raehl is a Moderator
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Help Promote Paintball!

It's always a pleasure to see paintball on television. This is the fourth year in a row that the NCPA has televised the college paintball championships. As you might expect, the more people who watch the shows, the easier it is for us to continue to televise the events. So we need your help.

Tell your friends and family about the program.

We have fliers available at www.ncpapaintball.com that you can email to people, or if you own a field or store, print and post. Paintball as an established, televised college sport is a great message for us to bring to the general public - no other extreme sport has a college league like paintball does.

We hope you enjoy this year's programming.

Thanks,
Chris

Check Out Paintball on TV!

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2008, 03:52 PM #2
frogsaver

I have direct tv/tivo, and I didnt have the channell it was on :{ it makes me angry
frogsaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:40 PM #3
downtownballer
g'd from the feet up

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogsaver View Post
I have direct tv/tivo, and I didnt have the channell it was on :{ it makes me angry
fox sports net i think
“Winning is a habit. Watch your thoughts, they become your beliefs. Watch your beliefs, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your habits. Watch your habits, they become your character"

/r/
downtownballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:18 PM #4
EclipseEgoowner#1
Vertical Urge Skater

nice
EclipseEgoowner#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:58 PM #5
pimpinsaylor

After watching it, I think it is good. But it will never catch on. Much like the old paintball broadcasts on ESPN from the mid 90's.
pimpinsaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:09 PM #6
pballer99

pballer99 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pballer99 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
yeah, the problem is it has to be like sports network (atlantic). i think there is another one too..but I don't get it either.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:30 PM #7
C.Robinson
Chris Robinson

C.Robinson plays in the PSP
hmm, i think to maybe promote the sport a little better would be to broadcast PSP and NPPL events a little more. Watching the proffessionals might bring more interest into the public eye.
C.Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:47 PM #8
viva_la_adam
Pimpin Paid for Errthang

viva_la_adam supports Ninja Paintball
but watching college teams makes it sound like a legit sport that these universities recognize...
Old 07-13-2008, 10:07 PM #9
FLipeD
*630*

it'd be better if there was paintball on basic cable. i remember watching it like 2 years ago on espn 2 on comcast
FLipeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:13 PM #10
R3dlineAssault

it would be easier to promote the program if people got the channel i only have the regular one, i think its 32
R3dlineAssault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:29 AM #11
Wild Huntsman
El Presidente

Wild Huntsman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Wild Huntsman posts videos on PbNation
Wild Huntsman is an NCPA player
Wild Huntsman plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by viva_la_adam View Post
but watching college teams makes it sound like a legit sport that these universities recognize...
yeah this is true. it also helps smaller universities and colleges set up their teams. NCPA youtube videos were one of the ways that we were able to convince our school to let us start up an official club, and then get some money as well. having the sport telecast gives some legitimacy not only to the sport, but to the college teams that (mostly) have to fight tooth and nail even to be recognized.

also, having college teams helps the image a bit more, showing that educated near-adults play the game as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLipeD
it'd be better if there was paintball on basic cable. i remember watching it like 2 years ago on espn 2 on comcast
i think one of the big things is making it available on college campuses. itd be much better if everyone at school could watch while their team was away.

hope to be there in 2009 or 10.
Wild Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:25 AM #12
al6737
I like pie (pi) (3.14...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Robinson View Post
hmm, i think to maybe promote the sport a little better would be to broadcast PSP and NPPL events a little more. Watching the proffessionals might bring more interest into the public eye.
I disagree. Who has heard of Boston Red Legion? Who has heard of Dynasty? No one outside of the paintball world. Let me ask the same questions with name changes. Who has heard of Penn State? Who has heard of Ohio? Alot of people have. This is the best way to publicize. The format isn't quite right yet but it's almost there. Once it becomes easier to video this game it will become a bigger sport.
al6737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:50 AM #13
GreenStreetElite01
Dude, these are isotopes

GreenStreetElite01 plays in the PSP
GreenStreetElite01 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GreenStreetElite01 plays in the APPA D5 division
The presentation of this show is top notch(for paintball anyway). I watched last years and have recorded the stuff over the weekend to watch tonight, can't wait. I wish the show was on a more accessible channel but any exposure is good exposure.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:05 AM #14
captshorty7
Jason Kohout

captshorty7 plays in the PSP
captshorty7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
captshorty7 supports Team VICIOUS
captshorty7 is an NCPA player
captshorty7 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by al6737 View Post
I disagree. Who has heard of Boston Red Legion? Who has heard of Dynasty? No one outside of the paintball world. Let me ask the same questions with name changes. Who has heard of Penn State? Who has heard of Ohio? Alot of people have. This is the best way to publicize. The format isn't quite right yet but it's almost there. Once it becomes easier to video this game it will become a bigger sport.
this point is totally true
Rusty Glaze fan club #7!!
captshorty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:22 AM #15
GreenStreetElite01
Dude, these are isotopes

GreenStreetElite01 plays in the PSP
GreenStreetElite01 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GreenStreetElite01 plays in the APPA D5 division
Watched the new episode yesterday, looks even better than last year. I liked the interviews and whatnot, and man Ohio got spanked by Illinois. Matty Marshall is the best commentator in paintball for sure. Did anyone else find the crowd noise to be a little overpowering though? It was a little hard to hear Matty and Bea at times because the crowd was so loud.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:55 PM #16
killinhookers85

i will
killinhookers85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:37 PM #17
FCUSA

Matty and Bea are perfect for the job. The NPPL and PSP should have those two at every event. And make it worth their time. The efforts that Mr Rahel is putting forth help the entire sport grow. Hats off to him, the crew helping him make it happen and the rest of the teams participating.
FCUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:30 AM #18
vijil

We keep on talking about how the format needs to be changed in order for paintball to work as a TV sport, but I dissagree. Although there are some good ideas floating around (*some* of the ideas from moneyball actually made sense even though the overall concept was massively flawed) we need to realise as well that there is a lot we can do to film paintball better from the cameras and editing side of things.

Camera angles, tactical overlays, barrel cams etc. are not yet being used in a way that clearly communicates the tactical side and other aspects of the game such that the uninitiated can understand. We can make the sport much more watchable using our current formats, we just need a better camera setup and editing as well as camera operators and editors who really understand the game. This is a 21st century sport, so it makes sense to film it in a 21st century way.

In short, this show is on the right track, but I'm sure there is so much more that could be done.

Last edited by vijil : 07-18-2008 at 04:33 AM.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:19 AM #19
scoobytgi
UK Asylum Killer

I'd love to see the breakouts from a boom/crane camera above and behind the start gate, looking down over the field - split screen it so you can see both breakouts at once, it would make a lot more sense. maybe even mirror the image on one side of the field, so you can see both ends of a gunfight on the same side of the screen.

I never studied media, but that would work (in my head...)
scoobytgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:28 PM #20
vijil

Mm... having studied media, split screens tend to confuse people who don't know what they're looking at because they don't know where to look. It's not good for shot composition either. That said, it's great for players to watch.

I think over the shoulder cameras and angles that show both ends of a gunfight in one shot are generally a better way to go. In breakouts, I'd think about going with an over the shoulder camera on one of the teams, then cut to a top down to show where everyone on both teams ended up. That said I've never tried it so it may or may not work. Perhaps have several different ways of showing breakouts that you switch between.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:56 AM #21
mclovin69
Hotty Toddy

mclovin69 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
yeah i have direct tv and dont see pb on tv. very disapointing if anyone has answers i would very appreciate them
mclovin69 is offline   Reply With Quote