PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-31-2008, 11:50 AM #1
1954 Les Paul

has been a member for 10 years
P90X Fact or fiction

A couple of my friends are trying it out. They say the work outs are hard, and these guys are already in pretty good shape. however I dont really see the tone in thier bodies.

I was just wondering has anyone else tried it, the p90x system looks pretty good but I dont want to waste money and be a jack ***.

Canada is fake

I ate the ate the great VLN mushroom.
"Originally posted by Egoowner42:OP of my-brute tragedy
Ron Paul 23 yr old drug addict loser
Barry Badrinath did his cousin
1954 Les Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2008, 11:52 AM #2
travis2k2rf

travis2k2rf is a Supporting Member
I'm guessing it's similar to Crossfit (http://www.crossfit.com for anyone who is interested), but I really don't know. The commercials obviously make it look pretty effective and I'm sure it could be, but diet is always the biggest factor.

Keep us updated on their progress please, pics would be awesome, however tool-erific that may be.

travis2k2rf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:53 AM #3
karnavorrr

Any workout you have to pay for is most likely ****.

Each time he got through, he was told he needed to give a street address before an ambulance could be sent. "
karnavorrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:34 PM #4
DocR

DocR donated to help Peyton Trent
DocR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DocR supports Team VICIOUS
I've done it. The workouts work and are pretty hardcore stuff. Diet is a big factor if you want to get ripped like the people they are showing but for general fitness and strength you can't go wrong with that program.

And for the moron that said if you have to pay for it its ****. You're a moron. Do you have a job? Do you get paid for said job?
DocR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:46 PM #5
karnavorrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocR View Post
I've done it. The workouts work and are pretty hardcore stuff. Diet is a big factor if you want to get ripped like the people they are showing but for general fitness and strength you can't go wrong with that program.

And for the moron that said if you have to pay for it its ****. You're a moron. Do you have a job? Do you get paid for said job?

Each time he got through, he was told he needed to give a street address before an ambulance could be sent. "
karnavorrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:14 PM #6
kjjm4
Liberty or Death

kjjm4 is a founding member
kjjm4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kjjm4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I know nothing about it, but I'm going to say the workout probably works, but it isn't anything you need to pay for. There's lots of solid diet and fitness information that you can get for free.
“A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
-Thomas Jefferson
kjjm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:22 PM #7
travis2k2rf

travis2k2rf is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjm4 View Post
I know nothing about it, but I'm going to say the workout probably works, but it isn't anything you need to pay for. There's lots of solid diet and fitness information that you can get for free.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnavorrr View Post
Any workout you have to pay for is most likely ****.
Not necessarily, it just means you're a sucker.

travis2k2rf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:23 PM #8
Harvolev

I have the p90X, amazing system, but you should be in good shape before you start. this program is best for those adding that extra muscle and burning the last bit of fat off. Very intense program, 6-7 days a week with 1 hr a day.

You can use this program if you're not already in great shape, but don't expect to be able to last through all the work outs. You should be able to do at least 8 chin ups 10 push ups at one time before starting this program.

-Also, didn't pay for it, i got it for free.

I have also developed a great paintball specific workout program for the off season and on season.
Harvolev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:13 PM #9
nwestpballer
RugbyDept.com

It looks pretty brutal to me and if you're keeping a high level of aerobic and anaerobic activity going with a decent diet then you're going to lose bf. The biggest thing is consistency.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:38 PM #10
The Villain

If you can do it legit i can see it working....but these fat house wifes and donut eater dads probably can not do a single pullup....so there goes 1/3 of the system from the start. Not to mention that people will not being willing to and strong enough to bust their *** so they will drop reps and pause the DVD every 5 minutes further killing the idea. I also see most people not sticking to any real diet or even the one provided...3 strikes and your out.
The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote