Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-25-2012, 06:22 PM #904
gregchicago

Mini or Axe? Whats the difference that matters?
gregchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2012, 09:33 AM #905
TJM13PB
Follow the Flow

TJM13PB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TJM13PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TJM13PB has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TJM13PB has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I really like having the on/off asa personally that's really the only thing that jumps out at me

GEAR BAG SALE
TJM13PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:47 AM #906
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregchicago View Post
Mini or Axe? Whats the difference that matters?
Axe is bigger, has toolless bolt removal, relay asa. The new ones have easier programming.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:15 PM #907
Give Her The D

Any thoughts on the Spyder MR4 ProI use to play with a MR2.

Can it really shoot 1600 rounds on a 20oz tank?
Give Her The D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:15 PM #908
Flash aka Dan

mini is obviously smaller, so if you are a big guy the mini is not for you.
Flash aka Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:13 PM #909
bluebolt66

bluebolt66 is playing at Living Legends VI
bluebolt66 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hey guys, new to the forum, played mostly woodsball way back in the day but now getting into speedball. I'm currently in the process of updating all my gear and now am trying to make a decision on a marker. I'm debating between the following markers:
Planet Eclipse Etek 3 LT
UPS: Ape Rampage OLED board
Tech T Hush bolt
Zick 2 kit
Planet Eclipse 2011 POPS On/Off ASA
$350
[IMG][/IMG]

Bob Long Intimidator Alias
Ups: Frenzy board
Custom Products sling trigger
magnetic trigger mod
Hybrid thumb screw eye cover screws
$275
[IMG][/IMG]

Planet Eclipse xsv sl66 ego
Ups: Dye Barrel
Virtue grip
$420 (may be able to get closer to $350)
[IMG][/IMG]

I know the Alias would be the quietest but don't really care how loud the marker is. Any insight is appreciated perhaps any suggestions on another gun is similar price range. Not really a fan of the axes and Mini.

Thanks
bluebolt66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:18 PM #910
amusedhermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 noob View Post
I would not choose the demon, for various reasons, and this is coming from someone absolutely in love with the two vanguard markers I have owned. Even after they pushed back the release date, it just seems to me that they have rushed to put this marker into production, and I would wait until I see great results before purchasing. (Although I have very much faith that this will be an amazing gun, especially for the price they have set for it)

I'd choose an ego over an indy based on the same reasons as someone has already stated, even though the one independence I have shot blew my mind.

In the end though, I'd choose the clone. All these markers will probably perform the same, less a few differences here and there. I would rather shoot the marker that is less common, but not so uncommon like the alien where it may be difficult to get parts.

Anyway, I just realized that this may not help much because my final conclusion is based on preference. Oh well, the choice between most high end markers is based mostly on personal preference anyway. Good luck in your decision.
I agree. At this high end segment of paintball markers it really does come down to personal preference.
Mine? I personally really like the feel of the Indy, though I also love the demon.
Either way I would suggest to try it out first if possible, ask someone at the next match you go to and see if he/she will let you shoot a few times and see what you like best.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:13 PM #911
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
bluebolt66:

If you are good with markers and know how to maintain them and set the pressures, then the timmy would be a better marker. However, if you are looking for something a little newer and easy to maintain, the etek is a solid choice. Since you making the move to speedball, I would actually suggest the etek since it will be easier to work with and if something happens at the field, you are more likely to be able to get help. Also, parts a very easily available for the etek. With the XSV SL66, parts are getting harder to find.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:17 AM #912
Kkou123

Vanguard demon all the way!!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:32 AM #913
glowrunner2

glowrunner2 is playing at Living Legends V
glowrunner2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
glowrunner2 supports Team VICIOUS
glowrunner2 is attending Decay of Nations VI
luxe
glowrunner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:49 PM #914
joejohnjohnston

Hey all!

Getting back in to the game after a long hiatus of 10+ years. Need some sage advice. I'm 6'1 and about 190lbs. I mostly play speedball, and I'm looking to get into pump soon as well as tournament play in the future.

I used to play with autocockers, so I was thinking of getting a good mechanical trigger model from a quality manufacturer like chipley and purchasing a pump kit so i could switch between the two depending on what I want to play that day. The problem here is I won't have multiple firing modes and I won't be able to play VSC pump.

Another option would be to purchase a Phantom and maybe a used Invert MINI. That would give me the most options.

The third option would be to forget about playing pump for a while and get an Etek 4 or a Dangerous Power Fusion or something else in that price range.

Quality customer service and a good warranty are essential. A good gun with bad service/warranty is a waste of money in my opinion.

Im budgeting around $500. I could spend more, but I'd rather spend the extra coin on a better mask, tank, and hopper. Let me know what you think, I'm open to all suggestions.

Last edited by joejohnjohnston : 12-03-2012 at 01:23 PM.
joejohnjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:00 PM #915
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Ninja Paintball
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejohnjohnston View Post
Hey all!

Getting back in to the game after a long hiatus of 10+ years. Need some sage advice. I'm 6'1 and about 190lbs. I mostly play speedball, and I'm looking to get into pump soon as well as tournament play in the future.

