Community Focus

Old 01-01-2014, 07:46 PM #1
Shocker_Monkey
KCPP

Shocker_Monkey is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Shocker_Monkey supports Ninja Paintball
BT Vest in tan?

So I just received the BT Merck vest that I ordered in tan. I'm concerned that the tan of the vest is too green. Does anyone have pictures of a tan BT vest with tan mag pouches such as the ones from Condor? I'm wondering if I should just go with multicam instead.

Thanks

=======WISCONSIN NAVARONE=======
Shocker_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2014, 01:27 AM #2
scottycms
Pointman

Not sure what your budget looks like but I recommend the valken vtac and you get two desert xam options with ATACS and VCam two diff shades of tan. The tango 2 vest is pretty badazz but depending on your budget the bravo or echo vtac vests are also good. If not that then go for the ATACS cam vest rig set from Full Clip. Full Clip has good options as far as complete molle style customizations and hydration bladder options. But yea I google imaged the bt merc vest in tan and I see what youre saying. Very apparent shade of olive in there. Not sure why. And either ANSgear for.your vtac or you can check out rockstartactical for the Full Clip vest line.
scottycms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:18 AM #3
Shocker_Monkey
KCPP

Thanks scotty. My budget is pretty limited, which is why I bought the BT Merc vest in the first place as ANS had it for $20. I was hoping the tint just looked odd on my monitor and that it would end up being closer to a Coyote.

I don't think V-Tac does mag pouches, but I have looked at their stuff and like what I've seen.

I was looking at the fullclip and condor stuff on Rockstar. So I'll probably be going through them for that stuff.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:28 PM #4
sobersteve323

sobersteve323 is attending Decay of Nations VII
sobersteve323 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocker_Monkey View Post
So I just received the BT Merck vest that I ordered in tan. I'm concerned that the tan of the vest is too green. Does anyone have pictures of a tan BT vest with tan mag pouches such as the ones from Condor? I'm wondering if I should just go with multicam instead.

Thanks
Here's mine with a Condor pouch. When I first got the pouch it was definitely more "brown" than the BT Merc Tan. After about 6 heavy uses and washings some of the color has faded out of the Condor pouch so it's not as dark. When you're out in the sun and it's dirty it's not as noticeable though. I think some of the "green" might have faded from my vest as well.

In any case I was a little shocked at how green the "tan" vest was when I got it.
sobersteve323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:12 PM #5
Shocker_Monkey
KCPP

I guess that's not terrible. Thank you for that picture! Awesome stuff.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:15 AM #6
sobersteve323

Also I don't know what size mag pouches you're looking for but if you're on a budget the knock off ones on eBay work fine for paintball. I picked up some P90 pouches for my TiPX Zetamags and while the spacing isn't exactly molle spec, they work fine for this. Granted it takes 2 weeks to receive them since they're coming overseas so take into account shipping time if you need them asap.

Even though I prefer to buy paintball stuff from a paintball store when possible, sometimes Amazon has cheap pouches, too. But keep an eye out for price fluctuations... this molle battle belt I've been eying goes up and down two or three times a week lol.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:10 AM #7
Shocker_Monkey
KCPP

Dmags. I was looking at the Condor M4/M16 mag pouches. Was thinking 3 on each side with a dump pouch and tank pouch on my back. As well as an admin and radio pouch on the front.

But overall what do you think of the Merc vest? From just messing with it and wearing it around the house it seems like its pretty solidly built.

Old 01-03-2014, 04:47 PM #8
sobersteve323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocker_Monkey View Post
But overall what do you think of the Merc vest? From just messing with it and wearing it around the house it seems like its pretty solidly built.
So far I've been happy with it. I've used it about 6 times, including a weekend long scenario, and functionally it works just like when it was new. Like I mentioned I think the color lightened up a little bit but it could be I just got used to it lol.

Don't see any fraying and nothing is falling apart yet even though I crawl around on my stomach and run through brush when I play. The buttons do like to rust so just a heads up if you get them wet and they don't air dry fully. The hydration pouch is a nice touch and I've used it 3 times with a camel bak bladder. The loop that the camelbak hooks into is kind of "meh" and the bladder will unhook sometimes during play and slide down the pouch but it's just more of an inconvenience than a problem.

The elastic waist band is nice especially if you don't have a duty belt attached to the bottom of the vest. Keeps things nice and snug against your lower back.

Hope it works for you!