^ I've shot both too and I chose disruptives over furious for quietness
tekniqu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2012, 04:19 PM #23
ion_phantom
#mynameisbubbaa

plays in the NXL
Yes but for the price difference I would go with Furious.
ion_phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:48 PM #24
t0ph3r89
DPF

has been a member for 10 years
t0ph3r89 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion_phantom View Post
Yes but for the price difference I would go with Furious.
Price difference? Looking at some of the Furious dealers on PbN, Disruptive's Deathtouch barrel is less expensive.
t0ph3r89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:29 PM #25
ion_phantom
#mynameisbubbaa

plays in the NXL
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3886474
$180 - 4 backs 2 tips and case
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3730351
$180 - 4 backs 1 tip
ion_phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:42 PM #26
t0ph3r89
DPF

t0ph3r89 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion_phantom View Post
I really have no idea where you're getting your prices from, but:
http://www.disruptiveproductsinc.com...Kit_p/4001.htm for $150, 4 backs, 2 tips, case.

Versus your link posted for Furious, 4 backs, 1 tip, no case, for $160. Pretty cut and dry where the better value is.
t0ph3r89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:41 AM #27
Mr Idiot Box
Stock Classy

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
It all depends on the marker. I had a Sly on my ego and it was terrible. On a spoolie it was a lot better. So you best bet to find what you're looking for is to try a bunch of different ones. I know a lot of people that have been playing a while use the UL on everything they shoot.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:03 AM #28
Harribo

Probably because the spoolie is already quiet compared to the Ego. Ego is one of the loudest guns in my opinion. So you probably went from the loudest marker to one of the quietest markers (just guessing here).

What kind of spoolie was it? The disruptive is quiet on anything really. It can quiet down an Ego alot. Same is the furious in my experience.
Harribo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:10 AM #29
Mr Idiot Box
Stock Classy

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harribo View Post
Probably because the spoolie is already quiet compared to the Ego. Ego is one of the loudest guns in my opinion. So you probably went from the loudest marker to one of the quietest markers (just guessing here).

What kind of spoolie was it? The disruptive is quiet on anything really. It can quiet down an Ego alot. Same is the furious in my experience.
Agreed but on the ego the sly made it worse. However on the geo it helped. So my point is it depends on the marker you are using it on. I have no experience with the DP furious barrel so I can't say. They do look nice. Looks like a cross between a UL back and shaft4 tip and they are reasonably priced.

From my experience the UL is still the Go to barrel. I was amazed at the difference it made on my Geo2. I'm now using a set of CF boomsticks for my D.A.R.T'ed CSL with fantastic results, but they are far from cheep. But the Standard UL is just as good imo.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:50 AM #30
Harribo

Yes good point there mr, but when a person use a very quiet barrel (Lots of porting) like the Disruptive or any other, the marker will be quiet down regardless of spoolie or poppet - as long as it has more porting then the stock barrel.

I guess the Sly is not the quietest option out there, but i can't say as i have not shot a Sly barrel. All i know is the Disruptive and furious will quiet down any marker, that beeing Ego's, DM's Bob longs or anything else.

And yes, the UL is a nice barrel indeed, but there are quieter and cheaper options out there.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:50 AM #31
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D4 division
This thread convinced me to get a disruptive barrel.

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:12 PM #32
danssoslow

If anyone here has a Disruptive barrel in the Louisville, KY area; and would like to a/b this against an Alpha double Inception/Typhoon combo this weekend; give me a pm.

Hell, I'm down to try any barrel in fact. It would be a fun project. I really need to get a dB meter. :-(
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:15 PM #33
NJEmortal
weR1

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
NJEmortal posts videos on PbNation
NJEmortal plays in the APPA D4 division
Gentlemen, as of right now, I have quite a few barrels. I want to do a comparison video for everyone

I'll be doing this with the Clone GT, and G6R.

Barrels included will be:
  • Lucky15
  • CFBoom Stick
  • DeadlyWind
  • Disruptive Death Touch
  • Sly Pro Merc Diesel
  • Furious Lotus
  • Freak with AA tip

I'm going to try to match the bores as closely as possible.

Any thoughts or anything specific you'd like to see?

Here's a video I've already done:
NJEmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:26 PM #34
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D4 division
I am going to watch your video now but just some suggestions.

Shoot the video from next to the person shooting as well as from about 15 or so feet away in front. Do shots with them all at 280 - 300 fps but also do without changing the pressure. This way we can see which is most efficient by which shows the highest velocity. Obviously try to get them all with the most similar bore size. I think .688/.689 would be easiest to get for all barrels. It is nice to see everything in a long vid because people always want to accuse people of somehow editing a video but also at the end edit to just the streams of each barrel so you can hear back to back. Shooting on one gun should be enough. I wold do the clone only because poppets are so loud you may hear the bolt over the barrel.

