Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-21-2010, 05:41 PM #1
mclothier

Adrenalin Imp

i took out my Adrenalin Imp yesterday to my local field. originally i had it set at about 140psi, but had to kick it down to about 115-120psi, which i thought was very low, but it was consistent over the chrono (280-290fps range). it was not warm (65 degrees) and i was using HPA. btw im running a NDZ rip valve, NDZ stainless heavy hammer, NDZ equalizer bolt (5inch), NDZ slik shot, and stock ram housing, and i was getting between 500-700 shots on my 47/3000 steelie. so i guess my question is it normal for an imp with those aforementioned upgrades to run that low and efficiently? and no i do not have an LPR! pics of said marker (just for gun whoring purposes):

btw, i think the check valve that comes stock on the adrenalins might have something to do with it...
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2010, 06:11 PM #2
msonic
one case one kill

Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
There are a plethora of Imp owners with NDZ internals that run near or at that low PSI. All it means, is you have a great setup, or your gauge is off.

msonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:19 PM #3
J. Thompson #5150
Now with 20% more AWESOME

J. Thompson #5150 donated to help Peyton Trent
J. Thompson #5150 supports Team VICIOUS
Yeah, people thought it was crazy that I was running my Imp as low as I was. 110psi input, 85psi LPR, 6ms dwell. I didn't even believe it until I tested my regs with a digital gauge.
J. Thompson #5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:09 PM #4
mclothier

this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... the gauge is brand new, so the gun is definitely at 115-120psi. i forgot that these guns came with the check valves which operate as an LPR of some sort (not too sure on the physics of this) but i am glad i can now squeeze as much as i can out of my 47/3000. and boy is it smooth and quiet.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:37 PM #5
samuelkeesee12

I've had 7 Impulses I can think of from the top af my head and they operated anywhere between 110-150. I also had an Adrenalin with no LPR and I kept it on a short dwell and never had to turn it above 130 psi to get good velocity. It had the ss hammer but the stock firing assembly with a PE high flow valve. Impulses were (are) great guns with great efficiency, consistancy, and accuracy. Everyone talks like they're huge or something, but take out the 1/2 inch tall board tray and they are no bigger than the guns on the market today iff you got a pl Impulse thats milled down a little.
samuelkeesee12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:16 PM #6
mclothier

back when i was in high school (7 yrs ago) i had a stock bodied vision impulse and i had the whole evil line and aka sidewinder, and i was running it at 140psi, so when i took out my adrenalin this past weekend, 115psi seemed a bit low, but i had no problems whatsoever, and it was super consistent. i knew i made the right choice going back to the impulse... and whoever says theyre too bulky or heavy, by today's standards yes, but since i just got back into paintball, these guns still rock in my opinion. thanks for the responses guys.