PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-02-2010, 08:49 PM #22
seminolejoe

has been a member for 10 years
seminolejoe is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Did 280 make a field outside or is it still just indoor? Gonna be a small field for 5man if they didn't.
Proud G6R Owner
seminolejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2010, 10:14 PM #23
Tornado Alley
TornadoAlleyPaintball.com

Tornado Alley is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotahb_21 View Post
Do we get our series prizes at the first event?
Yes

Old Nation Feedback
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1595826
Tornado Alley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:16 PM #24
Tornado Alley
TornadoAlleyPaintball.com

Tornado Alley is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by seminolejoe View Post
Did 280 make a field outside or is it still just indoor? Gonna be a small field for 5man if they didn't.
Indoors. It's the first week in Feb it's gonna be cold.

Old Nation Feedback
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1595826
Tornado Alley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:23 AM #25
turdnugget37

turdnugget37 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesparider View Post

And then there's the fact that one of the events will be in Joplin. We attended an event there and wasn't impressed by the staff or the logistics of the tournament. It was a fiasco at best.. Reffing was adequate but lacked enforcement of rules and regulations.. Event catered to local teams and eligibilty for levels was not enforced.. None of my money will ever see Paintball Ridge AGAIN....

I am so sick of seeing people ***** about this event....The reffing was superb... Teams are just pissed cause we actually assessed penalties..... Not one team there knows what it is like to play in top notch event.... 100 percent of that reffing crew has played PSP, NPPL, CFOA, and Vicious Events....Therefore we have encountered and been assessed with penalties..... So we are not scared to hand them out..... We will not stand by in a daze while a player cheats..... we will watch them.... then penalize them... There was nothing excessive about our penalty calls......

I cant wait for this season... the number one complaining team about this event claims to be playing vicious series....penalty train coming in full steam...

Notice you did not see the top two or three teams on here complaining....They got penalties just like the rest...

Edit: Maybe you were not talking about the MPS event last season.... If not I appologize.... if so...re-read the rant....

Last edited by turdnugget37 : 12-03-2010 at 12:29 AM.
turdnugget37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:24 AM #26
turdnugget37

turdnugget37 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado Alley View Post
Indoors. It's the first week in Feb it's gonna be cold.
5MAN? Indoor? 220?
Gonna be a murderfest on that little field.....
turdnugget37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:21 AM #27
280paintball

We play 5 man on the field every single weekend with always a good turnout, is it the same as a full size field? no, but its not crazy at all. Also I think part of the MPS putting an indoor event on the series is to switch things up and spread out the events more.

Indoor and Outdoor Paintball
280paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:30 AM #28
m. buck
2/8/11

m. buck plays in the PSP
m. buck supports Team VICIOUS
m. buck plays in the APPA D5 division
so how will the race 2 work. cont games, or what?
m. buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:38 AM #29
IJustBunkeredU
Gingerlicious

IJustBunkeredU supports Team VICIOUS
IJustBunkeredU plays in the APPA D4 division
I did not play the Joplin event but was down there to watch another squad play and help out. I thought that the reffing at Joplin was good. They accessed penalties when you deserved to get penalties.

If Chipotle could sponsor my life I would be complete.
IJustBunkeredU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:43 AM #30
vesparider

vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdnugget37 View Post
I am so sick of seeing people ***** about this event....The reffing was superb... Teams are just pissed cause we actually assessed penalties..... Not one team there knows what it is like to play in top notch event.... 100 percent of that reffing crew has played PSP, NPPL, CFOA, and Vicious Events....Therefore we have encountered and been assessed with penalties..... So we are not scared to hand them out..... We will not stand by in a daze while a player cheats..... we will watch them.... then penalize them... There was nothing excessive about our penalty calls......

I cant wait for this season... the number one complaining team about this event claims to be playing vicious series....penalty train coming in full steam...

Notice you did not see the top two or three teams on here complaining....They got penalties just like the rest...

Edit: Maybe you were not talking about the MPS event last season.... If not I appologize.... if so...re-read the rant....
It wasn't an MPS Event.. The MPS events I've watched have been fine as far as officiating went. I was refferring to a beginner event held in Joplin where L2 Players were in a beginner tournament railing on 12 year olds. Then the staff accosted me for pointing it out.... The boys will not play a series that includes that particular field.

It did come to my attention that there were discrepancies at the last Elite Tournament where there were sandbaggers with nat. experience playing with rules otherwise..
Old 12-03-2010, 12:05 PM #31
kansasassassin
New Orleans Warped Army

plays in the NXL
kansasassassin is playing at Living Legends VI
kansasassassin owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
kansasassassin owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
It wasn't an MPS Event.. The MPS events I've watched have been fine as far as officiating went. I was refferring to a beginner event held in Joplin where L2 Players were in a beginner tournament railing on 12 year olds. Then the staff accosted me for pointing it out.... The boys will not play a series that includes that particular field.

It did come to my attention that there were discrepancies at the last Elite Tournament where there were sandbaggers with nat. experience playing with rules otherwise..
Yes there were some discrepancies about the Rookie 3man at the Elite Tournament. But to those that did have a problem have approached me and i did explain to them what the rules specifically stated. And once i did they did understand that the team they had complaints about was following the rules.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:12 PM #32
wM_Pity
Washed Up & No Skills ^^^

wM_Pity plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
wM_Pity plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Not one team there knows what it is like to play in top notch event.... 100 percent of that reffing crew has played PSP, NPPL, CFOA, and Vicious Events
we know what it is like to play in top notch events, and we did not complain about the reffing, actually i'm positive that we complemented you.

Last edited by wM_Pity : 12-03-2010 at 12:14 PM.
wM_Pity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:58 PM #33
m. buck
2/8/11

m. buck plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 280paintball View Post
We play 5 man on the field every single weekend with always a good turnout, is it the same as a full size field? no, but its not crazy at all. Also I think part of the MPS putting an indoor event on the series is to switch things up and spread out the events more.
where will all the teams stage? mps wants 15 teams min, i hope people love sitting shoulder to shoulder, then laying on peoples laps
Old 12-03-2010, 07:13 PM #34
Tim@Kick'n
Kick'n Paintball Park

plays in the NXL
Tim@Kick'n plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:

I know what event you are talking about. Not one ref that reffed the mps event reffed that one. Sad to hear that one bad encounter ruined your thoughts on the ridge. It's a top noch field and has great people running it. If more fields would follow by example it would be a better world. Lol

--GI SPORTZ--EXALT--V FORCE--PLANET ECLIPSE--
--CJ's PAINTBALL PARK--COUSINS PAINTBALL DALLAS--
--COMANCHE BADLANDS--PRO EDGE PAINTBALL--
KICK'N PAINTBALL PARK
Tim@Kick'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:16 PM #35
Tim@Kick'n
Kick'n Paintball Park

plays in the NXL
Tim@Kick'n plays in the APPA D1 division
Oooooo wait are you the guy who they banned cause you walked up to guys after games like you were going to throw down? I think theres some on youtube. Cause if you are, none of your posts matter.

--GI SPORTZ--EXALT--V FORCE--PLANET ECLIPSE--
--CJ's PAINTBALL PARK--COUSINS PAINTBALL DALLAS--
--COMANCHE BADLANDS--PRO EDGE PAINTBALL--
KICK'N PAINTBALL PARK
Tim@Kick'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:40 PM #36
DBM-Todd
Deadbox Mafia

DBM-Todd plays in the PSP
DBM-Todd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DBM-Todd plays in the APPA D4 division
DBM-Todd has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
No oklahoma events
DBM-Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:46 PM #37
Matte

Vicous to the North Avid to the South and a Wichita Series in between. Good luck this year guys I hope it works for you.
Matte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:26 AM #38
m. buck
2/8/11

m. buck plays in the PSP
how will the race 2 work? is it just best 2 out of 3 or a actually race 2
Old 12-04-2010, 09:33 AM #39
kansasassassin
New Orleans Warped Army

plays in the NXL
kansasassassin is playing at Living Legends VI
kansasassassin owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
kansasassassin owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM-Todd View Post
No oklahoma events
MPS didnt do an event in Oklahoma because Oklahoma has the avid series, and ryan is doing a good job running those events down there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matte View Post
Vicous to the North Avid to the South and a Wichita Series in between. Good luck this year guys I hope it works for you.
Yep there are a lot of good series around. And it will be interesting to see what you come up with Matte for a wichita series. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m. buck View Post
how will the race 2 work? is it just best 2 out of 3 or a actually race 2
Buck im pretty sure it is best 2 0f 3 format, kind of like what avid did last year or what PSP does for 5man. But i could be wrong.

Last edited by kansasassassin : 12-04-2010 at 09:36 AM.
kansasassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:59 PM #40
vesparider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim@Kick'n View Post
Oooooo wait are you the guy who they banned cause you walked up to guys after games like you were going to throw down? I think theres some on youtube. Cause if you are, none of your posts matter.
HaHa. Thats funny cause all that was said was awesome game. The video doesn't have any sound on the field so it doesn't show what really happened.. Only speculation on your part. BTW, What was MilkSteak or Virus doing at a beginner tournament. Thats right Sandbagging... LOL
I don't play. I Only have 1 good leg. I wouldn't do very well in a throw down. Unless it was Bobby Flay then I'd whoop him with pancakes. The Joplin staff can only TRY to defend their actions. It was apparent they didn't follow their own rules.

Last edited by vesparider : 12-04-2010 at 01:03 PM.
vesparider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:11 PM #41
vesparider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasassassin View Post
Yes there were some discrepancies about the Rookie 3man at the Elite Tournament. But to those that did have a problem have approached me and i did explain to them what the rules specifically stated. And once i did they did understand that the team they had complaints about was following the rules.
Ooops sorry. My Bad. I thought Cup was a National Tournament.

(Cannot have played a national ever!!!)

We discussed the beginner only, thats where my focus was. We agreed on the outcome for that level and I am not complaining with the descrepency at that level.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:39 PM #42
Matte

Jake we do a series almost every Year and we always have teams some years more some years less and still hold the record with 64 teams playing all on the same day.

I honestly thought the MPS was a dead series, most of the fields that supported them in the past were not happy with how things were managed last year. I am not surprised they didnt ask any of us to participate in the series this year as we were all unhappy.

For me as a field owner it has to make financial sense and if I didnt have rec-ball and groups the same day as the MPS it would have been a loss. Kee will charge you shipping both ways so be ready to pay $200 for a skid of unused paint to get shipped back to Kee they will also upcharge you on paint $5 more than if you were to purchase it on your own.

There is no sarcasim in the good luck. I mean good luck as we have alot of teams that love to play alot of events the more the marrier...
Matte is offline   Reply With Quote