Advertisement
Old 10-04-2013, 07:10 PM #107
Kaolinite
+-----------+

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lettucecheesecake View Post
I'll just leave this here

Must be a Dye thing to cheat and deliberately try to cause injury to other players

Doesn't Dye own a majority share in the PSP? PR has not been to good to them lately.

MISSION PAINTBALL CLUB
Kaolinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:46 PM #108
jwwhite1321
Barbie

jwwhite1321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jwwhite1321 is an NCPA player
jwwhite1321 plays in the APPA D4 division
Conspiracy theory, Art Chaos pays Tontons to quit so they have an easy in next year at psp
jwwhite1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:50 PM #109
805PB

805PB is playing at Living Legends VII
805PB is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawblade6 View Post
Fox and CNN do it everyday...
HAHAHAHA.....that's is soooo true!

oh and too bad tons tons couldn't hang...I guess that is where cheating gets you.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:59 PM #110
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG
LIKE LIGHTNING

B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
American people are some of the biggest hypocrites in the world. Good lords I nees to win the lottery and get out of this country. Paintball players are aome of the biggest cheaters, I see it constantly, hell I've done it!!! And don't tell me you haven't, don't tell me you haven't wiped, steped outta bounds but stayed alive, etc. Jeeze, friken Rusty Glaze wiped a massive hit on his hopper off the break a couple years ago. Players cheat its the bottom line.
Also from what ive seen with the TonTon incident, is they weren't acually shooting as hot as what was recorded. One gun shot ~350ish? On the first shot only! Then fell back below 300, and wasn't that gun sitting in the sun, and what does the sun do? Heat up stuff, and what happens when you heat up air? Boom more pressure!!!

The PSP ran off an amazing and historic team over some contrversial bull****. I blame the psp, and sympathize with the TonTons.
Elite
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:06 PM #111
CON*RAD
Shockers and Flexes

CON*RAD is for the Gunfight
CON*RAD plays in the APPA D4 division
CON*RAD has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CON*RAD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You would think if it was a financial problem Dye would give them more support and cover more of their playing or travel costs. I mean, It is their best team afterall, at least in my opinion...

You typically want your best teams playing the biggest event of the year. I believe they were run off aswell, I don't buy into the whole financial thing.
Deception Family #13
CON*RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:36 PM #112
freddy v.

Bummer. They were my favorite team to watch.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:28 PM #113
underdog2987
superhero for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CON*RAD View Post
You would think if it was a financial problem Dye would give them more support and cover more of their playing or travel costs. I mean, It is their best team afterall, at least in my opinion...

You typically want your best teams playing the biggest event of the year. I believe they were run off aswell, I don't buy into the whole financial thing.
Oh I don't know....Damage only has 2 seconds and a 1st this year, in the champoins div...

underdog2987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:56 PM #114
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG View Post
American people are some of the biggest hypocrites in the world. Good lords I nees to win the lottery and get out of this country. Paintball players are aome of the biggest cheaters, I see it constantly, hell I've done it!!! And don't tell me you haven't, don't tell me you haven't wiped, steped outta bounds but stayed alive, etc. Jeeze, friken Rusty Glaze wiped a massive hit on his hopper off the break a couple years ago. Players cheat its the bottom line.
Also from what ive seen with the TonTon incident, is they weren't acually shooting as hot as what was recorded. One gun shot ~350ish? On the first shot only! Then fell back below 300, and wasn't that gun sitting in the sun, and what does the sun do? Heat up stuff, and what happens when you heat up air? Boom more pressure!!!

The PSP ran off an amazing and historic team over some contrversial bull****. I blame the psp, and sympathize with the TonTons.

First of all, stepping out of bounds and wiping =/= safety violations such as hot guns

Secondly, shooting hot on purpose =/= shooting hot on accident

Thirdly, it was 'not' his first shot that was the hottest. They tested his gun 3 or 4 times and each time it was 'hotter'. Meaning that the faulty o-ring in the reg is a bunk excuse that the Tontons new was bull**** when they tried to give it.

Fourthly, I sincerely hope that someone with your contempt for our country is not representing us as a member of our armed forces.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:24 PM #115
ArchAngelIon
I run a field now

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon helped look for balloons
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Just watched "the breakdown" regarding this situation. Reading between the lines you can somewhat tell that Dye pulled their funding after all the bad press the hot gun fiasco brought to that company. I wonder if we'll still see the Ton Tons with Dye in the future.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:25 PM #116
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG
LIKE LIGHTNING

B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeage View Post

First of all, stepping out of bounds and wiping =/= safety violations such as hot guns

Thirdly, it was 'not' his first shot that was the hottest. They tested his gun 3 or 4 times and each time it was 'hotter'. Meaning that the faulty o-ring in the reg is a bunk excuse that the Tontons new was bull**** when they tried to give it.

