Community Focus

Old 10-02-2007, 05:59 PM #1
SoCalSmErf
Go for the Throat!!!

has been a member for 10 years
SoCalSmErf donated to help Peyton Trent
SoCalSmErf supports Bob Gurnsey
Commin From SoCal to Ft. Hood

Yeah basicaly as it says Im use to playin some hard **** down at Raza with Todd and Aftermath. Want to know if there is anything up to Par around Ft. Hood.
West Coast Dominance #75
Proudly Sponsored By: APX GEAR
Viva La Raza
"When life gives you lemons, just say **** the lemons and bail"
RAZA | FaceBook |Old Feedback +4-0
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2007, 08:35 AM #2
the5ilenced

i was only at hood for about a month and a half before we deployed... the closest i could find was up in Waco. Kileen itself just sux..... hard
Old 10-03-2007, 10:44 AM #3
RAs4life

No, there is not. There used to be a field at Belton Lake close to White Flint Park but it closed down years ago. Awesome wooded 10 man fields back in the day. There was also a field at BLORA, but I think it may be closed down, too. There is also a field in Copperas Cove, but I don't know anything about it. Closest good field is Waco at PowerPlay (about 45-60 min. away). Don't go to the other field in Waco. It is called Gizmo Guru's. More like Ghetto Guru's. PowerPlay should be fine on Sundays, but if you want some real competition, you need to drive to Maximum (formerly known as the Realm) in San Marcos (between Austin and San Antonio). It is the home field of pro team X-Factor. From Ft. Hood it is probably 1.5-2.5 hours away, depending on Austin traffic. Closer to 1 hr 45 min to 2 hours probably. Austin traffic sucks, but it isn't usually bad at all on Sundays. If you want, I can get you the address to the Maximum field. It is right off I-35, you can't miss it. They only have a couple of airball fields up right now, but they are building more. It is geared more for tourney players, but rec is welcome, too. Post over in the X-Factor team forum for more info. They practice against some of the other pro teams there.

The rest of the good fields are in the DFW area. There is some good competition there as well, Fun on the Run, Xdrenaline Zone are just two of the good fields in DFW. There are several more. Houston has Tank's which is a good field. A lot of Amateur teams come out of DFW and Houston. Texas Storm, one of the oldest teams in the country, is still based out of DFW, I think.

For most serious players in Texas, you have to drive a long way to go to a good field. Unless you luck out and live close to one, but I never have. I've traveled for several hours for practices every week or two, back in the day. Sucks and contributes to burnout, but you get used to it. Welcome to Texas.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:27 AM #4
the5ilenced

BLORA is closed... well was closed when i was there. PowerPlay is nice, and well worth the drive.

The Realm is awesome!!! Its a bit of a drive for you but definitely worth it. On top of that its pretty easy to find... right off 35 as if you were heading to SA. 24 more days and ill be back to play!
Old 10-03-2007, 05:03 PM #5
Tetsusaiga

Outlaw in Pflugerville(North east Austin) isn't that bad either, played there last year. Alot of the guys that did not usually play there were amazed that there was actually grass on the field
Old 10-03-2007, 05:37 PM #6
lairdboy08

has been a member for 10 years
lairdboy08 supports Shocker RSX
ya basically u would want to make the trip up to Austin... Powerplay is an alright field, and is where i practice but not near as many good players as Maximum
Old 10-07-2007, 01:58 AM #7
ilikedye

there is also manditory fun in killeen on veterns memorial. its indoor. close quarters. its pretty fun. pm me and i'll give you my number. i almost live there. its pretty fun.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:58 AM #8
the5ilenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikedye View Post
there is also manditory fun in killeen on veterns memorial. its indoor. close quarters. its pretty fun. pm me and i'll give you my number. i almost live there. its pretty fun.
thats the place in that semi-run downed looking strip mall right? Ive also been wanting to check that out. Whats the story with that place?
Old 10-07-2007, 09:28 AM #9
ilikedye

yea that where it is. its pretty good the people are mad chill. slippery at times they have saw dust on the ground. but playable. not to expensive either. going there today.