Yes 20 38.46%
No 32 61.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-12-2006, 03:41 PM #1
Plan B 13

has been a member for 10 years
Should Abortion Be illegal

I honesty think it should be because killing a human being is illeagal so killing things that are going to be humans should be illegal to. If you cant afford a baby then just put him on adoption.

Last edited by Plan B 13 : 12-12-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2006, 03:45 PM #2
Plan B 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadLock Doc View Post
Should interrogative statements end with question marks?
Yes they should.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:45 PM #3
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
Should Nabisco change the Oreo's cream color during halloween?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Old 12-12-2006, 03:53 PM #4
Underfunded
Autonomous

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Impulses View Post
The better political question is should they change it to red and green or blue?

I am in the middle on this one. I hear what both sides are saying, but...
Old 12-12-2006, 03:55 PM #5
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan B 13 View Post
I honesty think it should be because killing a human being is illeagal so killing things that are going to be humans should be illegal to.
Eventually its going to be human, for the time being it is just a mass of cells.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:56 PM #6
kjjm4
Liberty or Death

kjjm4 is a founding member
kjjm4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kjjm4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan B 13 View Post
I honesty think it should be because killing a human being is illeagal so killing things that are going to be humans should be illegal to. If you cant afford a baby then just put him on adoption.
That logic is flawed. If you believe that, turn yourself in, because you murder millions every time you wank it.
“A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-12-2006, 03:57 PM #7
d0cwh0
Mmm...Dorritos

d0cwh0 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
It is absolutely pointless and downright stupid to make abortion illegal, because in the end it will still happen no matter what, it was illegal before roe vs. wade and still many people did it. Putting a barricade on abortion will just make it more dangerous to get, you should keep it legal to protect women.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:58 PM #8
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underfunded View Post
The better political question is should they change it to red and green or blue?

I am in the middle on this one. I hear what both sides are saying, but...
I think blue is a more neutral and overall approved color. Is it any surprise that God on the 16th day of creation made the sky blue and decreed, "let their be Oreos?" I think not.

See the whole deal with this abortion thing is that it is morally wrong. Everyone knows that a baby is conceived before conception. As soon as the two bodies meet a women's body creates the fertilized egg, and everything is set in motion. This sexual harrasment ridiculousness is the real problem in all of this as it is the real abortionist, not some guy with some dull scissors and a coat hanger.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:05 PM #9
d0cwh0
Mmm...Dorritos

d0cwh0 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
So your basically just going to put aside the thousands of emergency room cases that occured after women sought an abortion before roe vs. wade...secondly it's not your choice to make for somebody, hence why it's called pro-choice, also allowing you to choose your own beliefs, hence it's inferred in the constitution that we have the freedom of choice, hence a conservative supreme court understood this and delivered probably the most correct decision in roe vs. wade
Old 12-12-2006, 04:08 PM #10
Underfunded
Autonomous

Quote:
I think blue is a more neutral and overall approved color. Is it any surprise that God on the 16th day of creation made the sky blue and decreed, "let their be Oreos?" I think not.
The blue is a reference to Hanukkah. Blue is the normal color associated with Judism.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:09 PM #11
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underfunded View Post
The blue is a reference to Hanukkah. Blue is the normal color associated with Judism.
And Demoncrats. Connection? nah...

Old 12-12-2006, 04:10 PM #12
Silence
BLUAWAGABA

Quote:
Everyone knows that a baby is conceived before conception.
Heh.

As for abortion, yes, it should be legal. People have been getting them since forever and society has yet to implode. I do find it ironic that our lovable small-government pundits are willing to increase government power if it fits their religion, but anything done for Jesus just isn't hypocrisy.

Example: Why would making guns illegal be a waste of time?
Old 12-12-2006, 04:15 PM #13
sKum
I like Catbert Again

If abortion is murder than every guy who jacks off is technically a serial killer
Old 12-12-2006, 04:21 PM #14
chae

Quote:
They do change it to orange.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:24 PM #15
graysonp
Me = Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKum View Post
If abortion is murder than every guy who jacks off is technically a serial killer
I disagree. I believe that once a child is concieved, you have a human life. You do not have life before the sperm hits the egg. In my opinion, I think that abortion is killing an innocent child. And I think that it should be outlawed. My only compromise would be the morning after pill. I think that it should be legal, and available over the counter so that even rape cases don't have to worry about getting pregnant. In this case, all you need is a little personal responsibility and you can prevent 99.9% of unwanted pregnancies. And no abortions are needed.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:24 PM #16
disinformation

christian america has some of the most liberal abortion laws.

i'm blowing my own mind at this point.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:27 PM #17
chae

Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonp View Post
I disagree. I believe that once a child is concieved, you have a human life. You do not have life before the sperm hits the egg. In my opinion, I think that abortion is killing an innocent child. And I think that it should be outlawed. My only compromise would be the morning after pill. I think that it should be legal, and available over the counter so that even rape cases don't have to worry about getting pregnant. In this case, all you need is a little personal responsibility and you can prevent 99.9% of unwanted pregnancies. And no abortions are needed.
He was joking btw.

The mornign after pill is still killing an "unborn child". So you cannot have it both ways.

Abortion is none of your concern unless you are directly involved. This is the problem with our society. Other than general agreement like murder, rape and crimes of this nature, people want to push their beliefs on everyone else.

Abortion is not going to be made illegal anytime in the near future.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:29 PM #18
berry_wendel
I WILL RULE YOU!!!

berry_wendel is playing at Living Legends III
berry_wendel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
berry_wendel supports Team VICIOUS
berry_wendel is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I voted yes to piss people off
Old 12-12-2006, 04:35 PM #19
graysonp
Me = Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chae View Post
He was joking btw.

The mornign after pill is still killing an "unborn child". So you cannot have it both ways.

Abortion is none of your concern unless you are directly involved. This is the problem with our society. Other than general agreement like murder, rape and crimes of this nature, people want to push their beliefs on everyone else.

Abortion is not going to be made illegal anytime in the near future.
I realize there was sarcasm, but it was a good segway into making my point.

I said the morning after pill was my compromise. Conception can actually occur up to 72 hours after sex, because sperm travels fairly slowly and can take up to 3 days to reach the egg before dying. So the morning after pill isn't ALWAYS after conception. Sometimes, conception doesn't even occur. Either way, I still think it is a fair compromise to allow the morning after pill.
Believe it or not, I don't see politics as being about pleasing one side. It's about finding a compromise that everyone can agree with. You obviously can't please everyone.

And abortion is the same as anything else. It doesn't matter if you're directly involved or not. If you think abortion is ending a human life, then obviously, it's the same as murder or manslaughter. So it is a decision that should be made by the courts. Outlawing abortion is not pushing your beliefs on someone any more than outlawing murder or theft is pushing beliefs on someone.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:36 PM #20
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Ok, so if you don't have any personal responsibility, what now? Keep the child as a punishment? Why let it live a ****ed up life when it could be safely and painlessly killed before it could experience anything, thus hardly living any sort of life.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:38 PM #21
chae

Quote:
Believe it or not, I don't see politics as being about pleasing one side. It's about finding a compromise that everyone can agree with. You obviously can't please everyone.

And abortion is the same as anything else. It doesn't matter if you're directly involved or not. If you think abortion is ending a human life, then obviously, it's the same as murder or manslaughter. So it is a decision that should be made by the courts. Outlawing abortion is not pushing your beliefs on someone any more than outlawing murder or theft is pushing beliefs on someone.
A middle ground has already been reached. Thus why it is LEGAL. Just because you call it murder, more than likely due to a religious background, does not make it murder.

Outlawing abortion is pushing your beliefs on someone. Since no one can be exactely sure when life actually begins, brain function = life, then your are pushing your beliefs that life begins at conception. Last I checked a single cell, or a few cells does not equal life in the human form.