Fourthly, I sincerely hope that someone with your contempt for our country is not representing us as a member of our armed forces.
I dont have contempt for our country, I love our country. I fought for this country. But ive been stabbed in the back too many times by fellow americans and our leaders. I syand for what this country was built on, not for what it has become.
Elite
B.W.M.H.ofBLITZKRIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:29 PM #117
Vissa

Quote:

He is pretty damn right.

Wasnt the official statement from the PSP that only the first shot was hot because of reg creep? Yes TonTons did know that but no intention to hurt someone or get advantage because after the first shot it was below 300.

Merica! Go shutdown your government! O wait...

Last edited by Vissa : 10-04-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Vissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:56 PM #118
Nokia6618

Nokia6618 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

Love how people buy the story of "the intentionaly cheating tontons "..
Reminds me of a certain president off a certain country that was 100% sure of weapons of mass distruction in a far away "enemy" country..

Last edited by Nokia6618 : 10-05-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Nokia6618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:06 AM #119
YohY

Quote:
Originally Posted by taulce1 View Post
I love the morals most of you have. Cheaters are the most disgusting part of the game. Good for all of you who are against it.

Now get your heads out of your ***** because I've seen just about every team cheat and knowingly do it.

Wiping, ect. is just as bad as a hot gun in the cheating world. How some of you can distinguish the difference is beyond me.

The ONLY difference is that a hot gun could hurt someone. Other than that cheating is cheating. I won't sit here and beat up on the TonTons when I would have to do the same for the other teams.
The most bizarre logic I have heard. Using your incredible logic going 66 in a 65MPH speed zone is the same as shooting someone - a crime is a crime. This whole kick about paintball cheaters is a joke. Paintball and its players are no different than NFL players, NBA players, etc. Are you disgusted every time there is an offside penalty? What about fouls in basketball. Does it just burn you that some scumbag player cheats and fouls someone?

Dude seriously I hope you do not vote.
YohY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:28 AM #120
facemower1211
BDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vissa View Post
He is pretty damn right.

Wasnt the official statement from the PSP that only the first shot was hot because of reg creep? Yes TonTons did know that but no intention to hurt someone or get advantage because after the first shot it was below 300.

no. Fabrice's statement said that. Lanes statement did not say only the first shot was hot. Feel free to check the psp forum, but here is his exact words
Originally Posted by Lane Wright View Post
A few real points --

1. Teams claimed TonTons were shooting hot on the break.
2. If PSP took the word of every team that claimed another team was doing something illegal (after they lost to them) and PSP went and looked into every claim, we'd A) have to make the events 8 days long; B) have to hire a team of forensic investigators to swing into action 46 times a day at the events C) have to raise entry fees to $8600 per team to pay for the CSI unit to patrol the events
3. At some point enough people gave credible info for PSP to consider the fact that something may be going plausible
4. Two separate individuals on the PSP staff watched the first 2 points of the TonTon Shock game and independently felt there were peculiar activities regarding the way the TonTons were handling their guns during chrono and prior to game start
5. The guns were spot chrono'd by surprise and 4 TonTon guns were indeed shooting hot. 1 slightly hot, 2 extremely hot, and 1 unbelievably hot. Aftershock also had 2 guns shooting slightly higher than 300fps.

6. Some TonTon equipment was confiscated and checked by techs.
7. There's no evidence that the guns were intentionally set up to cheat. Nothing about the guns and what they were doing would have given any real advantage to the team using them.
8. That doesn't mean it was just simply a accidental mistake however.
9. The chrono's were not malfunctioning. The issue had nothing to do with temperature change or paint size.

The TonTon's are not dirty cheating bastards - or at least the facts of this situation do not prove or even lean toward that conclusion.

The PSP did not knowingly let them play games with break out modes because we were too lazy to do anything, have no regard for safety, or any other of the ridiculous reasons people have surmised.

Additional penalties will be forthcoming. There is no evidence that the TonTon's engaged in intentional acts to gain advantage over teams and no evidence that malice was involved. Knowing the actual facts about what the guns were doing and/or not doing - there's no reason to believe the issues gave them any actual unfair advantage during competition.

