Old 01-29-2012, 11:50 PM #43
shiky
Turtle Power!

has been a member for 10 years
shiky has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
shiky is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba0315 View Post
madness til death field then lightning until chain lightning + lightning barrage than go rest into madness.
so what you're saying is the 0/13/28 TK/Balance Hybrid?

Molon Labe

democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for dinner, liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.- Benjamin Franklin
shiky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2012, 12:12 AM #44
boarderguy64

boarderguy64 is a Supporting Member
started my agent on said server. dunno how fast ill level. but lemme know before i hit lvl 10, sniper or operative healer.

name is ThadCastle add me to front page if ya like
"Originally Posted by Texas56
OF course teh gay pr0n is 1337."
boarderguy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:26 AM #45
bubba0315

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiky View Post
so what you're saying is the 0/13/28 TK/Balance Hybrid?
yes.
bubba0315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:37 AM #46
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

yeeaaaaa.... I'm gonna have to be careful with this game.

started playing today around 2pm, already have 10 hours logged......
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:55 AM #47
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard is playing at Living Legends VIII
digitard has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard is Legendary
Didn't do enough PVP early on. I'm at 46, and only at 13 Valor.

Going to start doing nothing but PVP to get my Valor up, which should take me into a level or two, so when I hit 50 I don't get destroyed beyond reason in the forced PVP move.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:46 AM #48
bubba0315

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
Didn't do enough PVP early on. I'm at 46, and only at 13 Valor.

Going to start doing nothing but PVP to get my Valor up, which should take me into a level or two, so when I hit 50 I don't get destroyed beyond reason in the forced PVP move.
How exactly does valor affect getting destroyed? The only thing you can do is get gear quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
yeeaaaaa.... I'm gonna have to be careful with this game.

started playing today around 2pm, already have 10 hours logged......
I have over 14 days, started playing 4 days before release. Though a portion of it is my g15 macro keeping me from logging out to avoid queues, it's still ridiculous.
bubba0315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:37 AM #49
Arabesque.

So PVP is becoming a bit unreasonable for pure melee classes (sith warrior/jedi guardian). Whoever decided that giving range classes a huge knockback ability... and then adding a snare on top of that would be good design is just an idiot.

Knockback is literally the biggest problem I've had with pvp. It wouldn't be such a problem if it was on a huge cooldown, but the same person knocked me off the upper levels up Huttball 4 times in a minute. There's literally nothing I can do as a Marauder against that. Even with flawless interrupts, I still can't do enough burst damage.

Totally disregarding their ability to stun you for an eternity.

"Originally posted by Anonymous: DEAD PARENTS SHORT MIDGET WARRIOR MOVE TO POLYNESIA YOU GARDEN GNOME HOBBIT"

Last edited by Arabesque. : 01-30-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Arabesque. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:14 AM #50
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard is playing at Living Legends VIII
digitard has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba0315 View Post
How exactly does valor affect getting destroyed? The only thing you can do is get gear quickly.
That's exactly it. From my understanding is that it's getting more and more common, since you have the 50 only queue, to jump into PVP and it's being dominated by fully decked out 50's who can take and deal the damage (assuming they know 2 cents about their best PVP configurations).

So I want to come in with the quickest ability to get to that. Plus I'm really just enjoying PVP right now.

Normally end up in the top 1/3 lately which is a big deal since I used to end up in the bottom 1/5th...lol.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:25 AM #51
Kolder
The Commish

Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque. View Post
So PVP is becoming a bit unreasonable for pure melee classes (sith warrior/jedi guardian). Whoever decided that giving range classes a huge knockback ability... and then adding a snare on top of that would be good design is just an idiot.

Knockback is literally the biggest problem I've had with pvp. It wouldn't be such a problem if it was on a huge cooldown, but the same person knocked me off the upper levels up Huttball 4 times in a minute. There's literally nothing I can do as a Marauder against that. Even with flawless interrupts, I still can't do enough damage burst damage.

