Community Focus

Old 09-26-2006, 06:15 PM #1051
trendyslide
OnoIsuK!

has been a member for 10 years
trendyslide plays in the PSP
trendyslide plays in the APPA D4 division
k

i haven't done it during a day of play so no worries, but i did it at home and it was a tad bit more comfy...but since it's a safety issue, guess it's a no no...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2006, 06:30 PM #1052
pmigrim
I'm dead for a reason

Probs...

alright well ive used my events about ten times and im starting to have some problems that are quite irritating... first of all my clear lense stained around the edges because i waited eight hours before cleaning it off... Second ive barely used my tinted and the back rings that hold it in place are cracked on one side and broken on the other, i don't think thats supposed to happen, i didn't step on the lense or anything and it irritates the hell out of me that i paid 85 bucks for this mask and im having more problems than i ever had with my profilers. Would you like to see pictures of the cracks btw i think it may be evidence of an underlying safety hazard with this masks lense.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:35 PM #1053
volcomstone2262
Get it HONEY

volcomstone2262 is a Supporting Member
volcomstone2262 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmigrim
alright well ive used my events about ten times and im starting to have some problems that are quite irritating... first of all my clear lense stained around the edges because i waited eight hours before cleaning it off... Second ive barely used my tinted and the back rings that hold it in place are cracked on one side and broken on the other, i don't think thats supposed to happen, i didn't step on the lense or anything and it irritates the hell out of me that i paid 85 bucks for this mask and im having more problems than i ever had with my profilers. Would you like to see pictures of the cracks btw i think it may be evidence of an underlying safety hazard with this masks lense.

Why the HELL would you say "I didnt step on the lenses or anything"

Thats a dead give-away you stepped on them.

My goggles also have stains on them.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:56 PM #1054
pmigrim
I'm dead for a reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomstone2262

because i haven't heard anyone else say they've had this problem and the first thing that comes to mind that could cause that kind of damage is stepping on the friggon lense; something i haven't done my mask is always up high when im not using it, the only thing ive done with it is being shot in the mask from 10 feet away.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:02 PM #1055
Prea

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomstone2262

the googles themselves?....if so, then just use warm soapy water

if its the lenses that are stained, well there isnt really anythng you can do about that besides buy a new lense
Old 09-26-2006, 08:01 PM #1056
run◘τhru
dxs.

On anyone elses Events, have the foam on the inside of the mask started to come off at the ends?
run◘τhru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:03 PM #1057
spudcrazy

I wouldn't think the lense should stain, even if the paint stayed on all day. If it stained, wouldn't that imply it's permeable, which wouldn't be a good thing, would it???? And good luck finding a clear thermal lens....I'm still looking and have yet to see a site, state-side, that has them in stock. I also checked on spare visors and brow sheilds just for the heck of it, since Manike said they should be sold anywhere the goggles are sold....Haven't found them either....
spudcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:06 PM #1058
Prea

pbgear.com had dual pane clear lenses the other day

EDIT: actually they still do, and a lot at that (since it doesnt say its low on stock)
Old 09-26-2006, 08:35 PM #1059
spudcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prea
pbgear.com had dual pane clear lenses the other day

EDIT: actually they still do, and a lot at that (since it doesnt say its low on stock)
Excellent....Thanks a lot!!!!
spudcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:05 PM #1060
mugenXP
Registered Member

i used the clear one that is included with the events, and customized my own thermal piece, havn't fogged yet.
mugenXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:52 PM #1061
VFT_GUNNER
THUGLIFE PAINTBALL

VFT_GUNNER owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
VFT_GUNNER owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
VFT_GUNNER is attending Decay of Nations VII
VFT_GUNNER supports DLX Technology
yah i had nothing but problems with mine... first the ears ripped the first day took to empire the put the new ears an new clips on ... next week had the front jewel fall off ... lens are stained in corners, an now the foam is falling off.. so they got put up on the selves an got out my old pro flex an is working like a champ... i hope empire replaces my ruined vents for me at world cup...
"HK isn't just a team. It's not just a club. It's a life style. It's all about doin' whatever you can just to ball on Sunday with all the guys. It's about havin' a good time, and being orginal. It's about being part of the family.
It's about being a Hostile Kid."
(\_/)
(o.o)
(> <)
copy bunny into your profile help him achieve world domination
VFT_GUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:42 AM #1062
shortygermany

shortygermany is a founding member
Good to hear that im not the only one with these problems.

I got a white generation 2 Events and a brand new generation 3 red Events. The Second Edition lost its foam and ruber underneath the foam after the first day of reffing in hot humid weather. Glued it on with 2 component glue and everythings ok now (besides that the foam is a little bit hard now were the glue for the rubber went). The 3 Edition Events was faulty out of the box (the box was sealed, brand new). Half of the rubber and foam attached to it was hanging loose from the goggle. Fixed it also with 2 component glue. And also i think these little chinese workers should learn how to cut rubber and foam and not to cut it to short. Normally the foam goes from one end of the mask were the "L" is marked on the goggle to the other side were the "R" is marked. From both the upper side and the underside were the nose is. My problem is that there is a piece of foam and rubber missing on the right side both on the upper and on the under side of the goggle. Looks like they cut the foam and rubber pieces too short. So i fixed that with some Velcro from a JT Goggle and some spare foam of my marshall JT Goggle. This is one thing that normally didnt suppose happen.

I think im the only person that needs to customize his stuff to get it to work right. Nothing works out of the box for me *ggg*.

I really liked the Events and Vents goggles but that normally doesnt suppose to happen if you need to spent that much money on these goggles.

To that part of staining: Yes one of my single pane lenses also stained on the edges with bright green colour because i was marshaling and cant get the paint fast enough off (it stayed there only a few minutes because i cleaned my white goggle with a super soaker between the games of Xball).......It was Scorched Paint but i think every Paint would stain the lense if it gets into really hot and humid weather and you cant wash it off quick enough.

GERMANMOB
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1505909
Max Lundquist fanclub member #69
shortygermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:44 PM #1063
TeamChaos99
DAT LUXE

TeamChaos99 donated to help Peyton Trent
TeamChaos99 plays in the APPA D4 division
TeamChaos99 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
can anyone tell me if these lenses will fit my e-vents http://www.sakworldpaintball.com/verelet.html if not can someone give me a link? plz