PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-15-2013, 10:13 PM #1
NL2

NL2 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
need help on gearbags, hopper and kneepads

hey guys! First of all, hope your year is starting off great! Secondly,I'm looking more for your comments on the products themselves, any tendency to break down, bla bla bla.

I'm about to close out what i need to replace as far as gear goes and just wanted some opinions from y'all. In order of priority...

Gearbags: empire XLT vs PE classic vs Sly vs Dye Navigator vs HK Rock n' Roller
I got a buttload of gear so my pathetic hockey bag is just flopping about looking like Michael Moore after thanksgiving dinner. A lot of people told me that the XLT is bigger than the PE classic however some reviews on ansgear suggested otherwise. I also like the fact that XLT has the rain cover (which i'd probably use to not get paint splatter on the bag) and separate compartments so the dirty clothes can be stored separately. But mainly... space is a concern. So, any confirmations and feedbacks would be appreciated. The Dye navigator turns out to be a pretty good option except it doesn't have the pull handles and rain cover but seems to not lack in space and compartments

Hoppers: spire vs Z2 vs rotor
My rotor is getting dirty and old, it's time to retire it... also it no longer match my color scheme hahah. I have a pinokio that i use for woodsball and as a backup. But for speedball i'd definitely prefer something a bit smaller and lighter. The spire and its easy changing speedfeed and large opening is definitely good. The small opening of the rotor is pissing me off. The Z2 looks pretty decent as well so... anything you guys wanna comment on them?

Kneepads: Empire vs HK vs PE vs Sly
My empire are ripping and I no longer want it to protect my shin as well... its not necessary and its limiting my movement, so comfort is a must. People praises the Dye pads but it seems to slip more than the others. The empire ones look solid but not as comfortable as the others as well. From what i can see, i'm interested most in the HK because it has the slits on the side so it would seems to bend better with your knee. I'm at a lost here... help?

thanks ahead for your comments/suggestions/feedbacks
NL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2013, 08:03 AM #2
NL2

really? nobody?
Old 01-17-2013, 08:54 AM #3
BurningPlaydoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NL2 View Post
really? nobody?
As far as loaders go not a single person at my field with a Spire has had a complaint about them yet. When people say they feed the last few shots slowly that's just because they're used to the Rotor whining when its running out of paint.
I'm not sure who told you Dye kneepads slide down, but I'm skinny and wear large size dye pads and I've NEVER had them slip down.
Also I would stay away from HK soft goods for now since I have personally seen their pantd and elbow pads ripped up after only two uses; their durability just isn't up to par yet.

Last edited by BurningPlaydoh : 01-17-2013 at 09:01 AM.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:58 AM #4
#1WoodsBaller

#1WoodsBaller is playing at Living Legends V
#1WoodsBaller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
If you liked your Rotor no reason not to stick with them you can pick them up now for around $100 used in like new condition. I have a Z2 and rotor and actually prefer the simplicity of the rotor to the Z2. Performance wise i can't tell a lick of difference. I have a spire coming this week I got a chance to look at one the other day and just want to give it a try. Looks less complicated than the Z2, but slightly more complicated than the rotor.

The only gear bag I have ever owned is PE and I like them so I can't help you with comparing to other bags. The rain cover sounds like a cool feature .

I don't wear knee pads so no help there either.

WTB or Trade for Grey Racing Strap PM Me!!
#1WoodsBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:53 AM #5
blueshifty
John - conscious paradox

has been a member for 10 years
Gearbags - I think PE makes the best. Very sturdy construction, nice layout and looks cool.

Loaders - I like rotors because they are tough as nails, are low profile (not as low as the spire) and mine has never jammed. Be sure to check the stack tension allen screw on the back of the motor assembly to make sure it is ~flush.

Kneepads - I like sly. They stay put and so far have been durable.

blueshifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:18 AM #6
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Ninja Paintball
dps093 supports Empire
Gearbag - Planet Eclipse

Loader - Dye Rotor

Kneepad - Planet Eclipse
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:28 AM #7
NL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningPlaydoh View Post
As far as loaders go not a single person at my field with a Spire has had a complaint about them yet. When people say they feed the last few shots slowly that's just because they're used to the Rotor whining when its running out of paint.
I'm not sure who told you Dye kneepads slide down, but I'm skinny and wear large size dye pads and I've NEVER had them slip down.
Also I would stay away from HK soft goods for now since I have personally seen their pantd and elbow pads ripped up after only two uses; their durability just isn't up to par yet.
i've seen a lot of reviews online and they all agree that because the spire doesn't spin like crazy when its low on paint. so when your eyes are on... you'd have to wait for it to the the half cycle to get 1 ball into the breach then when you shoot that ball it would spin the rest in. or you can just press the force feed button lol

i've had several people told me personally that the dye kneepads are the most comfortable pads they've used but they have a problem with it sliding down because there's no velcro to keep it tight.

and i'm surprise to hear that about the HK gear cuz i'm very interested in their pants and pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
Gearbag - Planet Eclipse