Be that as it may, what they did was unsafe, irresponsible, irrational and outside of the conduct expected from any team - especially a professional team. It is conduct that we do not take lightly and conduct that will not tolerated.

PSP will release an official statement regarding the penalties and future sanctions imposed once we can get everyone home from the event and have the time to give the situation and sanctions proper thought

Last edited by facemower1211 : 10-05-2013 at 12:39 AM.
facemower1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:11 AM #121
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vissa View Post
He is pretty damn right.

They admitted to taking the field knowing of the problem. That's why there were extra sanctions brought forth.

You seem to grasp how the marker would act with that o-ring not functioning but why are you denying the order of the chrono reads that even the Tontons admit to? The LAST shot was the one that was 352, not the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokia6618 View Post
Reminds me of a certain president off a certain country that was 100% sure of weapons of mass distruction in a far away "enemy" country..
Never mind the 21 international laws broken regarding nuclear arms, right?

I love how all the Europeans are in here crying foul play and slinging mud. Sure, there is our fair share of French jokes but you guys are taking it to a whole new level with your inability to accept any form of responsibility for this. I feel like you guys would be arguing for Robespierre at this point if it suited what ya'll want to believe. (See, I can bring up irrelevant history too!)
Old 10-05-2013, 01:34 AM #122
Nokia6618

Nokia6618 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
They admitted to taking the field knowing of the problem. That's why there were extra sanctions brought forth.

You seem to grasp how the marker would act with that o-ring not functioning but why are you denying the order of the chrono reads that even the Tontons admit to? The LAST shot was the one that was 352, not the first one.

Never mind the 21 international laws broken regarding nuclear arms, right?

I love how all the Europeans are in here crying foul play and slinging mud. Sure, there is our fair share of French jokes but you guys are taking it to a whole new level with your inability to accept any form of responsibility for this. I feel like you guys would be arguing for Robespierre at this point if it suited what ya'll want to believe. (See, I can bring up irrelevant history too!)
And i love how hypocritical americans can be..
A lie does not make the truth.. They did not go on the field knowing that they were shooting hot.. Even the psp found the broken regulator..
This team has been around for more then 25 years, and i believe them a lot easier then any "biased keyboard comando " on here..

The extra sanctions the psp has given the tontons prouves that the psp is biased. If you sanction entire team because 1 guy was shooting very hot and none of the other teams that are also shooting ver hot, then yes you are biased.. Especially if you talk about sportmanship but let others get away with worse.. I did not see any sanctions on the aftershock coach for showing the middle finger.. And i am not even talking about some off the other videos that show american teams..

In the final between team usa and the uk 2 americans had hot guns and the uk had 1..
You can watch it on the webcast.. Does that mean that they are cheaters ? No, they turnned their gun down and thats it..

In the past there has been proof of american leagues being biased with european teams.. Ask joy division..

Last edited by Nokia6618 : 10-05-2013 at 01:38 AM.
Nokia6618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:42 AM #123
1dayteam120

1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokia6618 View Post

And it begins
Old 10-05-2013, 02:53 AM #124
LVsColoradoKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballsicko1 View Post
oh, they cheat, get caught, then don't come back.... Gotta love the French
Was thinking the same thing!! Lol. You would think they would want to just come into World Cup, play good shooty ball to put the whole shooting hot issues from WCO in their back pocket, even though it tarnished the Ton Ton's name in competitive paintball. I know from what they did at the last event, and with the "excuses", that I have lost all my respect for them and don't care to see them play another PSP event again, who wants to fallow a team that cheats and shoots hot so they can win?
LVsColoradoKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:42 AM #125
PBParagon

PBParagon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PBParagon has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Maybe they are just letting the overblown criticism die down. Other than the hard work and pride "pro" paintballers have, they aren't making millions playing a game only to get berated and criticized. The hot gun infraction was an easy to understand infraction for even the newest watcher of Paintball. Everyone who plays knows about adjusting their speed. As I said earlier about Pride... Is spending the amount of money needed to come over here and practice, stay at a hotel, eat, and play financially feasable to only be criticized? They aren't going away and I will be glad to them soon.
PBParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:17 AM #126
Babyjuice419
ProductOfToledoIndoor

Babyjuice419 plays in the PSP
Babyjuice419 supports Team VICIOUS
Babyjuice419 supports Pev's Paintball
im sure there is drama behind it. most of the time money it seems like
Babyjuice419 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.