Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-09-2012, 01:12 PM #631
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOT3R USA View Post
How does traveling better your chances at a job? I've never seen a job posting with the requirement of recreational travel.

****ing lol

Go ahead and let your own family be a drain on the country dude, let your mom be a welfare queen. Personally I think it's embarrassing but what evs
It wasn't a recreational vacation, so you can take that "****ing lol" right back.

As an advertising major, you tell me how going to NYC, touring 5 huge ad agencies, attending a conference, 3 career workshops, and 2 speakers, and networking with 20+ people in the industry ISN'T bettering my career potential.

I'm in college, paying my own way to earn a degree in order to make enough money to one day (in the future, derp) provide for my family, and my mom... As a full time student, and not someone who does nothing but work as a security guard all day, I have costs that keep me from helping my mom, but improve my odds of attaining a career, not just a job (like you seem to be heart set on having.)

So you can crawl back into the hills now and continue your close-minded WV lifestyle.

P.S. - I'm going to Chicago in February for the same reasons.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.

Originally Posted by Fat Joe: I don't feel the need to constantly point out when Im right.

#12 Michigan football record: 10-3 - Citrus Bowl Champions
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2012, 01:13 PM #632
SHOOT3R USA
PITTSBERG PANGWINS

SHOOT3R USA is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain A v2.0 View Post

I've never seen it in the "requirements" field but quite a bit in the "preferred" section.
I'm sure most employers would rather you not take a vacation, especially a payed one.
|C....C.............|
|K.......K..........|
|O..........O......|
|L...............L...|
|D.................D|
Old 12-09-2012, 01:14 PM #633
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Quote:
I'm sure most employers would rather you not take a vacation, especially a payed one.
payed

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.

Originally Posted by Fat Joe: I don't feel the need to constantly point out when Im right.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:14 PM #634
J.G. Wentworth
877-CASH-NOW

Man, this thread has been full of dumb lately.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:16 PM #635
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.G. Wentworth View Post
Man, this thread has been full of dumb lately.
It's my money, and I want it NOW!

Old 12-09-2012, 01:25 PM #636
SHOOT3R USA
PITTSBERG PANGWINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_OWNER View Post

It wasn't a recreational vacation, so you can take that "****ing lol" right back.

As an advertising major, you tell me how going to NYC, touring 5 huge ad agencies, attending a conference, 3 career workshops, and 2 speakers, and networking with 20+ people in the industry ISN'T bettering my career potential.

I'm in college, paying my own way to earn a degree in order to make enough money to one day (in the future, derp) provide for my family, and my mom... As a full time student, and not someone who does nothing but work as a security guard all day, I have costs that keep me from helping my mom, but improve my odds of attaining a career, not just a job (like you seem to be heart set on having.)

So you can crawl back into the hills now and continue your close-minded WV lifestyle.

P.S. - I'm going to Chicago in February for the same reasons.
To begin, your original post about going to NYC was something along the lines of "**** yeah going to drink expensive beer in time square." So yeah, if you're networking its totally different. No ****, not even I'm that retarded.

Also, I didn't realize that you had to go to college to obtain a career? Sweetheart, you can make a career out of anything. And yeah, I have costs to, I pay a cell phone bill for 2 people, groceries, a car payment, car insurance that's more than half my rent, which by the way I pay to. I pay more than half my gf's tuition and I can still manage to go buy my parents anything they may need or help them if they need it.

And back to the "odds" of obtaining a career. I'm taking a risk, obviously, but there is going to be a high demand for highly payed blue collar workers in the future (there already is in a lot of places) so yeah, while I may not get cultured at an educational facility, I won't waste 4 years of my life and go thousands of dollars in debt.

You can call me close minded all you want but at least my mother isn't a welfare queen.
|C....C.............|
|K.......K..........|
|O..........O......|
|L...............L...|
|D.................D|
Old 12-09-2012, 01:26 PM #637
imhungry (Banned)

When i was in daytona in college i spent all my trip money on booze so i went to the hotel bar/restaraunt (the whole place was UD students) and ate scraps...

both a low and a high point in my life. i was piss *** drunk the whole time so i didnt care
Old 12-09-2012, 01:34 PM #638
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Quote:
To begin, your original post about going to NYC was something along the lines of "**** yeah going to drink expensive beer in time square." So yeah, if you're networking its totally different. No ****, not even I'm that retarded.

Also, I didn't realize that you had to go to college to obtain a career? Sweetheart, you can make a career out of anything. And yeah, I have costs to, I pay a cell phone bill for 2 people, groceries, a car payment, car insurance that's more than half my rent, which by the way I pay to. I pay more than half my gf's tuition and I can still manage to go buy my parents anything they may need or help them if they need it.

And back to the "odds" of obtaining a career. I'm taking a risk, obviously, but there is going to be a high demand for highly payed blue collar workers in the future (there already is in a lot of places) so yeah, while I may not get cultured at an educational facility, I won't waste 4 years of my life and go thousands of dollars in debt.

