It R go good w/ Pizza

has been a member for 10 years
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is playing at Living Legends VIII
Racso owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Racso is Legendary
Gun not working w/ eye on (w/ new eye ribbon)

Ok, I am starting a new thread since this is a completely different problem.

I got a new eye ribbon in today, put it on, and the gun still will not shoot fast with the eye on, so it is not the eye!! Still rips with eye off, and the loader is keeping up, so what are some other possibilities?
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2011, 05:21 PM #2
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Low battery (maybe that there is enough power to function the solenoid, but not enough to power the eye on top of that).

Check that the eye has a clear view in to the breech - nothing blocking the eye hole, or it not being cut low enough.

Make sure that the eye's ribbon tail is plugged in to the marker the right way up.

Check the sides of the upper board for grip screw damage.

Make sure that there are no bent or broken pins in the harness sockets.

Make sure that there are no loose or broken wires in the harness.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:07 PM #3
GoblyGoop

Have you confirmed that the eye is now functioning properly? If so, are you sure the board is stock? If not, do you have the eye on BPS really low? If its a newer board, are the eyes set to breakbeam?

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3975908

Last edited by GoblyGoop : 07-07-2011 at 07:10 PM.
GoblyGoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:08 AM #4
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
Low battery (maybe that there is enough power to function the solenoid, but not enough to power the eye on top of that).

It is a fresh battery

Check that the eye has a clear view in to the breech - nothing blocking the eye hole, or it not being cut low enough.

Eye hole looks fine, not sure exactly what you mean by "not being cut low enough"

Make sure that the eye's ribbon tail is plugged in to the marker the right way up.

It is, I've double check everything with http://www.zdspb.com to be sure I haven't put something in wrong

Check the sides of the upper board for grip screw damage.

checked, its good

Make sure that there are no bent or broken pins in the harness sockets.

As per Andy at http://www.zdspb.com I've checked this and they all look fine

Make sure that there are no loose or broken wires in the harness.

Double checked this as well, closest thing I could find is one wire is slightly curved (not yet bent, but not straight). I don't know if it is enough to break it, but just in case, I might order a new wire harness. Shocker harness are the same, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblyGoop View Post
Have you confirmed that the eye is now functioning properly?

As per Andy at http://www.zdspb.com, I took the gun apart, put the eye close to other objects (specifically my laptop case and the gun itself) and the board would blink and click when I pulled trigger)

If so, are you sure the board is stock?

I bought the gun new and have not upgraded the board

If not, do you have the eye on BPS really low? If its a newer board, are the eyes set to breakbeam?

N/A, stock board. Do you think upgrading the board would help? I found a Shocker/Nerve Dynasty M7 Tadao for $40 on one website, so I may get that.
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH for trying to help me on this!

Another update, I pulled the bottom board out and disconnected the wire harness at both ends, and when I put everything back together and shot it again, it felt like it was shooting FASTER (maybe up to 10ish BPS instead of 8ish), but still not shot per pull. The loader was acting a tad bit stupid this time, so I may have fixed it, but then it might be the placebo effect of me thinking I fixed it so I feel like I fixed it
Old 07-08-2011, 09:50 AM #5
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
It could literally be something as simple as some dirt or corrosion on the harness pins that has been cleaned off by removing and reinserting the harness, so it is possible. Now you need to fix the loader to check the marker!

With regards to my comment about the eye window being low enough, some people have reported issues with the eye being aligned just with the bottom of the hole rather than looking straight through the hole, and have had to make the bottom of the hole just a little bit deeper in order for the eye to have an entirely unobstructed view in to the breech.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:22 AM #6
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
It could literally be something as simple as some dirt or corrosion on the harness pins that has been cleaned off by removing and reinserting the harness, so it is possible. Now you need to fix the loader to check the marker!

With regards to my comment about the eye window being low enough, some people have reported issues with the eye being aligned just with the bottom of the hole rather than looking straight through the hole, and have had to make the bottom of the hole just a little bit deeper in order for the eye to have an entirely unobstructed view in to the breech.
OOOOOOOOO.... I see.

As for the loader, I am completely confused as to why it is being stupid. On my other gun, it feeds perfectly. No problem, but on my nerve, it just doesn't feed right!! So I dunno... I am getting frustrated... In order for me to test it fully, I need to get to a field.

Thanks again for your help! It is really sad that my NERVE is the gun not working, yet my autococker is the one that is acting just fine!!!
Old 07-09-2011, 05:23 PM #7
GoblyGoop

Gotta split the mechanical from the electronic. Best be is to swap out the upper and lower with know god.

Curious..are you going semi or a mode? Make sire you are on rmp or rebound sp you can max it out

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3975908
GoblyGoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:12 AM #8
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Racso is Legendary
UPDATE:

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got to go out today and test it and I got it going!!!

At first I was uber pissed since the gun shot once, then wouldn't shoot any! I just turned the eye off and played a bit w/o it. Then I got to thinking about it, about how this is a different issue than I am used to. I then realized that the paint I was using was dark brown, and most likely the eye couldn't see it. Later I got some green and blue in there, turned the eye on, AND IT RIPPED!!!!

And the whole time my hopper was able to keep up just fine!!! At the end of the day, I went onto the field with a full hopper, and just unloaded as fast as I could, and it didn't skip a beat.

SOOOOO, here is something I may have done to fix the fix:

After replacing the eye, I disconnected the wire harness from both boards, then reconnected everything (eye, harness, battery). That is the last thing I did so it may have had something to with it. Now that it is working fine, I have to go back and confirm that it was the first eye ribbon that was the problem. I will update again once I do that. But I am so happy my gun is now working!!!

However, now that my nerve is working, my autococker is giving me trouble (at least I know exactly what the problem is on the cocker though, and its a quick/easy fix) but maybe this means I am doomed to one of my guns not working while the other is fine, and this just means my nerve should be good for a while!!!

Last edited by Racso : 07-17-2011 at 01:15 AM.