I'm a Jugg and I'm hardly ever out of the top 3 and a lot of the time number 1 in the WZ. Although a marauder running around solo without a healer or guardian is going to get destroyed fast.

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Kolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:49 AM #52
Mustang7302
has been here too long

Mustang7302 is a founding member
Mustang7302 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Updated list:

Quote:
PBN SW:TOR Player List:
Galactic Republic Faction:
  • Krayt Dragon Server
    angelballer = Fugacity (Smuggler, Scoundrel)
    EvilPopTart = KennyF'nPwers (Jedi Knight)
    Matt.is.back2011 = Belkeer (Jedi, Shadow)
    Mustang7302 = Xannal (Trooper, Commando)

Sith Empire Faction:
  • Sith Wyrm Server
    angelballer = Fugacity (Sith Inquisitor, Sorcerer) + Diffusion (Imperial Agent, Operative)
    binaryterror = Amsterjones (Sith Inquisitor, Sorcerer)
    boarderguy64 = ThadCastle (Imperial Agent)
    Captain A v2.0 = Dewtz (Bounty Hunter, Mercenary)
    Drex17 = Lanik (Imperial Agent)
    EvilPopTart = Snugglemonkey (Sith Warrior)
    Mustang7302 = Theora (Sith Inquisitor, Assassin)
Also seems like there isn't much support for a different guild name than the one that has been already cobbled together. Sad, but guess I will have to deal; and do have to admit that Dewtz does make a good guild "leader" being helpful and knowledgeable.

Hit 21 last night, and yes some of the choices you can make in the game is pretty damn dark. Ended up killing a son for a piece of Sith lore and ended up killing his father too when he got up set at me.

"Originally posted by Volucris: Computers are tools. Man is separated by how well he chooses his tool."

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: We went from Allan Sheppard, Gus Grissom, Neil Armstrong, and Buzz Aldrin to Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, and Snooki."

Last edited by Mustang7302 : 01-30-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Mustang7302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:51 AM #53
Arabesque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post
I'm a Jugg and I'm hardly ever out of the top 3 and a lot of the time number 1 in the WZ. Although a marauder running around solo without a healer or guardian is going to get destroyed fast.
Difference between Jugg and Marauder is survivability though. Even in rage or vengeance spec, Juggs can outlast me after I burn all my defensive skills. But yeah, obviously I would do a lot better if teams were a bit more coordinated. I don't have a guild, nor do I play with anyone; it's always just solo.

All that said, top 3 on my server is almost always (read: very consistently) 350k-400k+ damage. I have never seen a Sith Warrior or Jedi Guardian put those numbers up. My highest is close to 275k.

Edit: it's still very very ridiculous that troopers can knock me halfway across the map, snare me, and kill me before I make it even halfway back to them.

"Originally posted by Anonymous: DEAD PARENTS SHORT MIDGET WARRIOR MOVE TO POLYNESIA YOU GARDEN GNOME HOBBIT"

Last edited by Arabesque. : 01-30-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:00 AM #54
AuxiliaryPie
iLurk

finally decided to buy the game yesterday, 18 hours of downloading later it is telling me that my account is no longer active. everything i google just says "wait it out"

ok figured that out, now i cant connect to any of the servers because of the 1003 error

Last edited by AuxiliaryPie : 01-30-2012 at 08:30 AM.
AuxiliaryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:08 AM #55
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

Quote:

Knockback is literally the biggest problem I've had with pvp. It wouldn't be such a problem if it was on a huge cooldown, but the same person knocked me off the upper levels up Huttball 4 times in a minute. There's literally nothing I can do as a Marauder against that. Even with flawless interrupts, I still can't do enough burst damage.

I've always played the warrior classes and this seems to be a problem in every single mmo ever. It's like the warrior exists only to be a tank for PVE, and is completely useless otherwise. It also seems to always need the best gear possible to compete at all. Slow/stun/snare/fear/rangeattack pretty much wreck you. Spec as best you can for mobility/utility/survivability, but it still comes down to rock, paper, scissors, and you just need to run away.