You can call me close minded all you want but at least my mother isn't a welfare queen.

Add tuition and other general expenses to those things and realize how much I have to spend, and how much disposable income I don't have.

You keep insulting my mom like I can do something about it? Like me giving her $100 is going to make any sort of dent in my sister's financial costs, or any of the things she has to pay for.

She needs government assistance and we've already all been through this. She isn't just some lowlife abusing the system.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:46 PM #639
SHOOT3R USA
PITTSBERG PANGWINS

But you can do something about it, you just won't.

You could easily take a short course, get certified in something, and get a career. I know $100 wouldn't make a dent but the thousands you're spending on tuition would.

Blah blah blah, your dreams may be to become a graphic designer artist and do what ever the **** they do. My dream is to be a god damn astronaut but when I was like 15 I realized that it wasn't going to happen and it's irrational as ****. So instead I took the course that would better my family when they needed me the most. I can always go back to school but I can never go back in time and help those that need me.
|C....C.............|
|K.......K..........|
|O..........O......|
|L...............L...|
|D.................D|
Old 12-09-2012, 01:50 PM #640
Captain A v2.0
2romo4u

Captain A v2.0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
You could easily take a short course, get certified in something, and get a career. I know $100 wouldn't make a dent but the thousands you're spending on tuition would.
That's a short term solution to a long term problem.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:53 PM #641
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Quote:
But you can do something about it, you just won't.

Blah blah blah, your dreams may be to become a graphic designer artist and do what ever the **** they do. My dream is to be a god damn astronaut but when I was like 15 I realized that it wasn't going to happen and it's irrational as ****. So instead I took the course that would better my family when they needed me the most. I can always go back to school but I can never go back in time and help those that need me.
If everyone had the mentality that you do, we would all be security guards just providing for our parents because "wellll they took care of me, so **** what I want to do I have to help them right now..." Everyone would be blue collar workers and no one would ever pursue anything they wanted in life because it would be too much of a long shot. Better just stay in my home state, in the hills of BFE, and never ever experience anything or ever try anything new.

That's a ridiculous statement to make. ALL parents want to see their children succeed and go to college and be better off, rather than not doing so. Maybe not your family, because I can tell that your mentality and point of view is extremely skewed.

Taking a class to get certified in some bull**** job to help my mom in the present, as opposed to obtaining a career (which is different) and being able to do what I want AND provide for her in the future after all is said and done is a much better plan IMO and offers more reward and self-appreciation for knowing that I have actually succeeded in something in life and I am an expert in my area of study.

How you view the world scares the **** out of me.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:53 PM #642
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Quote:
That's a short term solution to a long term problem.
yes. this exactly.

Also, shooter you can't always go back to school because of previous statements you've already made. Taking BS classes in high school, not meeting pre-requisites for college courses, and complaining that the cost is too high to do so. I would put money on, if this isn't just you being a troll and is actually how you think, that you will NEVER go back to school, because you are content with being an under-achieving blue-collar worker...

Last edited by DMC_OWNER : 12-09-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:07 PM #643
SHOOT3R USA
PITTSBERG PANGWINS

Quote:

If everyone had the mentality that you do, we would all be security guards just providing for our parents because "wellll they took care of me, so **** what I want to do I have to help them right now..." Everyone would be blue collar workers and no one would ever pursue anything they wanted in life because it would be too much of a long shot. Better just stay in my home state, in the hills of BFE, and never ever experience anything or ever try anything new.

That's a ridiculous statement to make. ALL parents want to see their children succeed and go to college and be better off, rather than not doing so. Maybe not your family, because I can tell that your mentality and point of view is extremely skewed.

Taking a class to get certified in some bull**** job to help my mom in the present, as opposed to obtaining a career (which is different) and being able to do what I want AND provide for her in the future after all is said and done is a much better plan IMO and offers more reward and self-appreciation for knowing that I have actually succeeded in something in life and I am an expert in my area of study.

How you view the world scares the **** out of me.
I'm not saying nor do I think that everyone should follow my road. If your family is well off and you can afford to go to school.. then by all means do it.

However if your family needs extra income and you can't afford to go to school then you don't need to be going to school.

Anddddd because I have no interest in traveling because I prefer being productive with my time. Is a bad thing, I'll never understand that one.

I also think it's pretty comical that you think if someone was to say, get a job maintaining a nuclear reactor, that that is just a job. What separates a job and a career for you?

But hey, I guess making 6 figures doesn't making you an expert in that area of study. And I guess to have any self appreciation or to succeed in life you have to go be some yuppie desk jockey for corporate America.

I get it, thanks for showing me the light. I'm going go apply to Yale, Harvard, and Cornell so I can major in English. Then one day maybe I can be a god damn astronaut.
|C....C.............|
|K.......K..........|
|O..........O......|
|L...............L...|
|D.................D|
Old 12-09-2012, 02:11 PM #644
SHOOT3R USA
PITTSBERG PANGWINS

Quote:

yes. this exactly.

