PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 09:34 PM #43
scrounger

has been a member for 10 years
scrounger is playing at Living Legends VIII
1. Everyone needs to get off this "its not a firearm" kick.
Like it or not, it is a gun (yes I said gun, a marker is a sharpie or a highlighter) that shoots a projectile that can and does cause harm/permenent injury. If it did not we would not be wearing masks on a field. It runs in the same classifications (in a lot of cities) as a bb gun.

2. Fair or unfair, you cannot bring to school nowadays bb guns, flare guns, swords, knives, paintball guns, ect. They are required now to be oversensitive in regard to student safety. It is no longer the days of leave it to beaver, but the aftermath of columbine. They cannot (IMO should not) assume that just because you don't have an airsouce or hopper that one is not around and you are planning to use it. Lets face it it would take less than 2 minutes (If you intended to do harm, NOTE I DO NOT THINK YOU WERE GOING TO) to air it up, load it, and go shooting.

I think you got caught doing something inocent, but stupid, without meaning to. Like comming into an airport with a leathermans tool (which has knives in it). They will take it and you can't say boo to it.

I hope they give it back to you and you can apologise for it. But as for a lawyer, I really don't think you have a leg to stand on. But check your student handbook, you may be suprised. That is why I say to always read it at THE BEGINING OF THE YEAR.

One other note I would like to note (as others have stated here). Alot of people here need to get their collective heads out of their backsides and realize that just because their are alot of us/it "is not a firearm"/it does not look like a gun (sometimes) that we CANNOT DO WHAT WE WANT.

Right/wrong/or otherwise we do play a sport that involves shooting guns/projectiles at each other in a percieved/implied violence. The public is not going to make the distiction as a "sport" if you continue to act like an arogant gang banger thug. The only way we can get them on our side is to act MATURE and look at it from there side and be sensitive to the world we live in today.

Just remember that paintball guns have been banned in cities like chicago (outside of an approved paintball field). I don't think standing up to a chicago cop and spouting off this is %^^% and you suck is going to get you far.

I just say if you treat it/keep it in mind as a firearm, use it responcibly, and act mature you will stay out of 99% of all trouble.

My 2 cents worth.

Scrounger
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2007, 11:35 PM #44
Ryguy916

did they confiscate the gun or did they let you keep it?
Old 12-06-2007, 03:52 AM #45
MedicDVG
Support the Troops!

MedicDVG is a Supporting Member
MedicDVG has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Scrounger pretty much hit it right on the head. You can be suspended for 'safety violations' for pretty much anything; be it possessing a pocket knife, or a paintball marker, or just even saying the wrong things. Common sense is no longer allowed in School Administration.

You can complain long, hard, and loud, but you will not win.
Ebay
AO

www.bigevilonline.com -- a better, happier place to be. Don't mess with La famiglia!
Old 12-15-2007, 05:28 PM #46
younggunz00
You cool man?

younggunz00 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
wow your school must have nothing else to do if they are doing stuff like this.

Originally Posted by VanHalen: yo stay snappy yung g

"Originally posted by Domc36-1: Because...I like getting high I guess..."

"Originally posted by empire1122v2: My aunt committed suicide. Blew her brains out. ****ing lesbian."
Old 12-20-2007, 09:09 PM #47
jdm001
will randomly type lyrics

jdm001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jdm001 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdm001 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
honestly the school cop should get in trouble for looking in the parking lot instead of looking for people doing drugs in the bathroom and people who are skipping class. to me this comes across as the guy who made straight Ds in the police acadamy(sp?) who is searching for something big to make him look good so he can do real police jobs instead of stand around a school all day. he just happend to find something that looked like a real gun (if you close one eye and squint real hard with the other) and pounced on the opportunity so he could look important and be in the limelight.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:34 PM #48
got_rice
|*Fallen Heroes*|

is this hight school? or college/university?
Old 12-21-2007, 04:50 PM #49
KLipneR
lets use the same avatar

KLipneR is an NCPA player
KLipneR plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Haun View Post
My mom is the one who said we need an attorney she is definitely behind me on this. She is also really into knowing about paintball, so she helped me talk to them. And when they basically told her it didn't matter what she said. She cussed them out and pulled and is having me appeal to our school board.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:31 PM #50
DarkEnigma
In Silence We Are Free

DarkEnigma donated to help Peyton Trent
DarkEnigma supports our troops
DarkEnigma is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
In our school they specifically mention paintball guns in cards in our hand book.

If you get caught with it and you didn't tell them before hand you get in trouble.

