PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-28-2014, 07:03 AM #1
surge101
word

surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
Can someone give me some info on the Impulse?

I haven't played in a couple years and i've been looking to get back into the game.

IIRC the impulse was released just last year? and for $1050?
I see them going for relatively cheap on BST. I've always liked the look and feel of the marker, but i've never shot one.

Is there something wrong with them? Constant issues?
Is it even still in production?
surge101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2014, 08:24 AM #2
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
It's my favorite stacked tube poppet of all time. Check out the review section along with the posts in this section. There's plenty of info there for you. The drop in value has nothing to do with the performance and quality of the marker itself.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:48 AM #3
happykillmore19
Travelin Man

happykillmore19 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
happykillmore19 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
happykillmore19 supports Empire
the drop in price has more to do with the fact that it has a JT badge on it

if this was branded with the empire logo like it should of been then i don't think you'd see them for selling for 4-500 already

granted i benefitted from this because i got a great deal on mine

wish i had something to complain about

its a work horse and shoots fantastic. A lot of people at my local field love it but i am constantly asked why i bought one

the hipster in me doesn't wanna shoot what everyone else is shooting i guess

you won't regret picking one up
happykillmore19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:43 PM #4
Twaltz628
newb for 8 yrs & counting

Annual Supporting Member
Twaltz628 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 supports Empire
Not to mention, the retail was $1050 but is now $899. I think this is to help it compete with the ego 11 at $895. You'll see that the people who have them, love them; and the people who don't have them, are judging the JT badge.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:17 PM #5
naxalite

naxalite owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
naxalite owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
naxalite supports Empire
Now is at 599 at ansgear, new price drop, get it while it's in stock, I have an LV1, and I mainly use the Impulse, great marker at a great price

http://www.ansgear.com/JT_Impulse_s/4129.htm

Last edited by naxalite : 07-28-2014 at 09:31 PM.
naxalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:32 AM #6
Twaltz628
newb for 8 yrs & counting

Annual Supporting Member
Twaltz628 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by naxalite View Post
Now is at 599 at ansgear, new price drop, get it while it's in stock, I have an LV1, and I mainly use the Impulse, great marker at a great price

http://www.ansgear.com/JT_Impulse_s/4129.htm
Wow! I can't believe they dropped it that low. That's what I paid for mine used 4 months ago. That's an amazing price considering it shoots like a $1000 gun anyway. Must be trying to move them. Its gonna kill resale but I don't care. Don't plan on selling mine. But this marker is significantly the most bang for the buck now.

Wth was kee thinking when they marketed this as a JT gun. Seriously, wtf

Last edited by Twaltz628 : 07-29-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Twaltz628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:18 AM #7
surge101
word

So i'm guessing this price drop would indicate the marker going out of production? Or has it already?
Old 07-29-2014, 05:38 AM #8
BP0019
Hooligans Paintball

BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BP0019 plays in the APPA D4 division
BP0019 supports Empire
BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twaltz628 View Post
Wth was kee thinking when they marketed this as a JT gun. Seriously, wtf
I completely agree. This gun should have been priced in the $750 range to start with simply because the JT name. JT made good products years ago but people weren't exactly chomping at the bit to shoot a JT gun. This gun marketed originally at $750 or with the Empire name at $1050 would have been killer. Let's face it, the same thing is true in paintball as in everything else and that is that brand matters. It is a status symbol and people just aren't that interested in a JT gun.

A neat little social experiment would have been for a company to release a marker exactly like the GSL limited supply and everything but change the wording of its features and market it under a not so well known name or something and see how well it sells. Then two months down the road PE actually release the GSL. We all know how that ended up. I am one of those sheep that bought a GSL and love it. The first gun I bought new. I was willing to pay for it because it had a name I know and respect.

I am actually looking to pick one up now that the price has dropped. Someone will be wanting to part with theirs for cheap before price drops more and it seems like a great shooter. I still wish they would have just reworked the 09 Impulse. I wanted one of those so bad. Then SP went under.
Vypr GSL #658

Last edited by BP0019 : 07-29-2014 at 05:43 AM.
BP0019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:10 AM #9
surge101
word

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP0019 View Post
I completely agree. This gun should have been priced in the $750 range to start with simply because the JT name. JT made good products years ago but people weren't exactly chomping at the bit to shoot a JT gun. This gun marketed originally at $750 or with the Empire name at $1050 would have been killer. Let's face it, the same thing is true in paintball as in everything else and that is that brand matters. It is a status symbol and people just aren't that interested in a JT gun.

A neat little social experiment would have been for a company to release a marker exactly like the GSL limited supply and everything but change the wording of its features and market it under a not so well known name or something and see how well it sells. Then two months down the road PE actually release the GSL. We all know how that ended up. I am one of those sheep that bought a GSL and love it. The first gun I bought new. I was willing to pay for it because it had a name I know and respect.

I am actually looking to pick one up now that the price has dropped. Someone will be wanting to part with theirs for cheap before price drops more and it seems like a great shooter. I still wish they would have just reworked the 09 Impulse. I wanted one of those so bad. Then SP went under.
I've always tried the not as popular brands, so this is no problem with me in buying JT. Especially since I know JT isn't just some cheap brand, it's just one of the names in a big paintball family tree that has some great products. Hell, technically, Kee could have thrown the thing under Diablo, couldn't they? Regardless of what name it's under its still the same marker, and if people say it shoots the same if not better than LV1's i'm interested. I was definitely thinking of buying used since I could get it for less than half the $1050 price, but now with the drop to $599, maybe i'll get it new? Or maybe i'll be able to snag one used for under 400 bucks easy now and the marker is only over a year old and has $1000+ performance? My concern now though is with all the price drops, is the marker being discontinued? And if it is, does that mean it will be hard to get parts/have it serviced when needed? This will be my main shooter if I get it.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:35 AM #10
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
It's a KEE/Empire marker. Parts will be available forever.

That's now the best deal in paintball. It's literally one of the best markers I've ever used, let alone owned, in the 16 years I've been playing. At $599 it's an absolute steal.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:45 AM #11
BP0019
Hooligans Paintball

BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BP0019 plays in the APPA D4 division
BP0019 supports Empire
BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
It's definitely the best on the market at that price point new hands down. I don't think parts will be a problem either. As mentioned. KEE is still in business they just may not choose to continue producing the marker as a whole or they may still produce it just at the $599 price point since they didn't take off. Consistently selling markers at $599 is better than rarely selling markers at $1000
Vypr GSL #658
BP0019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:58 AM #12
DelawarePballer1987

DelawarePballer1987 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
One of the best guns I have shot in a long time!
love it!!!
DelawarePballer1987 is offline   Reply With Quote