jonotwist
MORE ENTHUSIASM

has been a member for 10 years
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends X
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
ive got plety of ideas,

ahem, *imagine danny davitto*
you an me, we can go places,

leave them peasants in the dust, seek our destiny.

"Sometimes it's not whether you win or lose. Sometimes it's how many pages you add to the rulebook."

We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2012, 10:21 AM #44
rjones1213

rjones1213 is an NCPA player
rjones1213 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
This looks very interesting and I'm sure someone out there can make it happen. I think some of the machinist on mcarterbrown would be a good resource for custom markers.
Have you put this up on other sites?

The sleeves/shells in a normal clip is a great idea and seems like they would feed easily. You would just have to have a seal at each end of the breach which it sounds like you already plan on. Ejecting the shell would be the most difficult part of the gun.

SVSU Paintball #14
rjones1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:16 PM #45
pbjosh
In February -

pbjosh is a founding member
pbjosh works for a Paintball manufacturer
Damon,

Sorry, I skipped out - way to much on my plate. That being said, this popped up in the news section:

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3762665

Looks amazing - and with that large of a magazine there is room for a very serious action to load the sniper rounds.

Again, you can RP the plastic parts, sand them down, and build a gun on the inside. With this sized chassis, you could even find a place for air or similar.

I will pop back in when I can, good luck!

Josh

Colin @ Deadly wind: “We need to stay away from each other. You scare me.”

Owner of Patent #7610907: Paintball marker action assembly
pbjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:33 AM #46
Damonwill

Damonwill is a Supporting Member
If it could fire my rounds....I buy it right now!! That looks amazing!!!

I'll investigate if it can be converted. Thanks bud!!!

Damon Williams
www.scenariodreams.com
Damonwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:51 PM #47
Evil_racecocker
Mad Metal Scientist

Evil_racecocker is a Supporting Member
CCM has something they have been slowly working on you might look at:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...le-thread.html
Evil_racecocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:07 AM #48
Damonwill

Holy crap!!! That would be perfect... I'll have to see how close they are to releasing them.... Thanks!!!

Damon Williams
www.scenariodreams.com
Old 03-08-2012, 08:29 AM #49
Damonwill

Well crap.. Looks like its just a single shot. They haven't got the mag version avail... Damn it!!! I'm just going to design my own marker from scratch. No one seems to have something even close currently....

Damon Williams
www.scenariodreams.com
Old 03-09-2012, 12:51 PM #50
Damonwill

After talking to a couple guys, looks like I have a few that are going to help me out with the machining and possibly some design tweaks. Which makes me happy. Although they are very busy so it won't happen as quickly as I'd like, it will happen. As I get parts made and start to assemble, I will post pics... I'm hoping to have it completed in May, but we'll see....

Damon Williams
www.scenariodreams.com
Old 06-18-2012, 11:46 AM #51
dr. j. h. gerbert
Mob Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert.nkemdiche View Post

With an ever changing atmosphere in scenario play the demand for increased feeding and firing rates are in high demand. With markers like the A5 and X7 being very common on most teams, it's easy to understand why you would want to have your custom marker meet the standard of play. We have thousands of customizable options on some of the baddest markers on the fields today. The pictures on this page are not the actual markers that will be shipped to you but more or less they are to let you see the potential these markers are capable of. Take your time, look around and build your very own custom paintball marker to meet your needs and even do a little comparing of markers and upgrade options while your in the store. All the information you need is supplied along with features, technical information, and even pricing. Prices have been slashed to clearance status just in time for the holiday season so don't get left behind check out what we can offer you at unbelievable pricing.
that, sir, was a fantastic bunch of words in a row. So good, in fact, that it earned you the distinct pleasure of me reporting your post >
Old 07-04-2012, 06:57 PM #52
Im a noob 12

Im a noob 12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Im a noob 12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Im a noob 12 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Im a noob 12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Just get a gun that uses first strike rounds, pretty much the same thing.
Im a noob 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:27 AM #53
Damonwill

Im_a_Noob_12, I think your user name is accurate... My rounds are almost twice as long as the first strike. So I can't use a first strike magazine. Its too small...

Damon Williams
www.scenariodreams.com
Old 07-06-2012, 08:35 AM #54
password1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damonwill View Post
Im_a_Noob_12, I think your user name is accurate... My rounds are almost twice as long as the first strike. So I can't use a first strike magazine. Its too small...
I think he meant to say it's less of a hassle to just use first strike rounds.

Do these rounds offer any performance enhancements over first strike rounds?
I'm assuming they do since the DIY assembly puts them at a disadvantage. If there are no advantages, just stop there.

