Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-24-2014, 09:53 PM #22
prone2wander

prone2wander supports Ninja Paintball
Ok, the lube is Lurker. Trying the test that you suggested, the balls are dropping. My pressure is now low in my tank and I will have to wait until tomorrow at the field to test further. Thanks!
prone2wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2014, 10:19 PM #23
prone2wander

The lube is Lurker. The ball is falling into the breach.

This part I didn't understand "This will also check if the striker is resetting back on the sear without having the weight of the bolt to take with it. Check the edge of your sear and the sear notch on the striker to ensure that they are not rounding." Sorry I'm still learning.

The lower tube looks shiny and polished, no nick. Everything is assembled correctly.

The only modification was using a different striker spring to get my fps up but have been using it without issue. One other thing that may be the problem, I replaced the red striker o-ring with another one that was sent with the gun but it was dried out and just fell apart. So I had a cheap blitz o-ring kit and the o-ring on it may not be the right thickness. I am currently thinking the nick on the striker and or the o-ring is probably the issue. Both of which I can order next week.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:31 PM #24
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by prone2wander View Post
The lube is Lurker. The ball is falling into the breach.

This part I didn't understand "This will also check if the striker is resetting back on the sear without having the weight of the bolt to take with it. Check the edge of your sear and the sear notch on the striker to ensure that they are not rounding." Sorry I'm still learning.

The lower tube looks shiny and polished, no nick. Everything is assembled correctly.

The only modification was using a different striker spring to get my fps up but have been using it without issue. One other thing that may be the problem, I replaced the red striker o-ring with another one that was sent with the gun but it was dried out and just fell apart. So I had a cheap blitz o-ring kit and the o-ring on it may not be the right thickness. I am currently thinking the nick on the striker and or the o-ring is probably the issue. Both of which I can order next week.
Alright, some important details there. A few things come to mind. 1st, you should he using oil on the striker, not a grease lube. 2nd, defiantly check the size and type of material on that striker o-ring. I think they are a standard -014 but don't quote me on that. The material is also important. Regular buna (black) is softer than the red material o-ring that comes stock. This can lead to additional friction from the o-ring "grabbing" the surface.

As for the test I mentioned, by removing the but bolt, you can check that the striker is returning far enough for the sear to catch and that the sear does catch it. Basically, to test that it is recocking on its own correctly without the extra drag (and mass) of the bolt slowing the return speed/force of the striker.
– 7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
– APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
– Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:33 PM #25
CA_Tectonics

At least the good news it's that the marker not shooting paintballs appears to be due to the bolt/striker not returning far enough for balls to enter the breach.
– 7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
– APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
– Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 05-24-2014, 10:38 PM #26
CA_Tectonics

Forgot to explain the rounding part.......

The sear (that piece of metal that sticks up above the frame if you separated the body from grip frame) needs to have a fairly sharp edge at the tip of it. Same goes for the back edge of the indentation cut-out on the bottom of the striker. If those surfaces are rounded, the sear will not be able to catch and hold the striker.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:54 PM #27
prone2wander

Thanks so much CA Tectonics that helps alot. I will go back to the oil I was using, use the right o-rings which hopefully the tech at the field will have and go ahead and replace the striker or at least get a back up. The sear is in good shape, same with the indentions on the striker. The gun hasn't seen much use since I picked it up new in late 2010 but probably a half dozen times this year and much more to come. I have learned more about the gun this week thanks to you and others and really appreciate all the help. I now feel so much more comfortable working on it. Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Old 05-24-2014, 11:48 PM #28
prone2wander

Success! Trouble shooting into the night trying to figure out what I am doing and found the correct O-ring via O-ring chart in the manual and things seems to be working fine. You have taught me so much Yoda. I should be good to go tomorrow and much more prepared for D Day, thanks again.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:35 AM #29
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Thanks so much CA Tectonics that helps alot. I will go back to the oil I was using, use the right o-rings which hopefully the tech at the field will have and go ahead and replace the striker or at least get a back up. The sear is in good shape, same with the indentions on the striker. The gun hasn't seen much use since I picked it up new in late 2010 but probably a half dozen times this year and much more to come. I have learned more about the gun this week thanks to you and others and really appreciate all the help. I now feel so much more comfortable working on it. Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Quote:
Success! Trouble shooting into the night trying to figure out what I am doing and found the correct O-ring via O-ring chart in the manual and things seems to be working fine. You have taught me so much Yoda. I should be good to go tomorrow and much more prepared for D Day, thanks again.
Good deal . Glad you were able to get it up and running again. If you have any questions/issues pop up in the future, be sure to post up and we'll get you squared away.