Angel_Owner_188200
Mod Wanna Be...Gun Tech

has been a member for 10 years
Angel_Owner_188200 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Angel_Owner_188200 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Angel_Owner_188200 is Legendary
Angel_Owner_188200 is Boss
Ok so the psp is trying to cut down on coaching/bleacher support..Right

So why not instead of this crap, try this...

pushes the fans a little further from the action but also provides more area for the refs to roam freely and a restricted area for photographers.. and if a photog violates the restricted area they can be removed from the field and even from the event..

charge way less...

**** if you provide this area on the pro fields it could provide room for much better equipment...
Angel_Owner_188200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2014, 03:36 PM #254
rikkter
nVoke Media

rikkter is a founding member
rikkter is a Paintball photographer
rikkter donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Owner_188200 View Post

pushes the fans a little further from the action but also provides more area for the refs to roam freely and a restricted area for photographers.. and if a photog violates the restricted area they can be removed from the field and even from the event..

charge way less...

**** if you provide this area on the pro fields it could provide room for much better equipment...
That's actually funny you just did that graphic... I had the same EXACT thought, came here to make a post and saw that image.

rikkter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:05 PM #255
N*Famous

Stuff like this is why the sport takes a step back all the time instead of going forward. Greed always gets the best of them...
N*Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:17 PM #256
TheNordicBuffadillo
Still roaming...

BOOOOOOOO!
Old 01-27-2014, 04:34 PM #257
1stGenRex
Easily Amused

1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by N*Famous View Post
Stuff like this is why the sport takes a step back all the time instead of going forward. Greed always gets the best of them...
But "there's no money in paintball!" has been a cry that I have heard on various occasions...
1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:38 PM #258
trhurley

trhurley owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
trhurley plays in the APPA beginner division
This could really be taken in a few different ways. Some of the local guys that are just trying to make a few bucks off of this are now screwed cause it's so damn expensive just to be one photographer on the field. But this is great for the big guys because this means as stated in the original document that there will now be less competition. But for me, I would have to say that I don't like this at all. I love watching the multiple videos of all national/international events on a lot of youtube channels and now this might mean that there will be less videos. That's just me personally though. Maybe some people just like to look at one video and be like, "Oh, that's it?" But I like to see so many different teams go against each other. For some reason, I don't care much about the photos. They don't really appeal to me. I'd like to think of those people as just the annoying guys on the side that get in the way of everything. So just to wrap this up because I basically started to ramble at the end, let the media be free to do what they want (obviously with some rule restrictions but not many).

Dorito Player

CPX SPORTS

SOCIAL PAINTBALL

H8TED SKUM
trhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:40 PM #259
trhurley

trhurley owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
trhurley plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:

charge way less...

This is actually a REALLY good idea, we need to promote this!!!

Dorito Player

CPX SPORTS

SOCIAL PAINTBALL

H8TED SKUM
trhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:05 PM #260
sixsixsix69
Aggressively Lazy

sixsixsix69 is a Supporting Member
sixsixsix69 is a founding member
sixsixsix69 is a Paintball photographer
sixsixsix69 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhurley View Post
This is actually a REALLY good idea, we need to promote this!!!

Its been done before... you think people pay attention to rules that are handed to them... People can't even stay off the pro field if they have a divisional pass.... What makes you think they will follow boundaries once on a field they're not even supposed to be on.

Not that I like the PSP solution to their problem, the solution of boundaries... doesn't work at the moment.
sixsixsix69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:47 PM #261
LastarsonisT
I only have one rule...

LastarsonisT is a Paintball photographer
Adding MORE regulations won't fix the issues, enforcing the existing rules and regulations would go a long way.

Or if you want a much less offensive way of cutting out all of the "in it for fun" photographers and keep it strictly to legitimate working photographers why not require proof that they are in fact an established business? Tax ID or another form of confirmation? You've just eliminated 90% of the problem without having to raise entry a single cent.

Yeah it would force a few of the legitimately skilled photogs to get the paperwork lined up and that would cost a couple hundred but I'd rather see guys doing things right with their businesses than getting reamed because a few folks can't deal with telling cry babies "No" when they screw up.

When you go through hardships
& decide not to surrender,
that is strength.
LastarsonisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:58 PM #262
HollywoodSocal

HollywoodSocal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
HollywoodSocal supports DLX Technology
Ridiculous...Coverage of the PSP is what a lot of people look forward to ,and also shows people outside the sport how big paintball events can be. Its what got me into the sport actually. And where are these fees coming from? as if the photography career was lucrative enough to be charging this much.We owe the people who expose paintball so much and the PSP does this... Guess they're not satisfied to be pulling in the biggest events and being the #1 league.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:09 PM #263
HollywoodSocal

HollywoodSocal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
HollywoodSocal supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotbanned-ibra5 View Post
Hey PSP, let us know if there will be a photo booth for the working photographers. You know, like the photo/press rooms that real sports offer for photojournalists.

Just a few things needed for the booth out on the field:

*High speed internet
*Desks/Tables (so photogs can edit on the field)
*Power outlets
*Food and refrigerated drinks. (breakfast and lunch will suffice)
*AC (specially for WC, it gets really hot in Fl)

Most, if not all, professional sports venues offer this and do not charge for a media pass. So, since you guys seem eager to charge an ungodly amount of money for a media pass those things previously mentioned are expected from you as a "professional" sporting venue.

My request seems a little too crazy you might say? Well, so does your idiotic "media policy". You are simply pushing the best paintball photographers in the world away from your events with such petty bull****.

