PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-30-2008, 04:51 PM #1
Nalayah

has been a member for 10 years
Insoles allowed in basic?

I'm currently in the DEP for the USAR, shipping to Relaxin' Jackson in June of next year. I was lucky enough to order my stuff through my unit's supply NCO at the right time, and currently have an ACU and both my hot and cold weather boots. My problem is that they're a bit big on me, and my feet splay out, causing a decent amount of discomfort. This is an absolute ***** at the end of the day when standing in formation at a weekend drill, and I know that basic will consist of much more standing around and walking.

I bought some $25 Michelin orthotic support insoles, though, and they've made a huge difference in comfort. Would I be allowed to wear these while at basic? Or would my DI use them for M16 practice if s/he found them?

1978 Suzuki GS750
2000 Honda CBR 600 F4
Nalayah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2008, 05:19 PM #2
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
They are usually very thorough about fitting boots at basic, and generally have a good selection of sizes/ widths to do so. It is in their best interest to keep you walking, so they will help you find boots that might work better than the ones you have now. They will look at your feet, and if they determine that you need special insoles they will most likely give them to you. Also bring the ones you have.. the worst they can do is make you put them in the big locker with your civilian stuff that you won't see again until you graduate. Make sure to bring up your foot issues when you talk to the doctor at the reception batallion at Jackson. good luck.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:14 PM #3
skydiver101

sorry for the OT post but,i ship to jackson next june to.whens your ship date?mines june 25th.

i dunno if i will actually end up shipping to jackson tho.may be going to ft knox.im trying to get my MOS switched to 19D
skydiver101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:47 AM #4
p8ntball_is_life89

p8ntball_is_life89 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalayah View Post
I'm currently in the DEP for the USAR, shipping to Relaxin' Jackson in June of next year. I was lucky enough to order my stuff through my unit's supply NCO at the right time, and currently have an ACU and both my hot and cold weather boots. My problem is that they're a bit big on me, and my feet splay out, causing a decent amount of discomfort. This is an absolute ***** at the end of the day when standing in formation at a weekend drill, and I know that basic will consist of much more standing around and walking.

I bought some $25 Michelin orthotic support insoles, though, and they've made a huge difference in comfort. Would I be allowed to wear these while at basic? Or would my DI use them for M16 practice if s/he found them?
The **** they issue you prior to going to basic, leave it at home.
They will issue you boots, ACU's everything that you ever will need.
The boots they fit you with at basic they fit. There snug. And they will make sure they keep you walking.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:58 PM #5
xxxarsonist
Tommy Noble

Pay attention to your feet. If you get excessive blisters, or if your boots are too big/small, let people know. While youre in reception, walk around as much as you can in them. I had insoles in mine, and loved mine.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:05 PM #6
pbnoob9988
Everyday Normal Guy

pbnoob9988 supports Cereal Killerz 2
My most favorite boots are my bootcamp issue with the issued foot insoles. Damn those things are ****ing amazing, wish I knew where to buy more, there like 25$ but damn they're nice.
pbnoob9988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:46 PM #7
xxxarsonist
Tommy Noble

I HAVE to replace my issued insols, things kill me.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:57 PM #8
Nalayah

Thanks for the advice . My ship day's the 10th for the guy who asked.

1978 Suzuki GS750
2000 Honda CBR 600 F4
Nalayah is offline   Reply With Quote