Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-01-2012, 02:30 AM #1
TyeStick
-I Run With Guns-

has been a member for 10 years
TyeStick supports Ninja Paintball
Exclamation Terrible A1 efficiency...

3500 air fill on my tank of a 68/4500...

Roughly 100 rounds later, my tank is sitting at 2000.

Would the bad efficiency be due to my new magno valve, D-LITE & STR Ram not being broken in?

Not forgetting to mention that I had FixMyAngel install and tune everything, as I currently don't have the tools, nor the gauges.

Last edited by TyeStick : 09-01-2012 at 04:04 AM.
TyeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2012, 03:21 AM #2
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Not calling you a liar but it almost couldn't have been that bad?

A1 poor effeciency is almost always caused by the hpr being turned up to compensate for something robbing velocity. Even when my pressures where garbage and I was running my hpr in the 300's I was still getting a hopper and a pod or two off a 45/3000.

For 100 balls to equal 1500 psi you'd have to be playing in different gravity.

My bet is tank gauge.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:00 AM #3
TyeStick
-I Run With Guns-

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
Not calling you a liar but it almost couldn't have been that bad?

A1 poor effeciency is almost always caused by the hpr being turned up to compensate for something robbing velocity. Even when my pressures where garbage and I was running my hpr in the 300's I was still getting a hopper and a pod or two off a 45/3000.

For 100 balls to equal 1500 psi you'd have to be playing in different gravity.

My bet is tank gauge.
If I didn't think there was something awfully odd about the poor efficiency, I wouldn't have bothered posting.

As far as the tank gauge goes, I hope it's not a dud. It's a brand new Ninja 68/4500.

I'm just scratching my head now, because I've got no clue what's going on with my efficiency. I've listened for leaks from the macro fittings, and nothing. I know it's not leaking air.

I'll wait for some others to chime in.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:23 AM #4
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Did you adjust the mini-reg much/if at all from when it came back from FMA? Dwell too high? Experiencing any bolt stick? All subtle things than can affect efficiency. Something would have to be pretty dramatically wrong for the efficiency to be that bad though - it should be something pretty obvious.

Also, just FYI, I've been using a Ninja tank to do some tech work recently, and the pressure gauge did seem just a little off. My SCUBA tank was at 3400 psi when I left the shop with it, and it was by no means a hot fill - I was waiting 15 or 20 mins just for the fill. Got it home, filled the Ninja, and it was reading 3k on the dot. It seems a bit implausible to me that the SCUBA lost 400 psi in a 40 minute drive from the shop to my house on a cool fill (although it's technically possible). The gauge on the tank is so small that the hashes are really clustered as well, making it somewhat difficult to accurately read. Not saying that's necessarily the problem, just something to consider. Best way to tell is just to get a fill from a station with reliable output pressure and shoot it empty. See how many shots you get.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:36 AM #5
pi.moon

Annual Supporting Member
pi.moon works for a Paintball manufacturer
Since I have done very few (1-2) A1's in the last 6 months I am very curious about this marker. What was your service ticket number?

Bob
pi.moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:38 PM #6
TyeStick
-I Run With Guns-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
Did you adjust the mini-reg much/if at all from when it came back from FMA? Dwell too high? Experiencing any bolt stick?
I haven't tampered with any of the setting since receiving my A1 back from FMA. Also, no bolt stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pi.moon View Post
Since I have done very few (1-2) A1's in the last 6 months I am very curious about this marker. What was your service ticket number?

Bob
(Service Ticket: 2087)

On a side note, I headed out this morning to finish off the 2000 psi left in my tank. And it netted me around 350rds, give or take...

I'm going to TRY to get another fill today, and run some more paint to see what happens.

Last edited by TyeStick : 09-01-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:15 PM #7
pi.moon

Annual Supporting Member
Service was back in April. If the marker has just been sitting that long you may want to run a drop or 2 of oil through the A1. Also, if you are dry firing (no paint) you will use are higher qty of air than with paint. If you are using a stock barrel, you will also use more air with most of the paint on the market today. A fresh 3500psi fill will easily drop below 3000 after cooling. Is your ninja set to 500psi?
Old 09-01-2012, 05:03 PM #8
TyeStick
-I Run With Guns-

Quote:
Service was back in April. If the marker has just been sitting that long you may want to run a drop or 2 of oil through the A1. Also, if you are dry firing (no paint) you will use are higher qty of air than with paint. If you are using a stock barrel, you will also use more air with most of the paint on the market today. A fresh 3500psi fill will easily drop below 3000 after cooling. Is your ninja set to 500psi?
Alright, I'll go ahead and drop some oil asap. I haven't been dry-firing and I'm using a DeadlyWind barrel system. I took out the required shims for the Ninja, and have it running at 500psi.

Last edited by TyeStick : 09-01-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:12 PM #9
pi.moon

Annual Supporting Member
Would strongly recommend having your tank's output pressure tested. We have seen these as low as the 380s with all shims out. What was radar FPS?
Old 09-05-2012, 04:47 PM #10
TyeStick
-I Run With Guns-

Quote:
Would strongly recommend having your tank's output pressure tested. We have seen these as low as the 380s with all shims out. What was radar FPS?
I haven't had a chance to chrono, but I haven't adjusted anything since you've tuned it. I wasn't able to get an air refill, but will try again sometime this week.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:45 PM #11
Methodcaptain

plays in the NXL
Methodcaptain plays in the APPA D4 division
Methodcaptain supports Shocker RSX
Methodcaptain supports Ninja Paintball
Did you get a chance to try again?

I'm curious to see what the issue may be.

WANTED: Blue and Green angel A1 FLY grips
Wanted - Angel A1/SB/AR:K parts and markers broken or working condition.

Still playing for you DAD (6/10/57 - 11/17/06). We all miss you.
Methodcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:00 PM #12
TyeStick
-I Run With Guns-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodcaptain View Post
Did you get a chance to try again?

I'm curious to see what the issue may be.
I haven't had a chance to get another air fill. I'll definitely follow up on this post after an air fill and some paint.