Don't get me wrong, I love paintball and have enjoyed playing the PSP, but from a players perspective you guys really need to actually put some thought into this.

Ps
Damien, you refusing to discuss the changes online or over emails seem like extremely poor customer service coming from a "professional" sports event representative.
Well said!
Old 01-27-2014, 06:17 PM #264
WP2015
ACL tears are no bueno

WP2015 plays in the PSP
WP2015 is playing at Living Legends VIII
WP2015 is an NCPA player
WP2015 supports Pev's Paintball
WP2015 is Legendary
WP2015 supports Empire
WP2015 is All In
So I'm confused- does this mean there will be at most 15 photographers there to cover 5 divisions for 3 days? or is it 5 "companies" per division (5x3x5 =75 total (assuming the "media" and sponsor photogs are sticking to the pro/challenger matches and a select few top d1 teams)?

what qualifies you as "media" - was there a secret tryout?

why the combo of high price and exclusivity- why not just cap it and keep the low cost OR raise the cost and not have a cap?
Bring me ETACS or Skull Eflexes - PM Me
WP2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:37 PM #265
rikkter
nVoke Media

rikkter is a founding member
rikkter is a Paintball photographer
rikkter donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by WP2015 View Post
So I'm confused- does this mean there will be at most 15 photographers there to cover 5 divisions for 3 days? or is it 5 "companies" per division (5x3x5 =75 total (assuming the "media" and sponsor photogs are sticking to the pro/challenger matches and a select few top d1 teams)?

what qualifies you as "media" - was there a secret tryout?

why the combo of high price and exclusivity- why not just cap it and keep the low cost OR raise the cost and not have a cap?
5 'Companies' with 2 additional photographers.

So only 15 photographers that are allowed to be hired by players for the entire event, any divisional field.

rikkter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:43 PM #266
DradenPB#10

plays in the NXL
DradenPB#10 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DradenPB#10 plays in the APPA D4 division
DradenPB#10 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Doesn't get more stupid than this. PSP is shooting themselves in the leg, were suppose to promote the sport not restrict it. This season PSP has started to become greedy$$.
DradenPB#10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:48 PM #267
empire112234

The influx of media coverage at PSP events has been one of their strongest advantages in recent years. Presence on social media sites (YouTube videos, Facebook photos, etc.) bolster its reputation as the standard for tournament paintball. I really can't see why limiting this coverage is a smart business move for them, seeing as competitors will likely keep their rates as they are and welcome the wave of promotion.

Beyond that, promoting large market shares for select photographers does not structurally work because of the way games are run. With so many teams playing at the same time, the photographers will have trouble scrambling around to cover as many teams as they can. There is only so much they can do.

Here's the big issue though-- A combination of the increase in costs for media passes and the limitations of the event structure will create an increase in rates for teams-- at least until someone comes along and seizes the whole market with multiple shooters.

Have we forgotten that paintball players are cheaper than dirt? We stay in grimy hotels and eat garbage for all four days. Why would we start shelling out more for pictures?

Last edited by empire112234 : 01-27-2014 at 06:52 PM.
empire112234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:36 PM #268
Angel_Owner_188200
Mod Wanna Be...Gun Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsixsix69 View Post
Its been done before... you think people pay attention to rules that are handed to them... People can't even stay off the pro field if they have a divisional pass.... What makes you think they will follow boundaries once on a field they're not even supposed to be on.

Not that I like the PSP solution to their problem, the solution of boundaries... doesn't work at the moment.
charge photogo 100 for there pass then kick them for violating the rules and see if they do it again..

see how many teams file claims against those photogo because they didn't fulfill their end of the contract, due to them violating a stupid line policy that they didn't need to with their 100-400 lenses, any photog worth a crap will have good lenses, and not just crap lenses...

Last edited by Angel_Owner_188200 : 01-27-2014 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:38 PM #269
BxK Str8shot

Quote:
charge photogo 100 for there pass then kick them for violating the rules and see if they do it again..

see how many teams file claims against those photogo because they didn't fulfill their end of the contract, due to them violating a stupid line policy that they didn't need to with their 100-400 lenses, any photog worth a crap will have good lenses, and not just crap lenses...
They should just add in a net that stands up to about someones waste around the field instead of there being a do not cross line. This way photogs would have to climb over it.
BxK Str8shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:44 PM #270
Angel_Owner_188200
Mod Wanna Be...Gun Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxK Str8shot View Post
They should just add in a net that stands up to about someones waste around the field instead of there being a do not cross line. This way photogs would have to climb over it.
that wont work because a lot of photog and camera guys get low for those great snake/Dorito dives and slides...
Old 01-27-2014, 08:49 PM #271
BxK Str8shot

Quote:
that wont work because a lot of photog and camera guys get low for those great snake/Dorito dives and slides...
then what about just a bar? so they can still get low without anything in their way? It would still give the same result but more visibility
BxK Str8shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:53 PM #272
idontknow2007
Head Shot...

idontknow2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
idontknow2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
idontknow2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
idontknow2007 supports Ninja Paintball

Did you really expect anything different. Damien was the head of Supair, the same company that changes the bunkers every year so fields have to fork out more cash in an already tight financial business.

Why support a league that does not support players, fields or local stores...
idontknow2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:58 PM #273
WP2015
ACL tears are no bueno

WP2015 plays in the PSP
WP2015 is playing at Living Legends VIII
WP2015 is an NCPA player
WP2015 supports Pev's Paintball
WP2015 is Legendary
WP2015 supports Empire
WP2015 is All In
Bring me ETACS or Skull Eflexes - PM Me