PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-19-2012, 10:32 AM #1
cubzwin162

Post SPUMP: A few questions.

Hi everyone!
I have an old Spyder Xtra from 2005-2006.
I'm interesting in converting it into a Spump as a project over holiday break.
I saw the Pbreview thread, but I had a few questions:

1: Is there any complete pump kit I can buy that will function properly with my marker?

2: Is there an updated guide I can use?

Thanks!
cubzwin162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2012, 02:26 PM #2
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubzwin162 View Post
Hi everyone!
I have an old Spyder Xtra from 2005-2006.
I'm interesting in converting it into a Spump as a project over holiday break.
I saw the Pbreview thread, but I had a few questions:

1: Is there any complete pump kit I can buy that will function properly with my marker? I believe the Trilogy Pump kits worked, but those have been discontinued.

2: Is there an updated guide I can use? Look here: Vike's Spump Guide

Thanks!
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:32 PM #3
junits15

Any trillogy pump kit will work, I have no idea what this guy ^ is talking about but you can get one off ans. The only modding you have to do is connecting the pump arm to the bolt (not the hammer).

Easiest way to do this is call up azodin and order a kaos pump slotted striker. It's not *exactly* the same as a kingman striker, but it's close. The bolt will end up sitting into the breech a bit when it's cocked back. So the balls wont fall into the breech. All you have to do is cut about 1/4" off the bolt tip and it works fine. Then just play around with the springs to eliminate the farting.

If you have access to a mill mill a slot into the stock striker, then you won't have to cut the bolt. But I wouldn't try and grind the striker by hand, it's not impossible, just much more difficult than cutting the bolt.

OH also either get your barrel bored, or get a spyder freak barrel. The rollouts with the stock barrel will drive you nuts
junits15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:58 PM #4
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by junits15 View Post
Any trillogy pump kit will work, I have no idea what this guy ^ is talking about but you can get one off ans. The only modding you have to do is connecting the pump arm to the bolt (not the hammer).

Easiest way to do this is call up azodin and order a kaos pump slotted striker. It's not *exactly* the same as a kingman striker, but it's close. The bolt will end up sitting into the breech a bit when it's cocked back. So the balls wont fall into the breech. All you have to do is cut about 1/4" off the bolt tip and it works fine. Then just play around with the springs to eliminate the farting.

If you have access to a mill mill a slot into the stock striker, then you won't have to cut the bolt. But I wouldn't try and grind the striker by hand, it's not impossible, just much more difficult than cutting the bolt.

OH also either get your barrel bored, or get a spyder freak barrel. The rollouts with the stock barrel will drive you nuts
Didn't realize they still made the trilogy kits.

It's not all that hard to cut a slot in the striker. Just need a good cutting wheel.

If you're on a strict budget, you can use the nail polish/tape trick on your barrel to prevent roll outs.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:02 AM #5
junits15

Ah! I forgot about the nail polish mod, definitely do that instead of buying a freak setup. Much cheaper.
junits15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:33 PM #6
super_stanchy
the man with no plan

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
super_stanchy works for a Paintball manufacturer
super_stanchy plays in the PSP
super_stanchy supports Bob Gurnsey
super_stanchy plays in the APPA D5 division
the spump im building right now (almost done)

made from scratch valve stem (need one without the flat milled on it)
halfblocked
milled the striker (not too terrible to do in a mill )
freak bored the barrel
made a guide arm from scratch, but i wanna try one of my trilly to 2k+ adapters and see if i can put a standard wgp pump kit on it!

all thats left is a pump handle/sled/pump arm and she's done!

most of the stock spyder barrels make great freak bored barrels too... i've done a few in the past (inlcuding the one on my spump build)
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote