ReplyScenario Ups

Old 02-18-2013, 01:19 PM #64
solarstorm66
i'd like to buy a vowel

has been a member for 10 years
solarstorm66 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
solarstorm66 plays in the APPA D4 division
solarstorm66 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I thought the gameplay was very good. I enjoyed getting to play with Hostile Takeover and, as always, the Undertakers and Disposable Heroes make excellent adversaries.

I do have three suggestions for the future:
1. More air fill whips. It looked like at times there was only 1 and the line stretched for as long as 20 or 25 minutes at peak times. This is an unacceptable amount of time to spend on the air line especially in the middle of a battle.
2. More engaged refs. The refs seemed disinterested and lackadaisical. I witnessed paint check calls go unanswered and players playing on/wiping mere feet from referees. (I do however exempt the ref in the black/white striped jersey who I also saw running around and making calls)
3. Put some bunkers on that air ball field for the big game. The last game of the day all the red team had to hide behind were 2 snake knuckles and a bunker sitting in the middle of the field. A few air bull bunkers or thrown up doors could have helped a bit.

I really like Cousin's fields, especially for regular woods ball play. Address the air fill/reffing issues and I think the big game could be a regular occurence.

PC United

www.quickshotpaintball.com
solarstorm66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2013, 03:52 PM #65
GODZ_SHADOW
STAY HOSTILE!!!

GODZ_SHADOW owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
GODZ_SHADOW plays in the APPA D4 division
GODZ_SHADOW supports Ninja Paintball
GODZ_SHADOW supports Empire
i had fun yesterday. the only problem i had and its common with everyone else's post, was the reffing. i saw 2 refs actually doing their jobs and busting their hump. the others did not care at all about what was going on and did not know the rules of what was in or out of bounds. i didnt let the reffing ruin my fun though. i loved the field and i thought the teams were very even. i thought it was awesome playing with BDM like always and Blackout Protocol, it was great to finally play with and meet you guys. it was nice to also play against disposable and the undertakers, you guys make unpredictable and awesome enemies.
until next time everybody
STAY HOSTILE!!!!!

GEARBAG SALE
GODZ_SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:39 PM #66
Diomedes
Nerd

First video is up, many more to follow:
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
DarwinZDF42 <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My PBN feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:34 PM #67
SlamSlayer
NYMP Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2riser View Post
I hate to tear down a field, especially since I have always had such a good time at Cousins in Manchester, NJ. I spoke to management at least 3 times and nothing changed.

My 2 most ridiculous interactions with the refs were.....

After screaming at one ref 10 times to come check my back, the first thing he says to me was, "Did he see it break?" (AS HE WIPES A SHOT FROM MY PACK AND THE BACK OF MY LEG) "Just go back in."

SERIOUSLY??????

Another ref told a player it was ok to stick his gun through the black netting and shoot. When the other team contested, the ref said, "I guess you can't do that." DUH!!

I'm sorry but, these stories could not be held back. These are just in addition to the two gentleman above and like I said, only my two most ridiculous experiences. Unfortunately, there were more.
Haha that was me. The net shooter. I was SO aggravated the way the speedball field was. It was a literal meat grinder. We, the red team, only had the SNAKE for cover. While they had one little bunker dead center and everyone in the tree line right behind them. The hole in the net was RIGHT there. So I ASKED the Red if it was legal. He said, yeah sure I guess. As soon as I hit the 3 blue members stacked behind the bunker and they started protesting, he was like nvm. I guess that was you yelling at him to learn the rules than right?

This field has been my home field for ages, only by default as it's the easiest and closest to get to without a car. But the staff is ABYSMAL. Rarely do you get a good Ref who actually cares. I was having marker problems all day from the cold, the tech looked at it and seemed to get fed up from not being able to fix it. He said oh I think its the hoses, but I don't have any left. So I told him I did and he seemed so disappointed to have to work on it now. He told me if I took it apart, he would fix it and put it back together. I took it apart, he pretended to fix it and told me ok I've got other things to do so have fun putting it back together.....
SlamSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:09 AM #68
Rob Ritter

They must miss having me there!

Cousins Paintball,

Aren't You The Guy From The Hamburger Train?
Rob Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:42 AM #69
Diomedes
Nerd

The complete playlist. The second half is better than the first.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
DarwinZDF42 <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My PBN feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups