PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 02:19 AM #1
PaintballNineFiveOne

Issue w/ Sean Walker @ Jungle Islands "Complex" 3/28/10

Just to give a quick briefing about what I am going to discuss, the "Complex" at Jungle Island in Lake Elsinore had a tournament today for free entry to NPPL Huntington Beach. Sean Walker has once again, proved to be immoral and display nothing but improper business ethics and disgrace to the paintball community.

Tournament held today - http://www.paintball-blog.allpaintba...ournament.html

Alright, so here is the issue that arose, I'll try to keep it sweet and simple as I also hate reading a lot of stuff.. With that said..

- Only two teams showed up to this event, yes that's correct two. The winner out of the two teams gets free entry to Huntington Beach. A total of six games was supposed to be played with field purchased paint and the roster was to be of d3/d2 status. Meaning two division2 players allowed on the roster at max. With that said, the games began as no ID's were checked or any sort of verification at all asked for. Half way through the games (We were now playing 10 instead of six, I have no idea why) the score was 4-2. At which point we noticed "Robbie Pettinelli" from such teams as Russian Legion, Aftermath, and Balitimore Trauma, gearing up and ready to play. It just so happens that he was playing the previous games, all that which the other team had lost. However, since they lost two in a row, they decided to put Robbi back in the game. Now I'm not saying Robbi shot all seven people by all means but having the communication skills and knowledge of a pro player on the field and playing in the game is different then having him give you advice or tell you a strategy for the game then walking off the field. Anyhow, once he plays, sure enough the other team gets rolled, the team I was playing with. As soon as we noticed who this guy was (Robbi was wearing an old jt/wgp jersey with some other guys name on it) We talked to the field staff/ person in charge of operations. Both team captains met to discuss the matter and the captain of Robbi's team admitted to "Knowing they had an illegal roster going into the event." With that said, from my understanding, they had the intent of cheating and were more then successful in doing so. The staff of the event agreed and said he will call Sean Walker to see what shall come of the situation. Sean then pretty much literally stated that it didn't matter and just play best of 3 now and start from scratch. Robbie Pettinelli also informed us that he was told it was quote "ok to play the event from Sean Walker." The complex had a deal with NPPL to give a free entry in return for letting the referees get a feel for the layout. On top of an illegal roster, the team (individuals from Sean Walkers Camp Pendelton Paintball Park) were not even shooting "orange" event paint. All 100% of them had blue fill premium and not the orange XO paint that was sold and being advertised. After the legitimate team who actually paid for entry and bought field paint as the rules stated, Sean now had the nerve to tell them to take it or leave it. We (the team who is getting BS'd) wanted to leave asking for more then nothing but our entry fee back as we were upset of the outcome and didn't want to continue with play as we didn't have enough paint and were low on funds to purchase more. Also, we obviously didn't agree with Sean's ruling as he stated that it "doesn't matter that they have an illegal roster, they still aren't disqualified". As he said the NPPL rulebook said so. That's very odd I thought, here the NPPL Rulebook states something that I though was of relevance..

- 23.08 Disqualification plus Forfeiture. A team will be disqualified from an NPPL Super 7 World Series tournament and will forfeit all points from the tournament to respective opposing teams for the following Rules violations:
(1) Prohibited Player. Playing with a prohibited player (due to the player not appearing on the roster, appearance on another team’s roster, suspension or other ineligibility).

Also, another one for paint that's not of much importance but just for fun

- 23.06 One-Year Suspension. Any player or team that violates Rule 21.07 shall be prohibited from competing in any NPPL tournament for a period of up to one year from the date of the infraction. Examples of rules violations likely to lead to civil or criminal exposure include, but are not limited to the use of Prohibited Paint, velocity violations, and verbal or physical abuse.

Anyways, since they weren't going to give us our money back, we were forced to play after we thought we had an agreement out of Robbi Pettinelli's mouth saying that they don't care who wins and we will be awarded free entry to HB as long as we stay and practice them because they drove up here (from Sean's Camp Pendelton Park) just to scrimmage us. After Robbi's team got caught riding dirty, they went back on there word and we lost the first 2 games which led to us losing the event. Although Robbi didn't play as he was now "informed" of the rules, these games shouldn't have even have been played and were only done since we were given a "all or nothing" situation.

There is so much more to say but typing and reading on the internet isn't something I enjoy as I'm sure you do as well. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to post up and I will respond promptly. With this said,

Sean Walker, you are a shady individual that most have come to not respect in the Paintball community. Your business ethics is unethical and you have constantly proven to create huge upsets for many people whether big or small. I feel it's very unfortunate for the paintball community to have such an individual as you represent a big role in the industry. You have again and again showed your are incapable of such a task and ultimately only hurting our sport. If you at all had a heart, sole, or ethical business practices, you would have done what was right instead of lying and swindling the legitimate team. With that said, trying to be polite as possible, PLEASE GO DRINK SOME BLEACH AND DO EVERYONE A FAVOR.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2010, 02:20 AM #2
PaintballNineFiveOne

2010 NPPL Rulebook - http://www.uspl.tv/documents/NPPLRulebook2010Final.pdf

Also, Mods, if anything at all needs to be adjusted or changed for whatever reasons, please inform me or alter the post as necessary, thanks.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:41 AM #3
310baller

has been a member for 10 years
310baller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
310baller plays in the APPA D4 division
I would unstaked the bunkers and taken off with them in return.. Sucks, Hope everything works out for you.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:44 AM #4
krewkillaspanky
9K Racing

I think you should talk to Gunny, maybe he can help.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:50 AM #5
TheECP
Less QQ more Pew Pew.

TheECP plays in the APPA D4 division
I thought I saw him talking somewhat angrily on the phone today. That really sucks man...
Old 03-29-2010, 04:07 AM #6
eyeownyu
ryan

eyeownyu plays in the APPA D4 division
this really sucks. what little respect that was left in me for shawn walker is now gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballNineFiveOne View Post

Sean Walker, you are a shady individual that most have come to not respect in the Paintball community. Your business ethics is unethical and you have constantly proven to create huge upsets for many people whether big or small. I feel it's very unfortunate for the paintball community to have such an individual as you represent a big role in the industry. You have again and again showed your are incapable of such a task and ultimately only hurting our sport. If you at all had a heart, sole, or ethical business practices, you would have done what was right instead of lying and swindling the legitimate team.
pretty much sums up everything

"It's the decisions you make when you have no time to make them that defines who you are." ~ teh_masterer
Only after disaster can we be resurrected. ~Tyler Durden
San Diego Pirates
VSB.

Last edited by eyeownyu : 03-29-2010 at 04:11 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:13 PM #7
M!ke420 (Banned)

damn 2 teams? wow
Old 03-29-2010, 01:35 PM #8
sdhotshots

sdhotshots owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Thats a bummer. Im sorry to hear. I play at camp pendleton and shawn is always hooken it up and maken paintball fun to play. I definitly think you guys shoulda got your refund back. IMO

Last edited by sdhotshots : 03-30-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:17 PM #9
Adam05
Blatant

Adam05 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Adam05 supports Team VICIOUS
yah im trying to get my money back now well see what happens.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:10 PM #10
Babyspice7
Come at me bro!

Babyspice7 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Babyspice7 supports Team VICIOUS
Babyspice7 is for the Gunfight
Sad that he bought out Gecko... But mayb it'll be CP style worthy

Temporary Free Agent. D3 or D2. Get at me!
Old 03-29-2010, 03:34 PM #11
southbaykilla
EC

Contact NPPL and advise them of the situation. Also boycott Jungle Island until they make it right.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:19 PM #12
Adam05
Blatant

Adam05 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Adam05 supports Team VICIOUS
and the team we played against didnt even pay an entry fee. They already had a spot at HB NPPL, they were just there to make sure another team did not win so Sean would not have to give us a spot at HB. It was fixed from the very beginning.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:23 PM #13
Danny138Von
Danny Bergman

Danny138Von plays in the PSP
Danny138Von plays in the APPA D2 division
Old 03-29-2010, 04:32 PM #14
dimpleD
GoForBroke

dimpleD is a Supporting Member
Yeah, definitely rigged if not extremely shady. Robbie P works at Camp P for Sean. lol

If Sean Walker wants to redeem himself in anyway, he would do what's right and give these boys there entry to HB, anyone else agree??

Old Feedback
Old 03-29-2010, 05:50 PM #15
TheDiesel
Formerly DieselPhotos

TheDiesel is a Paintball photographer
TheDiesel posts videos on PbNation
TheDiesel supports our troops
TheDiesel is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimpleD View Post

If Sean Walker wants to redeem himself in anyway, he would do what's right and give these boys there entry to HB, anyone else agree??
and get the Hell out of Paintball.
Looking for Event/Practice Photos? Like my FB Page for the gallery announcements.

Feedback
Old 03-29-2010, 08:22 PM #16
fooman16

fugged

To Be Honest, I Dont See The Nppl Not Taking Some Kind Of Action Once Informed Of This, If Any Of You Involved Have Not Yet Informed Them I Suggest You Do So Asap, Especially The Part About The Other Team Already Having A Spot At Hb, At The End Of The Day Paintball Is Still A Business And This Is Obviously Foul Play. The Fact That The Nppl Is Affiliated With Sean And His Complex Would Some What Demand Some Sort Of Action, Expecially Since Their Own Rules Werent Inforced At The Event, Its On You Whether Or Not He Walks Alway From This, And How You Choose To Persue It, At The Very Least You Have A Valid Claim In Small Claims Court.....**** Take Him To Judge Judy Lol

LONG LIVE SC VILLAGE STREETBALL

my feedback
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=901929
Check out the new, top secret underground HK Army / Hostile Kids forum on PbNation! (Click Here)
Old 03-29-2010, 09:17 PM #17
theycallmebacon

wow.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:22 PM #18
oomay

oomay plays in the USPL
oomay plays in the PSP
oomay plays in the APPA D4 division
man this is messed up, hopefully this gets fixed asap
LUXE#1619
Old 03-30-2010, 12:57 AM #19
SCM

SCM is a founding member
I see paintball is as bad as ever. You probably could sue him and win if you can prove what you say, but it would cost you more then you would get back.

The Jungle already has a bad rep. Stuff like this isn't going to help them out.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:04 AM #20
Hobbyhorse
Sweep the leg Johnny

Hobbyhorse is a Supporting Member
Hobbyhorse is a founding member
Hobbyhorse supports Bob Gurnsey
Hobbyhorse supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballNineFiveOne View Post
2010 NPPL Rulebook - http://www.uspl.tv/documents/NPPLRulebook2010Final.pdf

Also, Mods, if anything at all needs to be adjusted or changed for whatever reasons, please inform me or alter the post as necessary, thanks.
Why create an alias for your post- why not post your real name and be accountable for your post?

If you don't have the stones to post behind who you actually are why should we let a thread like this live?

Please don't take this as me standing up for any of the parties involved at all, but what are people to think about a new name etc. Cancel the check/dispute the charge with your credit card company and don't support the field or the promoter of the event.

"When you are arguing with an idiot on the internet make sure the other person isn't doing the same thing!"

more sunsets in my future than sunrises.

Last edited by Hobbyhorse : 03-30-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:07 AM #21
M!ke420 (Banned)

Because people are scared...Its most likely someone on the losing team.

hahaha...
Closed Thread