Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-01-2004, 10:44 AM #1
angeldude666
**216:DON'T BULL$&^% ME**

has been a member for 10 years
O3 VS high end markers...

Recently I have been in the market for a cheap but very effective backup marker and i really dont want to shell out the cash for say a used speed and then put another 400 into it for the MT FLY retro. Since I'm looking to spend 350-600 at most for a backup, I coudnt help but notice the new OGI O3.

I've seen the video of it at www.ogi.tv and the thing emptied a full halo in 8-10 seconds while my FLY will empty my victory boarded halo in 6.5-8 seconds depending on TR (debounce) settings and all that jazz. I find that amazing that a marker with a $550 msrp can do that high of an ROF!

My question would be: Have any of you compared your O3s to high end markers such as:

ACED Angels (Was/ACE, HK, Predator, and FLY'd angels)
ACED Matrix
WAS'ed and Pandora Vikings
Intimidators

If so, how does it stack up. I know my FLY would be a tad bit faster (fastest gun in the industry) but that O3 looks to be in that range ROF wise and it seems to shoot $$$$$.

Any information would be greatly appreciated,

ANgeldude
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2004, 02:11 PM #2
kevo1994
I-p\/\/N+Jo0o0o0

the 03 rof can keep up with a timmy , depending on the board and how much bounce . it has a tiny bit more kick then the timmy's but it shoots realy well u might conisider it almost the same as a b2k with pds but a tad better in my opinion

socalcustoms our products > your life
Old 09-01-2004, 04:03 PM #3
bandityo

I feel the same was as you. I have an Angel Speed and just got an O3 to play with and use as back/sometimes primary.

I just like having something different

david
Old 09-02-2004, 03:40 PM #4
abercrombielife8

angeldude.... i am used to shooting timmys and dm4s. that is what my team uses. and thats it. my lil brother works for odyssey and picked up an o3, originally for kicks as he usually just uses his ironmen (timmy)

now to be quite honest, im not a big fan of cheap imitator guns, cuz as imitatable as they can be, there will ALWAYS be drawbacks, such as plastic parts, lacking quality, etc. i remember when the spyder electro kit came out in attempt to replicate the speed u got from high end guns (at the time angels), and nothing really ever quite gave you the performance.....

.... till the o3. take it from a gun whore. there are few guns i havent owned that cost over a grand. this is the best shooting gun u could ask for as a backup. the trigger switch is the same weight as the dm4's, and well, this gun shoots kinda like a dm4.... it doesnt have that same soft, straight line, but other than that, the forgrip and trigger grip distance is similar, its small and light, well designed...

anyway, great gun. i dont own 1, but i highly recommend them!
Old 09-03-2004, 06:07 PM #5
pballkm21
Arena Wired

pballkm21 is a Supporting Member
dont flame me for this (i have nothing against odyessey and there guns are good and all) but if you are gonna spend up to $600 you should spend 25 bucks mor and get an 03 shocker thats what i am doing in a couple of days
Old 09-03-2004, 06:16 PM #6
ilikepb

ilikepb is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by pballkm21
dont flame me for this (i have nothing against odyessey and there guns are good and all) but if you are gonna spend up to $600 you should spend 25 bucks mor and get an 03 shocker thats what i am doing in a couple of days
That $25 more gets you a gun without eyes and a company with a reputation for horrible quality control.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:55 PM #7
angeldude666
**216:DON'T BULL$&^% ME**

pballkm21, i had an 04 vision shocker and it was the worst marker i have ever laid my hands upon.

other than that, guys keep the info coming you are really helping me out

thanks,

angeldude
Old 09-03-2004, 11:02 PM #8
ilikepb

From the research I've done I think this is going to make a good back up to my Viking. Of course my Viking never has problems so the 03 probably won't have much field time, but better safe than sorry.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:25 AM #9
daveczrn
Dr. Evil

i currently own a
04 shocker
classic timmy
dye ultralite cocker ebladed
Evil Omen.

There isn't much that impresses me in my search for a near perfect marker.... Shocker is light but not consistant enough, timmy shoots great but is too long for me. cocker is nice but to heavy and bounces alot, Omen is a great gun but lacks in a few places... speed and recoil are the biggest points there.

hopefully i should have my O3 tomarrow. i love the speed and lack of recoil of the O3.... i think it needs a delrin bolt or atleast a lighter one. I just need to really play around with it and see what i like and don't like yet. I hope it lives up to my expectations...

dave

O yea... Don't even say anything about a DM4 because they suck nuts.... i really hate them.

100% reason to remember the name
Old 09-04-2004, 12:36 AM #10
ilikepb

^^^ Sounds like you need a Viking or an Excalibur.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:00 AM #11
CornMonkey
Gonads and Strife

Quote:
Originally posted by pballkm21
i won't flame...promise. but who in their right mind would sell an O3 for 600 when they can be bought for 400-430.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:43 AM #12
daveczrn
Dr. Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by CornMonkey
but who in their right mind would sell an O3 for 600 when they can be bought for 400-430.

I would sell it for $600 if i could get the money for it. I'd be making almost $200 on the deal of course i'd sell it.

there's still a few markers i want to try out there... I don't like the looks of the 3 tube deisign like Vikings and matrix's though... Great markers but i'm just picky.
dave

Old 09-04-2004, 11:58 AM #13
pballkm21
Arena Wired

pballkm21 is a Supporting Member
ok......so you dont like shockers...........what you need is a nice angel 4 fly joy division......drool
Old 09-04-2004, 02:24 PM #14
Artshark

Fastest gun in the industry, eh? Pick up an Excal with Pandora and your A4 will BEG to be dryfired.

Art
Old 09-04-2004, 02:43 PM #15
FL Native

hah ya ok. i like my O3, but i know the A4 Fly is the fastest ever made. but with new updates coming maybe my O3 will be a good 2nd place.

the new Fly is just to fast. LOL

PS: im testing something that will help those that hit reset like me. will update soon, but there is a huricaine right now so i can't get air. LOL

Last edited by FL Native : 09-04-2004 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:49 PM #16
daveczrn
Dr. Evil

speed isn't everything... it isn't much really... every gun fires fast enough to keep you behind the bunker. Trust me.

Angels are the most over complicated gun out there.... I don't like them very much.