ReplyRegional Ups

Old 06-12-2013, 12:48 PM #1
Kirko017

Kirko017 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Kirko017 posts videos on PbNation
Kirko017 is an NCPA player
Chicago Natives Recommendations

Going to PSP Chicago and I am looking for things to see/do. Also any good places to eat at.

I have been to Chicago once before. I already visited Willis Tower, Millennium Park, Buckingham Fountain, Stopped in a couple stores on N Michigan Ave for a little bit. Road on the L Train.
Those were all great to see but looking for some other cool **** to do in Chicago.

Also hear Chicago has great food and I want to eat something awesome, didn't know where to go eat when I went the first time.

Also would like to try out a fancy restaurant one night with my girlfriend. Something not way too expensive but is more fancy than the glorious Olive Garden.

Obviously I have been using google and it is a huge help, have a lot of ideas, but I would like to hear some opinions of the locals as well

Any and all help appreciated!
Kirko017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2013, 01:06 PM #2
falz-

I'm playing Chicago, live in the city, and also work in the hospitality industry.

What do you want to know?

(FYI, CPX is in average traffic, and hour drive one way)
falz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:14 PM #3
falz-

falz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:15 PM #4
Mack99
Fury #55

Mack99 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Mack99 plays in the APPA D3 division
Mack99 supports DLX Technology
Give us a price range for your fancy night out with the gf. There's all sorts of great spots depending on what you want to spend and what you hope to get from the place (small and intimate? Live jazz overlooking Michigan ave? Cheap but world famous?). And if you're both 21+ there are some great bars, nightclubs, microbreweries that we can all recommend. And how far are you willing to drive from Joliet?

Bráithreachas roimh gach uile ní
RIP Brian Carey
Homewood FD
Last Alarm 3-30-10
Mack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:17 PM #5
AkumaMax

Well if you are a foodie check out a place called Gene & Judes Hot Dogs in River Grove, IL. Located on the corner of Grand and River Road. Voted number 1 Hot Dog in the country! Also any Deep dish pizza place. I prefer Due's downtown chicago, or Lou malnati's. Also check out Nuketown out in East Dundee at Paintball Explosion. Awesome Field and awesome place for any Paintballer!
P90/Ion(L7 V2 Bolt & Fly on detents) Deadlywind CF barrel w/689 freak insert, Red/Green Dot, Laser & Flashlight, Pinokio Hopper(smoke)P-Board Upgrade!, Ninja 90/4500 Tank, Straight Ninja Remote Line with Quick Disconnect and slide check, JT Flex 8 Mask, Winter Urban Camo uniform, 6+1 Valken Pack with Pinokio 180rd pods, Contour +2 Camera(helmet mount). NUFF SAID!

Whats up with wearing the Winter Camo?
It's to let you know I'm coming!
AkumaMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:15 PM #6
cplach
Sock it to 'em

has been a member for 10 years
cplach owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
For food, go to kuma's corner of you like burgers
cplach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:46 AM #7
AkumaMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplach View Post
It's a tad bit over rated but super popular. Lockdown and DMK Burger are good places as well and are not so crowded.
P90/Ion(L7 V2 Bolt & Fly on detents) Deadlywind CF barrel w/689 freak insert, Red/Green Dot, Laser & Flashlight, Pinokio Hopper(smoke)P-Board Upgrade!, Ninja 90/4500 Tank, Straight Ninja Remote Line with Quick Disconnect and slide check, JT Flex 8 Mask, Winter Urban Camo uniform, 6+1 Valken Pack with Pinokio 180rd pods, Contour +2 Camera(helmet mount). NUFF SAID!

Old 06-13-2013, 12:04 PM #8
XchaunceyX

plays in the NXL
+1 for lockdown! bite cafe right across the street is good too!
XchaunceyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:04 PM #9
LOGANxKILLSxSUCKAS

Any place on Taylor St downtown has fantastic food. If youre looking for something closer, Naperville (Always voted top 10 in US places to live, 30 min north of CPX) has some decent bars and restaurants and a nice riverwalk.

Message me, cash in hand
LOGANxKILLSxSUCKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:25 PM #10
PBFeZ

PBFeZ is a Paintball photographer
If you don't mind the drive (google says 1 hour from CPX, but YMMV based on traffic) , I highly recommend Big & Little's. Not exactly fancy, but where else can you get Foie Gras and fries for less than $15? Porkbelly Poboy is delicious. Their burgers ain't bad either.

For Pizza, typical deep dish, Lou Malnati's, Gino's East, or Uno's (in that order based on taste preference) is the way to go. If you want to try something a bit different, try the Pequod's pan pizza. None of these are exactly high-end fancy restaurants (and Pequod's is more of a bar atmosphere), although thy're another world compared to Big & Little's.

I second the Gene & Jude's recommendation, but again, absolutely nothing fancy here.

I'll leave the fine dining options to someone else, since I tend to prefer cheaper food, lol.

Last edited by PBFeZ : 06-13-2013 at 12:27 PM.
PBFeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:52 PM #11
Kirko017

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack99 View Post
Give us a price range for your fancy night out with the gf. There's all sorts of great spots depending on what you want to spend and what you hope to get from the place (small and intimate? Live jazz overlooking Michigan ave? Cheap but world famous?). And if you're both 21+ there are some great bars, nightclubs, microbreweries that we can all recommend. And how far are you willing to drive from Joliet?
She is only 20 :/
Staying in Bolingbrook, but willing to go anywhere around Chicago.

Um. Not sure how much fine dining costs lol but I would prefer to keep the tab under $120.. Intimate is something I had in mind but the live jazz overlooking Michigan Ave sounds pretty damn cool.
I mean I live in Akron, Ohio. Honestly the fanciest places to eat at really are Olive Garden, Outback, Longhorn, etc. and I don't know if you got those in IL but you get to sit next to a dude in joggers with a bib.. So just trying to get something where people will be more dressed up and fancy with good food of course

Last edited by Kirko017 : 06-16-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:33 PM #12
Spazdoc

Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc supports our troops
One of the more popular things to do is an architectural tour of the city, by boat, bus, or car.

Food, jeez, you are in the right place. IMHO, Chicago excels at steakhouses, Mexican, and, of course, our own style of deep dish pizza. I am also partial to hot dogs (ie Hot Doug's).

Bistronomic (modern French Bistro), Mercadito ( Mexican), Frontera Grill (Mexican), and Adobo Grill (Mexican) are some of my favorites, but it is very hard to beat Chicago Cut Steakhouse outdoor in the summer with seating along the river. Mastros is a great steakhouse, and you can always split a nice Ribeye to save money (the protions are just huge). If you come back and want to splurge into the $400-$600 range, I can give some more recommendations.

When you want to have drinks, a great spot is NoMi. It is on the 7th floor at the Park Hyatt on the north of of Michigan Ave, right across from Watertower. I would skip Signature Room except for drinks, and make sure to sit on the West side.

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:24 PM #13
1badWS6
TATT!!

1badWS6 is playing at Living Legends V
1badWS6 is playing at Living Legends VI
1badWS6 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
1badWS6 supports DLX Technology
Signature room is dope but it can get expensive, for obvious reasons. Check out gibsons on rush street for steak or gene and judes for bomb hot dogs. Just don't ask for ketchup lol.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:59 PM #14
AkumaMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badWS6 View Post
gene and judes for bomb hot dogs. Just don't ask for ketchup lol.
Got that right they almost threw my buddy out back in the day for asking for it. I felt so embarrassed! I asked him why did you ask after I told you not to. His response was for the fries dude. I told him Ketchup does not even come close to any Chicago style hot dog!!!!

Old 06-17-2013, 05:53 PM #15
Mnt dewer

Mnt dewer plays in the PSP
Mnt dewer is playing at Living Legends V
Mnt dewer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Mnt dewer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Mnt dewer posts videos on PbNation
Lou Malnoti's has the best deep dish in town. Check em out. there not that pricey either
Mnt dewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:31 PM #16
Kirko017

plays in the NXL
You guys don't eat Ketchup with your hotdogs o.O.. I'll make sure not to ask for Ketchup now haha

Thanks for all the information on food so far guys, helping a lot. My mouth is watering already

Probably going to try to see some Live Jazz while in Chicago this time, someone already recommended the one overlooking Michigan Ave I think it's the Bandera? Any other places to consider? Keep reading bad reviews of Green Mill, and good ones about Andy's

I plan to check out Navy Pier on Saturday night and watch some Fireworks. Anything else in Chicago that I can really only see/do in Chicago that I should see/do before I leave? Under 21 friendly

Last edited by Kirko017 : 06-18-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:39 PM #17
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
ProtoBaller1991 supports Team VICIOUS
ProtoBaller1991 supports Team VICIOUS
ProtoBaller1991 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badWS6 View Post
Signature room is dope but it can get expensive, for obvious reasons. Check out gibsons on rush street for steak or gene and judes for bomb hot dogs. Just don't ask for ketchup lol.
Holy crap you read my mind with all 3 of those

and don't call it the willis tower

Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:27 PM #18
RelativeAsh
Kämpfen Mit Ehre

RelativeAsh plays in the PSP
RelativeAsh owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RelativeAsh owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplach View Post
This!

By far the best burger in Chicago and quite possibly the country.

Start with the mac n cheese as an appetizer and finish with a burger. I always get the Plague Bringer and my wife always gets the Clutch

I Support UWL / Hank 3 / PBR

Last edited by RelativeAsh : 06-18-2013 at 08:32 PM.
RelativeAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:30 PM #19
RelativeAsh
Kämpfen Mit Ehre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirko017 View Post
Staying in Bolingbrook, but willing to go anywhere around Chicago.
I live in Bolingbrook. There is a great pizza place called Home Run Inn on Boughton and Weber. Get the garlic butter crust if you go. It's not deep dish but its not a thin crust either.

Last edited by RelativeAsh : 06-18-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:38 PM #20
PBFeZ

PBFeZ is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirko017 View Post
You guys don't eat Ketchup with your hotdogs o.O.. I'll make sure not to ask for Ketchup now haha
Haha, it's sacrilege to get ketchup on a chicago style dog. I get **** for it every time I ask for ketchup (Im a ketchup-only type of guy) since I'm not a kid anymore.

It really only applies at chicago style hotdog places. Though if your girlfriend asks for it, they'll probably be a bit nicer, lol.
PBFeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:52 AM #21
RelativeAsh
Kämpfen Mit Ehre

<~~~~~ Chicago (suburbs) born and raised. I always get Ketchup on a hot dog. I refuse to go to Gene and Judes because they refuse to put it on. Wherever you go for a hot dog, just make sure the dog is Vienna beef.

ReplyRegional Ups