Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 12-14-2012, 03:55 PM #400
lillybudjr
"Mr. Pink" C.O.

lillybudjr is playing at Living Legends VI
lillybudjr owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Mouthy Mime Photos and Video will be up soon.

https://www.facebook.com/MouthyMimes/
lillybudjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2012, 07:13 PM #401
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSOC.PROFESSOR View Post
It specifically stated as one of the rules on the back of the player card that Dead Man Walks were not allowed, it was also mentioned during the player briefing, stated in the rules http://boutdoorxtremechesapeakecity.runboard.com/t35 (and from me to the couple of players I told who I saw who were doing Dead Man Walks without Arm Band Tape. )
I second that Professor!!! There were a couple of jack a$$e$ that took their red tape off of their arms and at the last minute opened fire on my team. NOT COOL!!! I normally would aim first and ask second, then SHOOT. Since there was a rule against it, I was letting them go. Why do we have so many cheats in our sport. These are the people who make it so hard on the refs! Play by the rules so we can all have fun!
k2riser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:42 PM #402
OXCC Scenarios

Unfortunately there have been way too many reports of cheating on both sides...these reports have tarnished the game in our eye's. It's embarrassing to have to admit that OXCC's refs did not rise to the occasion and squash the cheaters, we were just unable to get in there and take care of all the cheating. The only good news is that we have heard the complaints and are now committed to provide training to OXCC's referee pool so they return to their past glory...we WILL make them the best refs in the country again!

We would like to publicly apologize to every player that was affected by the instances of cheating at the game and we want to let you all know that we will fix the problem ASAP!
OXCC Scenarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:02 PM #403
wdkrobsmith
Bender

wdkrobsmith owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
wdkrobsmith owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jincay View Post
Did you read the back of your player card?
Yes, it did say it on the back of our cards. Yes, I heard it at the pre-game briefing. With that being said some players still did it. This is nothing new. Scenario players will always try and push the boundries to see what they can get away with. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. What caused the confusion is when the refs started to up hold the actions of these players as being within the rules. I was the victim of a DMW. I think people are just asking was there a mid-game rule change to address some unforeseen incident or was it just confusion on the field?

On to the good stuff. I will be back. I loved the layout and design of the fields. Most of the players and staff were honorable, knowledgeable, cool people. The % of cheating I saw was minimal compared to most games of that magnitude. I had a good time running with players I had just met for the first time and getting into some real fierce fire fights with them. Sorry to the guy I yelled at near the german cp. You had just shot me after I called my self out. I had just taken on a tank and my adrenalin was high. as I was walking away I realized you were shooting at the guy 50ft behind me.
Anyways, I had a blast and I know the 5 guys that came down with me did too.
http://lehighvalleypaintball.com/
www.wdkfilms.com
RTM contract player
wdkrobsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:27 PM #404
SR_Voodoo

SR_Voodoo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SR_Voodoo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SR_Voodoo owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by OXCC Scenarios View Post
Unfortunately there have been way too many reports of cheating on both sides...these reports have tarnished the game in our eye's. It's embarrassing to have to admit that OXCC's refs did not rise to the occasion and squash the cheaters, we were just unable to get in there and take care of all the cheating. The only good news is that we have heard the complaints and are now committed to provide training to OXCC's referee pool so they return to their past glory...we WILL make them the best refs in the country again!

We would like to publicly apologize to every player that was affected by the instances of cheating at the game and we want to let you all know that we will fix the problem ASAP!
As my team produces scenarios, I can empathize. No matter how many times rules are stated, how many refs and of what caliber they are, you cannot be everywhere at everytime during a game. Its sad that so called players take advantage of this. It has NO bearing on the field if dishonorable people want to cheat. I know the issues will be addressed and some already have been. Kudos to OXCC for truly caring about the game. If they did not, everthing would have fallen on deaf ears and there would be no change. It has not fallen on deaf ears and I look forward to seeing the additional measures put in place to ensure thier games are some of the premire games in the country.

Steeel Reserve Paintball... A drinking team with a paintball problem.