Also the more barrels the better but if it takes way to long stick to the super common popular barrels people want to see like
[*]DeadlyWind[*]Disruptive deathtouch [*]Furious Lotus[*]Freak with AA

And try to get a regular aluminum ultralite. Can't wait to see the results.

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:05 PM #35
HarryBalzak

HarryBalzak is a Supporting Member
Great job on the video NJEmortal. I agree with the DW recommendation. Greatest barrel I have owned. There isn't anything I don't like about it. It's also my go to barrel. I own a Macdev shift kit, Lucky 15 kit and several UL's,.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:03 PM #36
NJEmortal
weR1

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx18 View Post
I am going to watch your video now but just some suggestions.

Shoot the video from next to the person shooting as well as from about 15 or so feet away in front. Do shots with them all at 280 - 300 fps but also do without changing the pressure. This way we can see which is most efficient by which shows the highest velocity. Obviously try to get them all with the most similar bore size. I think .688/.689 would be easiest to get for all barrels. It is nice to see everything in a long vid because people always want to accuse people of somehow editing a video but also at the end edit to just the streams of each barrel so you can hear back to back. Shooting on one gun should be enough. I wold do the clone only because poppets are so loud you may hear the bolt over the barrel.

Also the more barrels the better but if it takes way to long stick to the super common popular barrels people want to see like
[*]DeadlyWind[*]Disruptive deathtouch [*]Furious Lotus[*]Freak with AA

And try to get a regular aluminum ultralite. Can't wait to see the results.
Thank you for the recommendations, I'll try my best to incorporate all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBalzak View Post
Great job on the video NJEmortal. I agree with the DW recommendation. Greatest barrel I have owned. There isn't anything I don't like about it. It's also my go to barrel. I own a Macdev shift kit, Lucky 15 kit and several UL's,.
Thank you very much! I've also had UL's, Shift Kit, Hammerheads, Sly Diesel and Sly Dual Carbon, Furious, Lucky15 and un1tec, CP, OTP high precision, Kaner, DW, J&J, CFBoomsticks... DW is the one to beat in my opinion for over all performance.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:34 PM #37
HarryBalzak

HarryBalzak is a Supporting Member
In your video, I would like the see a edit of all the barrels on the same gun, same bore, same paint at 20feet in front of the gun one after the other. You can just say the name of the barrel just before you shoot, or have the kid holding the camera do it. Try not to hit anything so we don't hear the paintballs hitting a tree or anything. This way, we can compare apples to apples and see if there is a sound/loudness difference by listening to them all under the same circumstances one after the other without interruption.

Looking forward to what you come up with.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:22 AM #38
NJEmortal
weR1

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBalzak View Post
In your video, I would like the see a edit of all the barrels on the same gun, same bore, same paint at 20feet in front of the gun one after the other. You can just say the name of the barrel just before you shoot, or have the kid holding the camera do it. Try not to hit anything so we don't hear the paintballs hitting a tree or anything. This way, we can compare apples to apples and see if there is a sound/loudness difference by listening to them all under the same circumstances one after the other without interruption.

Looking forward to what you come up with.
I have a spot picked out where you won't be able to hear the balls hit anything. It's hard up here in Jersey, practically building on top of each other here

I'll do a raw footage video, as well as an edited version. That way you'll be able so see the barrels actually swapping, no adjustments made
Old 11-13-2012, 06:33 PM #39
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJEmortal View Post
I'll do a raw footage video, as well as an edited version. That way you'll be able so see the barrels actually swapping, no adjustments made
But if you don't make adjustments you might not have all barrels shooting the same speed.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:00 PM #40
Harribo

If the bore sizes are the same, it shouldnt be too much variation. But maybe if you could shoot them first without changing the pressure of the gun, and then change the pressure to the same fps between barrels if that's even necessary.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:36 PM #41
CleanSweep
Venom of SOVA

CleanSweep owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CleanSweep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
My Stiffi C6 is very quiet on my Geo 3.
CleanSweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:41 PM #42
NJEmortal
weR1

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
But if you don't make adjustments you might not have all barrels shooting the same speed.
I didn't consider this... I was going to try to get them as close as I can regarding bore, but I'll chrono after changing each barrel just to see any increase/decrease. I still don't think I should make any adjustments though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harribo View Post
If the bore sizes are the same, it shouldnt be too much variation. But maybe if you could shoot them first without changing the pressure of the gun, and then change the pressure to the same fps between barrels if that's even necessary.
I'd love to make the changes, but we're talking about A LOT of paint and air. Especially if I do this with a spoolie and a poppet.