If you tell them you forgot it in your car, they dont care.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:32 PM #51
paramedic18
Shortcake!

paramedic18 is a Paintball photographer
paramedic18 is playing at Living Legends VI
paramedic18 is playing at Living Legends VII
paramedic18 posts videos on PbNation
so what actually happened, did you talk to the school? whats the status? im kinda interested to see what they had to say

Paintcheck Photography in Co-operating with RSHMedia, Covering the Indiana region for scenario, tourny, and rec play.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:02 AM #52
..hondasucks..

personnally comming from canada on this whole subject, everywhere i go people laugh when i tell them i play paintball, their like "your dumb" or "whats the point in running around in the woods shooting your friends?" but really you had a speedball "marker" i can see more as if it was a tippman or something that has potential to look like a gun but an ego? what kinda of dru*gs are these r***etards smokin? in my city especially paintball is obselet or however you spell it, its non existant there is a select few of us who play and whenever i got my "marker" out in public yea the POLICE talk to me, but "campus security" what a joke man especially for an EGO! with NO air NO paint NO gear hell you probably coulda convinced them it was a science progect if you wanted to, campus security are idiot, hense why we dont have them in canada but like that other guy said, remember you ARE representing our sport and each and everyone of us be smart and remember its a MARKER not a "gun" i got you on this one man this is a load of B***sh**t.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:41 AM #53
scrounger

scrounger is playing at Living Legends VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm001 View Post
honestly the school cop should get in trouble for looking in the parking lot instead of looking for people doing drugs in the bathroom and people who are skipping class. to me this comes across as the guy who made straight Ds in the police acadamy(sp?) who is searching for something big to make him look good so he can do real police jobs instead of stand around a school all day. he just happend to find something that looked like a real gun (if you close one eye and squint real hard with the other) and pounced on the opportunity so he could look important and be in the limelight.

Normally I would try to explain to you how HE WAS DOING HIS JOB because there could be firearms (or drugs, or worse) in the cars.

But given the comment "something big to make him look good so he can do real police jobs instead of stand around a school all day" I am forced to ask this........

Are you

1. Been busted by officers and "it wasn't my fault"

2. You are below 16 or have not discovered MATURITY yet

3. You just want to sturr the pot (as it were)

4. You are just an Ignorant yutz

Please pick one so I can understand and treat you appropriately.

Thank you

Scrounger
Old 12-26-2007, 12:18 AM #54
R3fil

Honestly if i was in this situation i would have put the gun in the trunk in a locked box and locked it to the inside of the car. The administration at my school is very lacking when it comes to common sense. Seeing as this is the situation amongst many school districts today i honestly think you should have taken some steps to avoid the situation in the first place.

In the event that the cop asked me to open my car, i would have refused. Which wouldn't do much because he has probable cause and could just take the keys from me. In which case i would probably end up doing something very stupid.

But hey, thats just me.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:42 AM #55
AcidFree

I wouldn't leave my Ion in the open in my car like that, let alone an Ego
Old 01-03-2008, 12:40 PM #56
paintballer777
B Madison

paintballer777 donated to help Peyton Trent
paintballer777 is playing at Living Legends III
paintballer777 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer777 posts videos on PbNation
This happened to my buddy a couple months ago. He had his mini in the back seat and he got suspended until his Dad fought the school.

UL'd Dm4
Old 01-04-2008, 03:06 PM #57
ghillemonster

man that sucks,

i got a in house suppension for having a chains saw in the back off my truck last year ( we had a bad storm and i had to cut my way down my girlfeinds drive way). it sucks for the littel crap you can get suppended for

i would have stuck it in my trunk or behind a seat
Old 01-08-2008, 04:46 PM #58
PaintballBenny
how you ding

Ask for the suspension form. See what they are suspending you for. Then all you need to do is prove that they are wrong. If you can find anything like a law that says that a paintball marker, as long as it's disassembled, (no tank or anything) is not concidered a firearm then just print that off and you'll get off the hook.

Like they won't let you take your tank on a plane unless you print off the airport laws where it clearly states that they will accept paintball air tanks as long as they have less than 45 psi in them.

The laws are the final call.

Note: However, if there is a law that says that having a paintball marker accesable in a public area is against the law then you can't really do anything about it. It's unfair, but it's really hard to fight.

Last edited by PaintballBenny : 01-08-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:08 PM #59
paramedic18
Shortcake!

paramedic18 is a Paintball photographer
paramedic18 is playing at Living Legends VI
paramedic18 is playing at Living Legends VII
paramedic18 posts videos on PbNation
benny ur advice is a bit flawed, tsa laws state no tanks can be brought on board unless they are empty, and the valve has been removed to check the insides of the tanks. trust me, been there, fought it, lost it. your tank must be empty and dismantled in order to take it on a plane.

Paintcheck Photography in Co-operating with RSHMedia, Covering the Indiana region for scenario, tourny, and rec play.

Last edited by paramedic18 : 01-08-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:37 PM #60
Aswqzx

Angry Weapon?

A "Marker" is considered a class 3 weapon in the eyes of Police. I'm not against you with this situation but it can be considered a weapon.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:41 PM #61
Aswqzx

I wish I could bring a sword to school. (Talking about Scrounger's message)
Old 01-09-2008, 02:56 PM #62
akatch79

Bottom line: leaving your Ego in plain sight was a stupid thing to do. You're not going to win this, in fact, you're probably just going to cast paintball in a more negative light by attempting to take it to court. The rest of you should stop trying to argue that it's ok to have a paintball gun at school -- it's not. Make it pretty colors and mill the crap out of it all you want, it still looks like a gun and works like a gun and it is still a potentially lethal (yes, lethal!) object. Next time you want to pick up your gun before school, leave it in the box and in the trunk, preferably covered up with something else. Not that hard. Anything else is just BEGGING for attention and will most likely receive it... the negative variety.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:16 PM #63
frosty64

so any update on this whole debacle? from the thread starter that is.
Closed Thread