Proudly sponsored by: PNL Paintball
SR_Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:28 PM #405
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OXCC Scenarios View Post

Honestly, it is very honorable for you to take the blame but, you made the rules clear. Could the refs have seen these people with their tape off? Yes but, cmon...they shouldn't have to. Could the refs have caught them doing a dead man walk? Possibly, if they were close enough to see them. They can't be everywhere. The players have to be held to a certain standard as well. The refs can't take the blame for everything, especially dishonest people. As a business owner, it is commendable that you are taking responsibility and is one of the reasons I will be back and that I enjoy your field. I will also talk to all of my friends and fellow Top Gun teams about coming to your field.

I think the refs did a pretty good job for most of the day. The final battle was hard fought and a lot of paint was flying. The refs that were close to the slapsticks had a hard job! I know because I was 15 feet away from one of the buckets behind a spool and they did pretty damn good. The only part I thought needed to be watched a little better was people going beyond the '50'. The berm on the side of the field should have been watched a little closer. I think everyone was paying closer attention to the center instead of the outside. No big deal though.

Great game!! My team and I will be back!!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:41 PM #406
JoeisanAssassin
JoKeR

JoeisanAssassin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
JoeisanAssassin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
JoeisanAssassin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Had a good time, enjoyed the competition and loved the fact that buildings could be blown up with launchers... that really helped clear the way on the airfield.

Got to ride in a tank with Voodoo and Bane. Only witnessed someone wipe once (he then proceeded to flip me off), so I made sure he called himself out the next shot I took. To the guys behind the mound at the firebase when we rolled up with the tank... your reaction was priceless. As much as I would have loved to shoot you... I am not that mean (plus I was unclear if there was a death radius if a tank rolled by a bunker and such.)

If the weather permits travel I will probably be back next year.
JoeisanAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:08 AM #407
Grazi
Role Playing is not DEAD

has been a member for 10 years
Grazi is playing at Living Legends V
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
With any slightly larger game cheaters will come out of the woodwork...

I only had one occasion when we noticed two players on red who had no arm band tape and attempted to dead walk on the tape line past professor and I.

Prof. And I know better and watched, their body language was obvious and clearly they were unsure what to do since we weren't falling for it. All I can tell you is that they were wearing all black; one guy and one girl. Tac vests n all.

They turned on a few of our players farther up and got them, I called a red over but it was too late, they walked right back to their insertion point... It took everything for me not to track them down and point them out...

UGH!!! God Damn panzies...

OXCC staff, you can't cover everything. Keep doing what your doing because its a good job!
MVP: ROME 2045 ~ French Indian War 2854
Grazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:41 AM #408
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazi View Post
With any slightly larger game cheaters will come out of the woodwork...

I only had one occasion when we noticed two players on red who had no arm band tape and attempted to dead walk on the tape line past professor and I.

Prof. And I know better and watched, their body language was obvious and clearly they were unsure what to do since we weren't falling for it. All I can tell you is that they were wearing all black; one guy and one girl. Tac vests n all.

They turned on a few of our players farther up and got them, I called a red over but it was too late, they walked right back to their insertion point... It took everything for me not to track them down and point them out...

UGH!!! God Damn panzies...

OXCC staff, you can't cover everything. Keep doing what your doing because its a good job!
Blonde chick, right? That's the same one I'm talking about! Caught red handed!! LMAO
Old 12-15-2012, 01:53 PM #409
Crimson Death
HATERS GON HATE

Mouthy Mimes
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:59 PM #410
SR_Voodoo

I thought the Mimes were Blue? In fact, they were and I'm certain about it.

