PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-18-2006, 11:59 PM #43
Vision646

cwap you reffing Boston?

Tacobell, see you in Boston (i'll be playing in the team in my sig)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2006, 12:02 AM #44
cwapman
Acta virum probant

cwapman is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
cwapman is playing at Living Legends III
cwapman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
yeah ill be reffing boston and hopefully the rest of teh events.. good luck to every one .. and remember to drink a **** load of water youll need it .. if any one has any more questions please post up so we can help you out before the event...
-Dan
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-19-2006, 12:10 AM #45
xxpainthrowerxx

tucked in jerseys, how muhc of my pack do you need to see to be legit?
Old 07-19-2006, 12:10 AM #46
Vision646

see you there cwap
Old 07-19-2006, 12:24 AM #47
187paintball

Two for one's and three for one's

The rules states that,

19.04 Two-for-One. Assessment of the two-for-one rule (the removal of the player
committing the infraction and two teammates) may take place for the following infractions:
(1) Playing-On. Player continues to play after an obvious hit and materially
alters of the course of the game.

19.05 Three-for-One. Assessment of the three for-one rule (the removal of the player
committing the infraction and three teammates) may take place for the following infractions:
(1) Playing-On. Player fires marker after acknowledging elimination.
(2) Wiping. Player deliberately removes paint in order to avoid elimination.

So basically if a player continues his movement forward and continues to shoot other players we may call a 3 for 1. It's judgement call. It's kind of a ramped up situation. If we feel the player knew he was hit and was continueing on and as the rule states above that "The player materially altered the course of the game." We may elevate the penalty to a 2 for 1 or a 3 for 1.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:26 AM #48
cwapman
Acta virum probant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpainthrowerxx
tucked in jerseys, how muhc of my pack do you need to see to be legit?

the jursey has to be tucked in undrer the pack .. i usaly allow like 1 in over hang just enugh that it doesnt get in teh refs way of viewing a paintball hit .. but also its confitable (sp) for the player it is mostly up to the crono's refs on what they think is ok
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-19-2006, 12:30 AM #49
187paintball

Tucked in clothing

Your back must be tucked in the same way as the front.

4.05 Appearance. Players’ clothing must fit well. Jerseys must be tucked into player’s
pants or harness. Players may not wear any oversized clothing. Players clothing including pants
and jersey must be free from tears and rips. If clothing is torn or ripped during the course of a
game the player must change or repair any torn or ripped clothing prior to starting of next game.
The penalty will be the player is eliminated from the game.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:34 AM #50
cwapman
Acta virum probant

i need to get the online rule book ..lol
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-19-2006, 03:02 AM #51
shamu

Hey guys, good luck in Boston. I won't be there for this event but if conditions improve, I should be back for Cup.

And BTW - it's nice to see the answers given so far are correct

PS - Terry, the 3 for 1 is intended for any player who shoots back onto the field of play after his armband is removed or he signals his elimination. For example. shooting from the deadbox (remember Tontons in HB last year?)
Old 07-19-2006, 03:37 AM #52
Bucky505
La Relentless

2 questions

1.last practice i was doing a run through got shot after taking out my primary target then continued on to shoot 2 more people then called my self out-if caught whats the worst penalty i would get for that? mind you i only got shot once on a place were i cant check while running.

2.ive been told many different things about overshooting, what is the maximum limit for shooting someone in the rule book? because ive taken 12 in one game and they never called overshooting i shot someone 5 times i got called for it, so what is the limit?
Old 07-19-2006, 04:43 AM #53
ramenbuoy

im pretty new to paintball, so i got a dumb question. ok lets say you do a run through. you shoot the first guy FIRST, then he shoots you, are you out? and what if after you get shot by the first guy you shoot another guy. what does that mean.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:38 AM #54
b1aze
Sorry I'm A Champion

b1aze is a Supporting Member
b1aze is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Whats the ruling on just the tops cut off of soft ears on a flex? Im not talking totally chopped off, but the top 3/4 inch. Is it up to the ref's discression as if it alters the safety design of the mask, or will i get pulled instantly for them?
"Originally posted by AuctionJunkie: thebestbetistodotheresearchonyourownandreadtheforu msandseewhatfitsyoubettereachpersonhasadifferentop inionastofeeloftheguninthierhandsifyouwanttosearch dontcomplainaboutitsimplypurchaseasupportingmember shipandyoucansearchanytimeaswellasreceivemanyother
perkssorrymyspacebarbroke
."
Old 07-19-2006, 07:10 AM #55
Caranthir
Villain Paintball

a very useful thread. hope this gets a sticky!

have a good one Kimo!
Old 07-19-2006, 09:13 AM #56
cwapman
Acta virum probant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky505
2 questions

