PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-21-2007, 09:45 PM #1
SplatBoy33

local field or homemade?

Ok, so me and my friends have been going to a local field for a while now but have stopped because it is a money hungry building. I have three options.

1.keep playing at the local field and just work my tail off getting money for it (its 20 for admission, and 20 for 500 rounds)

2. Buy a $100 membership and get admission free. (paint stays the same price)

3. Put the money into making our own field with pliwood and such. (only problem is to get enough people to come.)

Thank you
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2007, 09:52 PM #2
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

has been a member for 10 years
Build a field and invite people.

Get a chrono, though. But if you don't like it, buy a membership and deal..paint isn't cheap. Shoot less and it won't be an issue.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:25 PM #3
gunzzzz

gunzzzz helped look for balloons
id make your own field
Old 04-21-2007, 10:33 PM #4
Necrogen98
:D

Necrogen98 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Necrogen98 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Necrogen98 supports Empire
Most fields also provide small discounts for larger quantities of paint, I.E, 1/4 case is $20, 1/2 case is $35, full case is $60. If yours does this, bring a few friends. If you brought 3 friends with you and bought a case splitting the bill, each of you saves $5 on 500 rounds.

You can also make your own field, talk to places like Wal-Mart and Home Depot, etc. about pallets. Most will give them to you free. Also look into old tires, boards, and cable spools.

Ego 9 / DM7 / JOLE Blackout________________Bunker Mafia________________ NotSoLucky

Last edited by Necrogen98 : 04-21-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:35 PM #5
Ion Owner 556
doesnt own an ion

im making my own field.

my moms store has a warehouse and they have plywood, and all the stuff you need to make one

cabel companies will get rid of their spools for free, and pallets are free from behind Lowes

they dont mind that you take the pallets because they pay ppl to take them out for them.

just make sure you ask first about the spools and such

the last field we had we only paid for tarp to cover somethings.

the rest of the field was completely free

God is good. :)
Old 04-21-2007, 10:39 PM #6
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
If you have any desire to get better, playing in your backyard with a friend or two isn't the way to get there. Get a job and earn the money to pay for paintball. It's an expensive sport - get used to it.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:51 PM #7
the_binary_soul
Innocent Bystander

I'm not sure you can just ... make your own field and really get the same experiance you would from your local place. Atleast not unless you are prepard to initially spend more than you would at the local place.

Unless you want to play by yourself of rely on your friends not being busy you'll have to invite people ... and even with friends there are legal and zoning issues to worry about once you go out of your way to actually "make" are field that goes beyond your personal enjoyment. Not to mention that, unfortunately storebought paint isn't THAT much cheaper a lot of the time. I dunno, a private place to play once and awhile is nice but its not the same as going to a commercial field. Air fills become a problem as well ... personally my local shops charge a fair amount for air fills; they don't charge as much as field admission but in a day of play I may fill my tank 2 or 3 times and again just before I leave. So if you have to pay $10 for an air fill (that won't even last your entire case of paint) you've basically lost any money you've saved by not buying field paint.

Look around, there may be more fields near you. Most places will have BYOP nights where admission isn't any more and you can use your own paint (or buy theirs at store prices). Or get your friends to split on paint with you, ask for cases of paint or paint money for x-mas and birthdays.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:19 PM #8
Paint-Theory

membership and get admission I think that would be better. Or thats what i would do.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:06 AM #9
kcfan
Don't steal my Avatar foo

if you have the field i would make your own
Old 04-22-2007, 12:34 AM #10
Ilmac

If you go enough just pay the $100 and suck it up and buy the paint