Loader - Dye Rotor

Kneepad - Planet Eclipse
Yeah i think in the end its the PE i'm going for, unless the HK is a good contender but so far... who knows. there's no review anywhere
Old 01-19-2013, 07:18 PM #8
BurningPlaydoh

Quote:
i've seen a lot of reviews online and they all agree that because the spire doesn't spin like crazy when its low on paint. so when your eyes are on... you'd have to wait for it to the the half cycle to get 1 ball into the breach then when you shoot that ball it would spin the rest in. or you can just press the force feed button lol

i've had several people told me personally that the dye kneepads are the most comfortable pads they've used but they have a problem with it sliding down because there's no velcro to keep it tight.

and i'm surprise to hear that about the HK gear cuz i'm very interested in their pants and pads

Yeah i think in the end its the PE i'm going for, unless the HK is a good contender but so far... who knows. there's no review anywhere
The Dye C10 kneepads do have a velcro strap though.

As far as the Spire goes, my Rotor has trouble feeding the last few balls in the hopper since the arms are spinning so fast, so its probably best to keep both loaders from going completely empty. I can't speak to the Z2 in regard to that since I've never used one.

Last edited by BurningPlaydoh : 01-19-2013 at 07:23 PM.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:42 PM #9
NL2

anyone else want to chip in? ^_^
Old 01-25-2013, 02:04 PM #10
DanR
Stock Luxe 1.0

DanR plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
DanR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DanR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DanR is an NCPA player
DanR supports DLX Technology
gearbag-nxe navigator
loader-spire no complaints so far it is suppper complicated though
kneepads PE 2011
Old 02-01-2013, 03:15 PM #11
zC-
financial panther

zC- is a Supporting Member
I am having the same kneepad conundrum. I bought the Sly pro-mercs online, but I could hardly bend my knee. Needless to say they are being returned, but I can't decide between the dye c10, hk, and eclipse...ayudanos!

My other thought was going outside of paintball and getting a pair of baseball kneepads for $25 http://www.eastbay.com/product/model...YWORD%20SEARCH
These might not slip as much due to the hex padding contouring to your knee...but then again I could be wrong

OG Feedback

Last edited by zC- : 02-01-2013 at 03:19 PM. Reason: added stuff
zC- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:22 PM #12
Puginator

Puginator supports DLX Technology
Hopper: spire for sure i perfer over my rotor, it has never jammed, faster speedfeed change out, lighter, and a lower profile with a larger capacity.
Gearbag: eclipse all the way. It has lots of room and is extremely durable.
Knee pads: dye 100%. I got the eclipse since i had a lot of people tell me to get them no bueno. They are not flexible unless you break them in good while the dye knee pads are flexible right away. Oh and the dye c10 knee pads do have a strap and they stay in place extremely well.
Puginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 PM #13
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle

FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VIII
FalconPunchKid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Gearbag go with PE

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:36 PM #14
NL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zC- View Post
I am having the same kneepad conundrum. I bought the Sly pro-mercs online, but I could hardly bend my knee. Needless to say they are being returned, but I can't decide between the dye c10, hk, and eclipse...ayudanos!
did you not break them in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPunchKid View Post
Gearbag go with PE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puginator View Post
Hopper: spire for sure i perfer over my rotor, it has never jammed, faster speedfeed change out, lighter, and a lower profile with a larger capacity.
Gearbag: eclipse all the way. It has lots of room and is extremely durable.
Knee pads: dye 100%. I got the eclipse since i had a lot of people tell me to get them no bueno. They are not flexible unless you break them in good while the dye knee pads are flexible right away. Oh and the dye c10 knee pads do have a strap and they stay in place extremely well.
well that's good to hear about the bag, someone else told me to go with the sly since they're pretty spacious as well. But my first choice was the PE so i think that i won't regret that

as for the hopper, overall, people have been quite positive about the spire so i guess whatever issue they had at the beginning is now fixed. I'll get a Z2 for back up as well.

Dye kneepads eh... C10 has straps? hm...
Old 02-01-2013, 08:05 PM #15
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle

FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VIII
FalconPunchKid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
I wish i could afford a PE bag

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:36 PM #16
Hu_Crew998

Hu_Crew998 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
rotor for the hopper and i personally like the pe gear
Hu_Crew998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:15 PM #17
zC-
financial panther

zC- is a Supporting Member
Quote:
did you not break them in?
The material doesn't feel like it is going to give much - I didn't want to take the chance of trying to break them in and then being unable to return them. I have had a pair of empire and dye knee pads in the past that were great from the get go. I want to preserve both my agility and my knees...

OG Feedback
zC- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:37 AM #18
MaSsAcRe251
Traeger

MaSsAcRe251 is playing at Living Legends V
MaSsAcRe251 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MaSsAcRe251 plays in the APPA beginner division
MaSsAcRe251 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
If you haven't considered the Dye pads, I highly recommend you do. They are super comfortable and I have no problems with them sliding around. The knee pads have a strap at the bottom so it can't slide past your calf. The elbow pads are probably some of the most commonly used pads. At least from what I've seen. They're worth the extra $10 over the other brands.
MaSsAcRe251 is offline   Reply With Quote