1.last practice i was doing a run through got shot after taking out my primary target then continued on to shoot 2 more people then called my self out-if caught whats the worst penalty i would get for that? mind you i only got shot once on a place were i cant check while running.
17.03 Obvious, but not Easily Verifiable while wearing goggles. Players with obvious hits in areas which are not easily verifiable, such as the back must immediately call on a teammate who can easily verify whether or not the paintball broke to indicate whether or not such player was eliminated. The teammate must respond immediately, and if the hit player was
eliminated, he must cease play, signal his elimination and exit the field. Failure to call on such teammate for verification or failure of such teammate to respond immediately constitutes playing on by the hit player. If no such teammate is available for verification, such player must immediately call for a paint check by a Field Ref. Failure to call for such a paint check immediately will constitute playing on by such player.

if you dint get checked the rulling would be

19.04 Two-for-One. Assessment of the two-for-one rule (the removal of the player committing the infraction and two teammates) may take place for the following infractions:
(1) Playing-On. Player continues to play after an obvious hit and materially
alters of the course of the game.

now if you where in the pack or tubes behind your waist you would have no penalty agenst you and you will be called out and the players you shot after you got it would remain in the game

Quote:
2.ive been told many different things about overshooting, what is the maximum limit for shooting someone in the rule book? because ive taken 12 in one game and they never called overshooting i shot someone 5 times i got called for it, so what is the limit?
From the rule book
(Over Shooting. Over shooting any other player with intent to injure.)

in my eyes thats shooting some one 15+ times .. or like a lasoya assanation ..
.. we all have ben shot like 8 times getting bunkerd its part of the game ... but if it comes to the point of intent to injure then it will be deemed over shooting . there is no spcific limit its to the refs decision.. even one ball to the back of the head could be over shooting bc it has teh intent to injure..like lasoya ...i have that vid if u want to see it ..lol
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-19-2006, 09:20 AM #57
cwapman
Acta virum probant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenbuoy
im pretty new to paintball, so i got a dumb question. ok lets say you do a run through. you shoot the first guy FIRST, then he shoots you, are you out? and what if after you get shot by the first guy you shoot another guy. what does that mean.
if you shoot him first and then he shoots you he is out and you stay in the game .. and its up to the refs to decide if there will be a penaty to the other team it will all depend how much time elapced between you to players getting shot if he played on for lets say 10 more shots after getting hit in the mask i would pull a one for one on him ....
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-19-2006, 09:28 AM #58
cwapman
Acta virum probant

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze
Whats the ruling on just the tops cut off of soft ears on a flex? Im not talking totally chopped off, but the top 3/4 inch. Is it up to the ref's discression as if it alters the safety design of the mask, or will i get pulled instantly for them?
any modified mask is an illegal mask. what i would sugest doing is before your first game or even thurs.. go seek out the nppl Scrutineer he will have the final say in that field.. if you dont go see him and just go play your game .. and you get by the crono ref with that and a field ref sees you with them he can pull you...just go see the nppl Scrutineer that would be the best way.
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-19-2006, 09:41 AM #59
EvilQ17
www.PBLive.tv

ok here is my question.

I have one of those dye sandana things and a head band. if i wear both of them is that over 2 layers. i only ask because they have that part on the forehead that soaks up the sweat and it is a little thicker.

Stuff For Sale

PBLive-Wednesdays at 10EST-for Phoenix cast click this
Old 07-19-2006, 09:48 AM #60
cwapman
Acta virum probant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilQ17
ok here is my question.

I have one of those dye sandana things and a head band. if i wear both of them is that over 2 layers. i only ask because they have that part on the forehead that soaks up the sweat and it is a little thicker.
as far as i know it would be 2 layers but with in reason
NPPL REF #22

Last edited by cwapman : 07-19-2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:55 AM #61
b1aze
Sorry I'm A Champion

b1aze is a Supporting Member
b1aze is reppin' sidebar 4 life
There is a no limit on head gear, so as many head wraps as youd like, within reason.
"Originally posted by AuctionJunkie: thebestbetistodotheresearchonyourownandreadtheforu msandseewhatfitsyoubettereachpersonhasadifferentop inionastofeeloftheguninthierhandsifyouwanttosearch dontcomplainaboutitsimplypurchaseasupportingmember shipandyoucansearchanytimeaswellasreceivemanyother
perkssorrymyspacebarbroke
."
Old 07-19-2006, 09:57 AM #62
cwapman
Acta virum probant

yeah he just asked if that would be 2 layers but yea...lol
NPPL REF #22
Old 07-19-2006, 10:00 AM #63
EvilQ17
www.PBLive.tv

thanks guys i didnt know there was no limit so thanks. i am playing PSP if that changes anything i forgot to mention it.

Stuff For Sale

PBLive-Wednesdays at 10EST-for Phoenix cast click this