It's a whole different game if you manage to get a healer to follow you around though.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:21 AM #56
Mustang7302
has been here too long

Mustang7302 is a founding member
Mustang7302 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post
I've always played the warrior classes and this seems to be a problem in every single mmo ever. It's like the warrior exists only to be a tank for PVE, and is completely useless otherwise. It also seems to always need the best gear possible to compete at all. Slow/stun/snare/fear/rangeattack pretty much wreck you. Spec as best you can for mobility/utility/survivability, but it still comes down to rock, paper, scissors, and you just need to run away.

It's a whole different game if you manage to get a healer to follow you around though.
In my experiance from WoW, this is so much truth. I remember trying to hammer down on a warrior with burst damage, snares, slows, and I just could never get him down to less than 30% life before he would get away or a friend or two would come wipe me up.

"Originally posted by Volucris: Computers are tools. Man is separated by how well he chooses his tool."

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: We went from Allan Sheppard, Gus Grissom, Neil Armstrong, and Buzz Aldrin to Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, and Snooki."
Mustang7302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:45 AM #57
Ninja Mouse
SUCH. MANY. SO. WOW.

*sees first free weekend in a long time*

*debating going hiking or playing vidya games...*
Old 01-30-2012, 08:57 AM #58
EvilPopTart
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Mega Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 is playing at Living Legends XI
EvilPopTart is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
got to level 18 last night. Got pretty sweaty yesterday.
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:37 AM #59
angelballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderguy64 View Post
started my agent on said server. dunno how fast ill level. but lemme know before i hit lvl 10, sniper or operative healer.

name is ThadCastle add me to front page if ya like
I'd pick sniper over a healing operative if you can stand knowing that you are extremely immobile. Concealment operatives are still excellent in PVE due to all their CC skills and are useful in PVP as long as you have someone tagging along. As an Op, if you get through your burst and the person has > 30% health, you are in trouble solo. Getting knocked down by an Operative and then gangbanged by him and his friend are really the only issues my Pyro Powertech build has.
angelballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:18 AM #60
boxerfreeflow00
Never go full retard!

boxerfreeflow00 is a Supporting Member
PVP and Starship quests are a fun alternative to questing! I spent a few hours pvping yesterday instead of traveling back to Tatooine

PSN: Evil_Goat

My FeedBack 45 Positive & Counting
boxerfreeflow00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:22 AM #61
Sand6452
Pour, count, lick, stick

Sand6452 plays in the PSP
Sand6452 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sand6452 is an NCPA player
Sand6452 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:

Combined with the fact that the guardian has no real stuns of their own that are worth anything. PvP gets a little frustrating sometimes when you just get stun locked for what feels like forever when it really just is like up to 15 seconds sometimes, but knowing that you cant stun back is a little annoying.
Sand6452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:33 PM #62
Arabesque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand6452 View Post
Combined with the fact that the guardian has no real stuns of their own that are worth anything. PvP gets a little frustrating sometimes when you just get stun locked for what feels like forever when it really just is like up to 15 seconds sometimes, but knowing that you cant stun back is a little annoying.
It's a good thing I prefer pve. And I just flat out wreck long single target fights with Anni spec. I have zero utility, and long bosses are probably the only thing my class/build is good at, but goddamn is it good at it.

I'm mostly okay with this. Carnage spec is still probably the most fun though, and I still out damage most classes with it on bosses.

Last edited by Arabesque. : 01-30-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:31 PM #63
Matt.is.back2011

Optional guild names I thought of off the top of my head.

Republic

■Bantha Poodoo
■Blue Shirt Mafia
■Corellian Coalition
■Curb Your Imperialism
■Ewok Dance Studio
■Ewok Massage Parlor
■Jawas Ate My Baby
■Jedi Meme Tricks
■Merely a Setback
■Mos Eisley Cantina Crew
■No Sleep Till Kessel