Also, shooter you can't always go back to school because of previous statements you've already made. Taking BS classes in high school, not meeting pre-requisites for college courses, and complaining that the cost is too high to do so. I would put money on, if this isn't just you being a troll and is actually how you think, that you will NEVER go back to school, because you are content with being an under-achieving blue-collar worker...
I could take the classes I needed at a CC if I truly wanted to. And yeah, the cost is to high, I would never go until I could pay my own way.

I am completely content with being a blue collar worker. I would be bored with my life if I had a desk job.

What exactly makes that under-achieving?
|C....C.............|
|K.......K..........|
|O..........O......|
|L...............L...|
|D.................D|
Old 12-09-2012, 02:11 PM #645
Captain A v2.0
2romo4u

Captain A v2.0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Anddddd because I have no interest in traveling because I prefer being productive with my time. Is a bad thing, I'll never understand that one.
Nobody is faulting you for "being productive."

Quote:
I also think it's pretty comical that you think if someone was to say, get a job maintaining a nuclear reactor, that that is just a job. What separates a job and a career for you?
Everyone I know who has operated a reactor, which is all of 3 people, have had multiple college degrees.

Quote:
But hey, I guess making 6 figures doesn't making you an expert in that area of study. And I guess to have any self appreciation or to succeed in life you have to go be some yuppie desk jockey for corporate America.
I know a LOT of people who make 6 figures and wouldn't want them watching my cat. Income does not equate to intelligence.

Quote:
I get it, thanks for showing me the light. I'm going go apply to Yale, Harvard, and Cornell so I can major in English. Then one day maybe I can be a god damn astronaut.
As you should.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:17 PM #646
SHOOT3R USA
PITTSBERG PANGWINS

Quote:

Nobody is faulting you for "being productive."

Everyone I know who has operated a reactor, which is all of 3 people, have had multiple college degrees.

I know a LOT of people who make 6 figures and wouldn't want them watching my cat. Income does not equate to intelligence.

As you should.
No, multiple times I've been told that because I would rather work than take a vacation makes me an idiot...

I guess they can have them, but it's not really required or so I've heard. I just used it as an example. Nuclear energy should be banned anyway.

Watching a cat and doing your job are two different things. Example: surgeons who do drugs. Income certainly does not equal intelligence

So I should follow my dreams even though they're never going to happen? Only to be disappointed later in life when I die never achieving said dream job? Got it.
|C....C.............|
|K.......K..........|
|O..........O......|
|L...............L...|
|D.................D|
Old 12-09-2012, 02:23 PM #647
giants57

Shooter I back you up on a lot of ****, but I think you are wrong on this one. Essentially what you are saying is just feeding into the cycle of insanity and expecting different results/accepting the state of affairs.
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

"Originally posted by Ly$ol: Sometimes I feel bad when I lead a ***** on, but hey it's a numbers game."
Old 12-09-2012, 02:25 PM #648
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

You are solely responsible for your "dreams" that are never going to happen. If you didn't slack off in high school because the system quit on you or no one helped you with class scheduling or whatever your excuse was, and actually applied yourself...there's a solid chance you could have gone on to college and obtained a career in something you used to dream about.

If that's being an astronaut, so be it...

Point is, you gave up a long time ago and decided your dreams or potential to do anything more than be a blue-collar worker was irrational and improbable, which is stupid, because you (or someone else) decided that for you way to early in your life....

Old 12-09-2012, 02:35 PM #649
giants57

A lot of people go through **** that sucks in their life where they were ****ed over. I came from a home where I was well off and had a strong parental financial backing. With that being said I was never handed anything, and during my high school years I was dealt some cards that I thought I did but in reality had no control over and really ****ed with me for a long time and made me question a lot of things. I won't get into that on here because at this point in my life I've become a better person because of it and instead of trying to piece together what happened or what could of been I let the pieces lay on the floor and moved on and used it as motivation to get ahead in life. Success is what motivates my life at this point, I've had to make some decisions in the past year and burn some bridges that hurt like hell to burn...but I know it's what's going to help me in the long run and I refused to feed in to achieving anything less. I don't care what anyone says, if there is a will there is a way.
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

"Originally posted by Ly$ol: Sometimes I feel bad when I lead a ***** on, but hey it's a numbers game."
Old 12-09-2012, 02:45 PM #650
tater_salad (Banned)

This is what our staff is shaping up to look like so far.

OC: Mike Bajakian
DC: John Jancek
DB: Willie Martinez
LB: Tommy Thigpen
DL: Steve Stripling
OL: Don Mahoney
QB: Tee Martin
WR: TJ Weist
RB: Jay Graham
TE/ST: Mark Elder
Old 12-09-2012, 02:45 PM #651
memorex