Disarmer
Gig 'em

Disarmer helped look for balloons
Disarmer is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Disarmer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Disarmer is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsballerpcb View Post
Every where I look has different numbers, even though they have similar time stamps lol. WTF
Texas has 92.5k right now.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:55 PM #863
tater_salad (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
I signed the petition.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:33 AM #864
Woodsballerpcb

Once you reach the recognition limit, then what is the point in continuing to sign? Just showing that it is a legitimate issue I suppose?
Old 11-14-2012, 05:48 AM #865
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

PBFreak875 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PBFreak875 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
It's people wanting to say "I was part of it." So what happens now? Is Texas its own nation or are there more steps?

"Originally posted by Muff Muff: The best ideas always come in either dreams or while drunk."

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Old 11-14-2012, 07:03 AM #866
tater_salad (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFreak875 View Post
It's people wanting to say "I was part of it." So what happens now? Is Texas its own nation or are there more steps?
There is probably thousands of more steps. It will never happen.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:17 AM #867
heysueskreesto2

Good luck seceding.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:03 AM #868
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT

The guy that started it God to my school, and I probably have a class with him.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:24 AM #869
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

Wait, hasn't Texes tried to secede every year for the last decade?

"Originally posted by Muff Muff: The best ideas always come in either dreams or while drunk."

Old 11-14-2012, 09:59 AM #870
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT

No. Turns out the kid who started to petition is in my engineering class!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:59 AM #871
l-Poder-l
-_-

l-Poder-l donated to help Peyton Trent
l-Poder-l helped look for balloons
l-Poder-l is playing at Living Legends III
l-Poder-l is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
I think congress has to basically "make a law" that texas is no longer part of the union.

So write a bill

Get 50 prevent approval in the house and senate, president gets a chance to veto.

If president vetoes it needs 2/3rds aproval in congress.

Then the supreme court gets a chance to say if the law is constitutional or not.

I very well could be wrong, and I think Texas is the only state with a clause in its "contract" to join the union that we could peacefully secede.

That being said none of the other states would let us. Then we all decide to secede, we stop paying federal taxes and the state refuses to be part of congress, refuses federal aid, refuses to pay taxes, and shoots the military if they try to stop us. When we win (ok if) Texas will no longer be part of the union and we will most likely be frowned apon by the us we would probably not be allowed to go into the US for several years (20+ probably), and we would probably be mad enough to not let them here either. We might have a good relationship with other countries, a trade embargo would be set up and no one could get there goods into or out of texas legally (to the united states). If an embargo was put in place we would probably lose several things like the Toyota factory in San Antonio, dell might move to the US do they can stay in business the size that they are, there are hundred of more businesses that would do the same), the US would have to pack up all their military bases and GTFO, texans in the military would probably be given a choice to stay in get a new home or desert to texas. We also probably would lose our access to the Internet and American tv we would have to put new stuff in place.. Our government would have to start collecting more taxes to pay for the stuff the federal government helps out with (roads, schools, disaster relief...), they would need to restructure it to run a country more effectively. We would probably try and get a better relationship with Mexico to allow immigrants to come over legally and be cheap labor (no more minimum wage). Our lives would glcontinue to go on but money will be rough until we figure out how to trade with people outside of the US, and we would need to figure that out to survive.

If we didn't win everyone who participated in anyway would probably get tried for treason, or terrorism.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:01 PM #872
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

I get the petition thing, but shouldn't it require at least 60% of the population's signatures to get looked at? 100,000 is like what, 1/10 the population of Dallas? That's nowhere near a majority. Just because a small city (equivalent) wants to leave shouldn't give them the right to take the whole state with them.

The other issue is currency. Guaranteed the US would take the dollar back. You would most likely end up on the peso. If by some chance you did keep the USD, they could always tax the equivalent of federal taxes, meaning the amount people lose doesn't change. That said it would be extremely difficult to create any kind of economy unless like you said it's you can get good relations with Mexico or even us.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:09 PM #873
l-Poder-l
-_-

Quote:
I get the petition thing, but shouldn't it require at least 60% of the population's signatures to get looked at? 100,000 is like what, 1/10 the population of Dallas? That's nowhere near a majority. Just because a small city (equivalent) wants to leave shouldn't give them the right to take the whole state with them.

The other issue is currency. Guaranteed the US would take the dollar back. You would most likely end up on the peso. If by some chance you did keep the USD, they could always tax the equivalent of federal taxes, meaning the amount people lose doesn't change. That said it would be extremely difficult to create any kind of economy unless like you said it's you can get good relations with Mexico or even us.
We would honestly probably switch to an oil standard (until we could get a gold or
Silver standard going), much like the US was a gold standard. Money would become useless, I guess if this takes off I'm buying some gold so my paper money and my 1s and 0s (digital money) are worth something!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:24 PM #874
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

Oil standard... Makes sense actually. It would give you a currency stronger than the USD just based on oil prices alone. But I don't fully understand how or why the value of currency changes.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:28 PM #875
l-Poder-l
-_-

Quote:
Oil standard... Makes sense actually. It would give you a currency stronger than the USD just based on oil prices alone. But I don't fully understand how or why the value of currency changes.
Oil standard wouldn't be very consistent. Especially if we took 100 million dollars worth our of circulation but it's the only valuable things I know we have an abundance of.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:08 PM #876
DSDM
Dark Side Donut Master

DSDM plays in the PSP
DSDM donated to help Peyton Trent
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DSDM is Legendary
Oil is not a stable backer for currency. Not that the dollar is stable based on faith in the US.
PTI Certified Master Airsmith #2822
Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army, Retired (1983-2003)
Facebook
Old 11-14-2012, 04:15 PM #877
l-Poder-l
-_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDM View Post
Oil is not a stable backer for currency. Not that the dollar is stable based on faith in the US.
Like I said, we would probably use oil until we can acquire a mass amount of precious metal.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:20 PM #878
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

You're in Texas. You could base your currency on the value of Mexican immigrants.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:11 PM #879
l-Poder-l
-_-

Quote:
You're in Texas. You could base your currency on the value of Mexican immigrants.
We tried that with African immigrants once.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:16 PM #880
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by l-Poder-l View Post
We tried that with African immigrants once.
Worked for quite a while, too.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:27 PM #881
l-Poder-l
-_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muff Muff View Post

Worked for quite a while, too.
Some dick in a tip hat made us stop.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:21 AM #882
p8baller18
USAR

p8baller18 donated to help Peyton Trent
p8baller18 supports Team VICIOUS
p8baller18 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
*impersonating Dr. Nick* Hi everybody!

We will fight or we will fall, 'til the angels save us all.
You don't have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great.
Closed Thread