Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2010, 04:44 PM #2
xFortune (Banned)

French Foreign Legion.
xFortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:46 PM #3
Ciley Myrus

Just no. Go talk to a ****ing recruiter.
Ciley Myrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:52 PM #4
dack
man *****

has been a member for 10 years
auxiliary coast guard.
dack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:53 PM #5
dot.nation

Congratulations on choosing to become a citizen. Would you like to know more?

My feedback:
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=722679
dot.nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:55 PM #6
Anzrul

College
Anzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:00 PM #7
reddae
Morally Flexible

Marines = highest standards and generally the most bad *** so they can take **** over
Army = biggest and holds down what the Marines take over, usually using them as cannon fodder

I would say go to college and do rotc to become an officer. Much better pay and retirement. However, being an NCO is a lot of fun.
reddae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:03 PM #8
JackH (Banned)

JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Join the Legion like I did. Fight for FRANCE!

JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:09 PM #9
billy1234
pew pew

protip. dont join the military.

RIP Lcpl Barfield Lcpl Daniels Cpl Singer
you will NEVER be forgotten
billy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:13 PM #10
xFortune (Banned)

rofl
xFortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:06 PM #11
The Postman
0311 grunt

The Postman posts videos on PbNation
The Postman supports our troops
The Postman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:21 PM #12
Funkagenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackH View Post
Join the Legion like I did. Fight for FRANCE!

i can see your vagina Lt. Sgt. France.
Funkagenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:03 AM #13
Anzrul

*Warning, if you aren't in the Marines this might piss you off*
I'm in the Marines, I have several friends in the Army. The difference between the two mostly boils down to this: money, training, comraderie.

Money: I have to buy every pair of boots, utilities, ribbons, medals, you get the point. Pretty much what you don't pay for (unless you lose it, and in more way that one) is serialized gear (gear you have to give back to the government). When I was explaining to a Soldier in the airport that I had just spent a small fortune getting new utilities and boots for my next deployment he said, "You have to pay for that stuff. We always just go down to supply and get it." Yes, all military get paid the same, but we all don't get to spend the same.

Training: The Army has a good bit of money to throw around for pretty much anything, this includes training. In the Army you will get the most up to date training that can be provided by our government. However, the Army is much larger than the Marines and trying to get them all on the same training program will not happen. This can cause some problems. But I think the biggest differense is this: because the Marines have to "improvise, adapt, and over come" it prepares us better, since you aren't going to find any "optimal" environment in war. Plus, in the Marines by the time you get overseas the Corps has done such a good job in pissing you off all you want to do is kill somebody. My dad (Vietnam Veteran) said that's actually what the training is intended to do, lol. Marines are ment to fight and that is what you are trained to do. Other differences you will see. The Army will paint "USMC" on there patrol vehicles to avoid taking contact from the enemy, the Marines will wear the Army's brown jump suits on a combat partol to draw enemy contact. This is another of those examples that you will just have to take away what you will from it.

Last we have Comraderie: The comraderie in the Marines is simply better. You might not think much of that right now, but when you have somebody shooting at you and you need to break cover to close with and kill the guy, I bet you'll be more likely to do it if you know that the guy beside you, doing it with you will risk his life to save you if you get hit. You'll find out real quick-like that you also will do the same. I can tell you that this doesn't just go for Marines to each other. Marines will do this to save somebody from any other branch as well. I can't make any claims to know why the Army's comraderie doesn't match our own, just that it doesn't.

I know that this is going to piss some people off, but this is what I have personally seen. For those of you who are upset about what I put up here, don't come and start complaining at me (I'm a junior Marine, my schedule is pretty much full up on those appointments for the next 3 years). Instead take my father's advice: "If you get told you need to fix something, or to do something in general you don't want to to, fix the problem first and then complain about. That way, you can complain and not be the one whose ****ed up."
Old 11-12-2010, 03:29 AM #14
billy1234
pew pew

anzrul, you motivate me.

RIP Lcpl Barfield Lcpl Daniels Cpl Singer
you will NEVER be forgotten
billy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:33 AM #15
Anzrul

Well, motivation is the key element in any United Staes Marine. However, don't take that last post the wrong way. I still vote he goes to college.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:20 AM #16
sHoCkA (Banned)

sHoCkA is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anzrul View Post
*Warning, if you aren't in the Marines this might piss you off*
I'm in the Marines, I have several friends in the Army. The difference between the two mostly boils down to this: money, training, comraderie.

Money: I have to buy every pair of boots, utilities, ribbons, medals, you get the point. Pretty much what you don't pay for (unless you lose it, and in more way that one) is serialized gear (gear you have to give back to the government). When I was explaining to a Soldier in the airport that I had just spent a small fortune getting new utilities and boots for my next deployment he said, "You have to pay for that stuff. We always just go down to supply and get it." Yes, all military get paid the same, but we all don't get to spend the same.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/fy2010paycharts/a/uniformmc.htm
You are given a clothing allowance. I had to pay for certain uniforms/pins/badges as well. You're not the only one, guy.

Training: The Army has a good bit of money to throw around for pretty much anything, this includes training. In the Army you will get the most up to date training that can be provided by our government. However, the Army is much larger than the Marines and trying to get them all on the same training program will not happen. This can cause some problems. But I think the biggest differense is this: because the Marines have to "improvise, adapt, and over come" it prepares us better, since you aren't going to find any "optimal" environment in war. Plus, in the Marines by the time you get overseas the Corps has done such a good job in pissing you off all you want to do is kill somebody. My dad (Vietnam Veteran) said that's actually what the training is intended to do, lol. Marines are ment to fight and that is what you are trained to do. Other differences you will see. The Army will paint "USMC" on there patrol vehicles to avoid taking contact from the enemy, the Marines will wear the Army's brown jump suits on a combat partol to draw enemy contact. This is another of those examples that you will just have to take away what you will from it.

lmao What theater of combat operations have you personally ever seen this take place? Because in my many many months I spent downrange, I never once saw this. Do you honestly think an IED gives a **** what branch you're in? You probably do. How cute.

Last we have Comraderie: The comraderie in the Marines is simply better. You might not think much of that right now, but when you have somebody shooting at you and you need to break cover to close with and kill the guy, I bet you'll be more likely to do it if you know that the guy beside you, doing it with you will risk his life to save you if you get hit. You'll find out real quick-like that you also will do the same. I can tell you that this doesn't just go for Marines to each other. Marines will do this to save somebody from any other branch as well. I can't make any claims to know why the Army's comraderie doesn't match our own, just that it doesn't.

You make me chuckle.

I know that this is going to piss some people off, but this is what I have personally seen. For those of you who are upset about what I put up here, don't come and start complaining at me (I'm a junior Marine, my schedule is pretty much full up on those appointments for the next 3 years). Instead take my father's advice: "If you get told you need to fix something, or to do something in general you don't want to to, fix the problem first and then complain about. That way, you can complain and not be the one whose ****ed up."
So are you a boot/POG/Both?
sHoCkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:31 AM #17
licence2kill
POOP

join the marmy

yes the marmy
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:40 AM #18
Anzrul

Well shocka, first I'm 0311 on year #2. Second, the uniform allowance for any junior Marine (given once a year) is enough to pay for a pair of boots and maybe some PT gear if you get the cheap ****ty boots (surpirised a military Guru like you didn't know that). Next, IEDs are usually an opening for an ambush. The insurgents know that the Marines will fight, and kill them. The part about the Army painting USMC on their partol vehicles and the Marines using the brown jump suits that the Army were using at the time happened in Iraq after Phantom Fury. And last, chuckle away I really don't care.

P.S. Guess you forgot to read that last part I put up.

P.S.S. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2M7ckkxQLU Perception is reality, right? rofl

Last edited by Anzrul : 11-12-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:12 AM #19
reddae
Morally Flexible

THe clothing allowance for the Army is pretty ****ty untill your third year in. Only paid for one pair of boots and some new headgear, unless you buy comfortable boots.

Marines are designed for taking **** over. Army is designed as an occupational force. Kind hard to compare them in reality. I do know that My former platoon sergeant used to be in the marines. I never asked why he left them but I know he missed it. I have been a platoon sergeant for a year and half and one of my soldiers is a former Marine. He told me the other day that in the realm of Army NCO's I was damn good but in grand scheme of things Army NCO's are pretty soft all the way around.

EDIT: Also, I looked in to the french legion too. Those guys have it pretty rough but the training seems tough, you learn french, and you get french citizeship after 3 years. If they pay wasnt so ****ty I would probably go for it just for the experience.
reddae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:26 AM #20
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
Anzrul, keep your boot *** bull**** to yourself dude, nobody here is going to buy it.
If you are on year 2 then you weren't in the **** in Iraq, so maybe don't shoot your mouth off about what you don't know.

Last edited by berserker19 : 11-12-2010 at 07:33 AM.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:34 AM #21
Anzrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker19 View Post
Anzrul, keep your boot *** bull**** to yourself dude, nobody here is going to buy it.
I'm not trying to sell anything. I said up front that this is from my personal experience and that he should go to college over either. I am no boot, so keep the insults to yourself. Next time you decide to come in insulting people, you might want to know them first. Don't call me "dude", and next time you want to complain tell somebody who cares.

And yes, year two. I have family and friends in both services who were in Iraq. You want to call them liars feel free, you might not like their retort.

Last edited by Anzrul : 11-12-2010 at 07:37 AM.