I used to play with autocockers, so I was thinking of getting a good mechanical trigger model from a quality manufacturer like chipley and purchasing a pump kit so i could switch between the two depending on what I want to play that day. The problem here is I won't have multiple firing modes and I won't be able to play VSC pump.

Another option would be to purchase a Phantom and maybe a used Invert MINI. That would give me the most options.

The third option would be to forget about playing pump for a while and get an Etek 4 or a Dangerous Power Fusion or something else in that price range.

Quality customer service and a good warranty are essential. A good gun with bad service/warranty is a waste of money in my opinion.

Im budgeting around $500. I could spend more, but I'd rather spend the extra coin on a better mask, tank, and hopper. Let me know what you think, I'm open to all suggestions.
I'd definitely save the gun for last. I can't really answer this question though because you're not sure if you want to play pump or legit speedball. Pump is fun though, I pitted for my pump team at PSP MAO this year. For speedball, the etek 4 would be a good option, but the gun should be the last thing you worry about. Mask first. The mask is your most important piece of equipment. If you can't see, you're not effective out on the field. My personal favorite masks are Jt Proflex, Empire Events or Eflex, but I suggest going to your local proshop and trying masks on to see which ones you like best. As for hoppers, again preference. You can get a used rotor (my favorite) for around $110 or less maybe. Compressed air is a must. You can find a nice used air tank (carbon fiber) for $100 or less. All this used gear you can find in the B/S/T forum here on Pbnation. Avoid Dangerous Power, especially the G3/G4/G5 series of their guns. So many problems, and their customer service is terrible. Planet eclipse (etek 4) has awesome customer service. You can't go wrong.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:20 PM #916
joejohnjohnston

Mask, tank, and hopper are first on the list. I won't be skimping on those, learned that lesson long ago.

As far as game play, I mostly play legit speedball. On occasion, when I head to one of my local fields, I prefer playing with a pump. The competition isn't always great and a pump kind of evens the playing filed a little. Besides that, I'd like to start playing some pump against some higher level competition.

80% of the time, speedball is my game of choice, but I'm finding that 20% I spend playing pump more and more addicting.
joejohnjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:33 PM #917
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Ninja Paintball
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejohnjohnston View Post
Mask, tank, and hopper are first on the list. I won't be skimping on those, learned that lesson long ago.

As far as game play, I mostly play legit speedball. On occasion, when I head to one of my local fields, I prefer playing with a pump. The competition isn't always great and a pump kind of evens the playing filed a little. Besides that, I'd like to start playing some pump against some higher level competition.

80% of the time, speedball is my game of choice, but I'm finding that 20% I spend playing pump more and more addicting.
Gotcha. Yea, well if you are looking to get into the competitive aspect of speedball or pump, look up fields near you that host some tourneys.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:16 PM #918
bluebolt66

bluebolt66 is playing at Living Legends VI
bluebolt66 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyballer099639 View Post
bluebolt66:

If you are good with markers and know how to maintain them and set the pressures, then the timmy would be a better marker. However, if you are looking for something a little newer and easy to maintain, the etek is a solid choice. Since you making the move to speedball, I would actually suggest the etek since it will be easier to work with and if something happens at the field, you are more likely to be able to get help. Also, parts a very easily available for the etek. With the XSV SL66, parts are getting harder to find.
thanks yeah was kinda leaning towards the etek. Was just lookingfor that little extra assurance that i was leaning the right way
bluebolt66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:55 PM #919
Blitchy

Blitchy helped look for balloons
Blitchy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Blitchy supports Team VICIOUS
Blitchy supports Team VICIOUS
Blitchy is for the Gunfight
Blitchy is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebolt66 View Post
thanks yeah was kinda leaning towards the etek. Was just lookingfor that little extra assurance that i was leaning the right way
id go etek as well and im not a fan of eteks :p
Blitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:28 PM #920
Dude I want the LUXE

Dude I want the LUXE owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dude I want the LUXE owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dude I want the LUXE supports Team VICIOUS
Dude I want the LUXE supports Team VICIOUS
Try the g5 and tell me how that turns out!
Dude I want the LUXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:57 AM #921
Criticalcombo

Bob long Vic or Dye NT 11
Criticalcombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:28 PM #922
empirebrah

I like this thread a lot! I personally think the best gun you can get for starting out it either the dangerous power g3 the empire invert mini or the empire axe they all shoot pretty well for the price and easily upgradeable. tip for the invert mini and axe i would recommend a dye broomstick as a barrel upgrade the stock barrel is not very great.
empirebrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:36 AM #923
iceblok

dye dm12 or planet eclipse ego 11 (or Geo)?

Last edited by iceblok : 12-09-2012 at 02:54 AM.
iceblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:35 AM #924
Ls1Slow

Thinking about getting rid of my ION. I play mostly speed ball and was wondering what would best be suited for my next choice. I hear a lot of people talk about the EGO11, but that gun is way out of my price range. Was looking to spend between $4-600. Any help would be appreciated.
Ls1Slow is offline   Reply With Quote