Last edited by SR_Voodoo : 12-15-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:21 PM #411
Crimson Death
HATERS GON HATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_Voodoo View Post
I thought the Mimes were Blue? In fact, they were and I'm certain about it.
I forgot the ? at the end of my previous statement. I know they wear the all black tactical look and were the only ones I could think of.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:20 PM #412
SR_Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
I forgot the ? at the end of my previous statement. I know they wear the all black tactical look and were the only ones I could think of.
All good. I had to think about it for a minute too.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:40 PM #413
Potluck
Cocker Junkie to the Bone

Potluck has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Potluck has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
All black tactical yes, a guy and a girl yes. Mr. & Mrs. Pink and the rest of the Mimes were in blue and ran American.
Potluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:26 PM #414
USMC2141
Your worst nightmare

USMC2141 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OXCC is one of the best scenario fields I've ever had the pleasure to play at...the owner and staff are one of the best in the business and go out of their way to make the fields better for the players. Yes there was cheating going on by both sides and the refs were imo lackluster. It's the command staff and the players that makes the game and the refs to oversee everything that goes on. There were too many players and real estate for the refs to maintain "honest play". Add in 3 different types of paint to that equasion and you'll have a formula for a game that isn't on a level 10 standard. (there is no level 10 games that I went to ever, but we can only hope to achieve that level) I only hope that OXCC will correct these problems so we can truly have fun there....isn't it what it's all about having fun and enjoying what OXCC provides us. So don't blame the field blame all the dishonorable players that think cheating will get them a win....nobody wins and makes for a bad experience for the players first time out at OXCC.
USMC2141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:56 PM #415
OXCC Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC2141 View Post
OXCC is one of the best scenario fields I've ever had the pleasure to play at...the owner and staff are one of the best in the business and go out of their way to make the fields better for the players. Yes there was cheating going on by both sides and the refs were imo lackluster. It's the command staff and the players that makes the game and the refs to oversee everything that goes on. There were too many players and real estate for the refs to maintain "honest play". Add in 3 different types of paint to that equasion and you'll have a formula for a game that isn't on a level 10 standard. (there is no level 10 games that I went to ever, but we can only hope to achieve that level) I only hope that OXCC will correct these problems so we can truly have fun there....isn't it what it's all about having fun and enjoying what OXCC provides us. So don't blame the field blame all the dishonorable players that think cheating will get them a win....nobody wins and makes for a bad experience for the players first time out at OXCC.
Well said sir. There are big changes in the works in how reffing is handled at OXCC, these changes should guarantee a well reffed game always occurs at the field. I expect these changes to be noticed by all at our first scenario, Sedition, on March 16h. Thank you all for your support.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:46 PM #416
Potluck
Cocker Junkie to the Bone

Potluck has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Potluck has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I ment to make mention of this before, sorry OXCC. There was ten refs for 500 players over how many acres.
My hat goes off to them for doing the best job they could. If there was, and I'm sure there was, cheating it is up to us police ourselves first. If you see someone playing on or wiping and you said nothing you are just as guilty.

Gents and Ladies, I will be waiting for the replies.
Potluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:55 PM #417
OXCC Scenarios

I don't have the exact number, but there was greater than 20 refs on the field, 24ish I believe. I have no idea how many acres of playing area we use now

Last edited by OXCC Scenarios : 12-15-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:26 PM #418
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
She actually had on gray and white pants, I think. She definitely had red tape on early in the day but, I didn't see tape on her at all later. Mouthy Mimes were on Blue and played well, I will add. I had a couple of fire fights next to a couple of them.

Overall, the game was awesome! I will absolutely be back! Good luck in 2013 and Happy Holidays to everyone!
Old 12-16-2012, 01:26 PM #419
Grazi
Role Playing is not DEAD

Grazi is playing at Living Legends V
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2riser View Post

Blonde chick, right? That's the same one I'm talking about! Caught red handed!! LMAO
That's right, blonde hair... Whatever, long story short they were dishonoring the game bla bla. And if you're reading this were watching for you two.

On a far more positive note: OXCC, top notch game. A players actions are not in your control so trust me you get ZERO blame for this.

I have only praise for you guys! And I cannot wait to get my butt down there again for another game!
MVP: ROME 2045 ~ French Indian War 2854
Grazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:01 PM #420
Comfymumfy

Comfymumfy is playing at Living Legends III
Comfymumfy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I like paintball...let's play more!
Outdoor Xtreme Chesapeake City OXCC
Comfymumfy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups