PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-14-2001, 10:47 PM #1
Cowboy

has been a member for 10 years
What's the deal with the warp??

What's the difference between the AGD warp and the Pro Team one?? At paintballgear.com they list both, one alot cheaper than the other. What's the difference???
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2001, 10:59 PM #2
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
One uses the agd board, the other uses the proteam board.
Old 06-15-2001, 03:32 AM #3
Scorch

Talking There are several differences....

The short version....

AGD has an internal sensor and a more limited mounting plate. PTP has an external sensor... more wires.

They both have connection kits to fit most markers, but PTP's seems to fit more.

Otherwise they are the same.

I chose the AGD. It works better than I could have hoped for.

I would like the PTP mounting plate.

Scorch
Old 06-18-2001, 11:43 PM #4
Xenon223

two warps, one answer, the both suck. dead serious. they suck. unless you have an emag dont bother, b/c the vibe sensor is a piece or junk and doesnt work on guns that dont kick like a mule.
Old 06-19-2001, 09:30 PM #5
archangel

in case you didn t know ...

there is a sensibility adjustment on the warp s board so you dont have to have a gun that kick like a mule ... I have it installed on my angel and works pretty good for me ...
Old 07-29-2001, 10:30 AM #6
Geydo Dog

warped

isnt AGD for E-mags and PTP makes the kits with the extr sensors for all marks,
I called AGD for one for my angel and they told me to call PTP,
AGD sells there warped feed to them.

I think??????
Old 07-29-2001, 03:39 PM #7
Scorch

Since Angels don't have much vibration...

The shock sensor in the AGD will work but changes as your batteries weaken. You can wire two 9v's together in parallel for longer life and this will generally fix the issue.

The best solution for an Angel is the Interlink. Rob_AGD makes one in a kit. I bet he will sell a ton at ZAP IAO.

I have mine wired thru my intellifeed rail. Pics are on my teams site with a link to Rob's directions. www.stlgraffiti.com/mods.htm

Scorch
Old 08-03-2001, 01:23 AM #8
Terry2562

AGD Warp

I put the AGD warp on my angel and adjusted the sensitivity and it works like a charm without any wires hanging out anywhere... I like the AGD feed hose better than the pro-team...It's a lot more flexible and doesn't crack as easily.... Terry
Old 08-04-2001, 01:28 AM #9
DravenTheShocker
J-Ting

DravenTheShocker is a Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
DravenTheShocker supports DLX Technology
How do you adjust the sensitivity on an AGD Warpfeed?

-Draven
Old 08-04-2001, 09:50 AM #10
Vern1
Timmy - WooHoo!!

Vern1 is a Supporting Member
Vern1 is a founding member
Vern1 helped look for balloons
Just wire it into the Soleniod harness and the vibration sensor is not an issue.
The PTP is more adaptable to more different markers and has a much better sensor.
It also has adapters to replace the Vert feed tubes.
The AGD one fits markers with power feed or straight feeds better - also they must have kick.
The Original Timmy Whisperer
Warranties Voided Expeditiously
Healer of Unicorns
Proud Host of 9 Viper Texas Triple Threat Scenarios
RIP Petty Paintball - www.pettypb.com
Old 08-04-2001, 11:42 AM #11
Terry2562

AGD sensitivity

First I have the bottom 2 jumpers ON for jumper #1...so it's set for positive and sensor (on)... I did this because it said to use it for positive voltage guns OR external sensors... I think you can take off the top one..the positive jumper when using ONLY the internal sensor....but what the heck I left it on and everything works fine.... On jumper #2 I have no jumper in the ON position...giving the wheel max time to spin per activate signal...again I'm sure you can change this to save batteries, but mine works just fine this way....

Okay, now the sensitivity setting:

I gassed up the gun and took the back off of the warp control panel... I turned the blue pot clockwise on the warp board until it started running...then I backed it off counterclockwise until it stopped... Then I started firing the gun and backing the pot off counterclockwise until it wouldn't respond anymore... then moved it clockwise just a little bit... I test fired the gun several times to make sure it would start the warp with each trigger pull... I think I had to move it clockwise a little bit more to make sure it wouldn't miss pulls.... that's it....it works perfectly....

Somethings about the warp you should know.... 1st, when the batteries get low, it stops feeding reliably... 2nd, if you use really out of round or sticky paint, it'll jam sometimes... Mine jams at the top of the output hose where the seperator peels the paint off of the wheel... AGD and Proteam know of this, because they have a different seperator they'll give you if you call up and complain... I haven't found their fix to be worth anything at this point... maybe they'll get something in the future.... I just make sure I use good and fresh paint and it works great!!!

Terry