Maybe instead of working on the marker for these, first develop a device that automatically attaches them to the paint... or at least makes that process 10x easier.
password1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:00 PM #55
Damonwill

Cost is the main advantage. These are 1/5th the cost of FS rounds. Performance is exactly the same...

I already have a jig that allows you to create these rounds hands free.. Makes 8 at a time...

Damon Williams
www.scenariodreams.com
Old 07-09-2012, 08:04 AM #56
password1

Quote:
Cost is the main advantage. These are 1/5th the cost of FS rounds. Performance is exactly the same...

I already have a jig that allows you to create these rounds hands free.. Makes 8 at a time...
I can only find reviews claiming the FS rounds have a flatter trajectory with better accuracy, less effected by wind with comparable range.

Have you considered sending some to Punkworks for truly independent testing?

I don't understand the pricing. Are you comparing your ten rounds at $1.50 ($0.15 per minus paint, glue, and shipping) to eight FS rounds at $5.95 ($0.75 per)? Is the jig included in the $1.50?

How long does it take to setup and make the eight? Could you post a video of it being used and/or how it is constructed? Do you have to muzzle load each one or can they be breech loaded like the FS rounds?

Since most people buy FS rounds in higher quantities than eight from places with free shipping, I think any cost benefits these rounds might have are overshadowed by the factors listed above. "1/5th the price" isn't very fair.

Do you offer any price breaks at 100pcs?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:11 AM #57
Damonwill

Yep, I think PunkWorks did a review like 6 months ago...

Yes, I'm comparing $0.15 each vs $0.75 each. And no, the jig is not included for $1.50. I haven't had much interest in the jig. but I'd offer them for anyone interested. Most players just assemble by hand. I can do 6 per minute by hand. So I just sit back with a drink and make some rounds before the game.

Takes about 30 secs to make 8 rounds with the jig. and remember that you can use the field paint. So even fields that don't allow FS should allow these since you are using their paint...

I could make a video if you wanted. But all you do is glue the tails onto the balls. Not really difficult... And yes, you have to muzzle load them unless you have a custom maker like my sniper rifle. And I finally have a machinist that is working on the parts I need for my Magazine loading sniper rifle. Should have it firing in August...

My shipping is $5.95 for any quantity. If you want 10,000 Sniper rounds, its still $5.95 shipping.

Not at 100. I rarely get an order for less than 100. At 1000 we offer a 10% discount.

anything else?

Damon Williams
www.scenariodreams.com
Old 07-09-2012, 02:01 PM #58
password1

Quote:
Yep, I think PunkWorks did a review like 6 months ago...

Yes, I'm comparing $0.15 each vs $0.75 each. And no, the jig is not included for $1.50. I haven't had much interest in the jig. but I'd offer them for anyone interested. Most players just assemble by hand. I can do 6 per minute by hand. So I just sit back with a drink and make some rounds before the game.

Takes about 30 secs to make 8 rounds with the jig. and remember that you can use the field paint. So even fields that don't allow FS should allow these since you are using their paint...

I could make a video if you wanted. But all you do is glue the tails onto the balls. Not really difficult... And yes, you have to muzzle load them unless you have a custom maker like my sniper rifle. And I finally have a machinist that is working on the parts I need for my Magazine loading sniper rifle. Should have it firing in August...

My shipping is $5.95 for any quantity. If you want 10,000 Sniper rounds, its still $5.95 shipping.

Not at 100. I rarely get an order for less than 100. At 1000 we offer a 10% discount.

anything else?
I'll have to look for that test on Punkworks. A video or specs of the jig would be nice. Something as simple as a bunch of holes in a block of wood would probably work well too?

A fair price example...

@ low volume:
First Strike - eight rounds for $5.95 (free shipping). Total: $0.75 per.
Sniper attachments - ten rounds for $1.50 + $5.95 shipping. Total: $0.75 per.

@ 100 rounds:
First Strike - 100 rounds for $39.95 (free shipping). Total: $0.40 per.
Sniper attachments - 100 rounds for $15.00 + $5.95 shipping. Total: $0.21 per.

Although these are a great solution for fields that do not allow the First Strike rounds, I think the price benefit (1/5th the price) over the FS rounds is simply an exaggeration. They are still more than half as much at volumes of 100 and that's before you factor in the price of paint.

To put the comparison simply and fairly..
If you don't mind spending a few minutes gluing these fins on the field, nor mind muzzle loading each one, you can save $19 over the First Strike rounds by purchasing 100 at a time.

I look forward to trying these out.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:30 PM #59
DozerX

Old 10-26-2012, 11:56 AM #60
tim2thousand4

tim2thousand4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tim2thousand4 supports DLX Technology
Check out the DAM