PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-28-2005, 05:36 PM #1
Baal3

My thoughts on Copying

I have been reading a lot of these post about our new gun sponser(system x) and every other one is about how all they do is copy. But if you take a close look at all of our industrys products very few people are actually doing inovative things. Intimdators, impulses, bushys, nmes, and nearly every other single solinode gun works nearly identically. Matrixs, dm4s, shockers all work off of the same principals. People need to stop and think before they shout out that a new gun is just another carbon copy of another, because almost all of the guns even coming out are nothing revoultionary. The only truly original design I have seen and that is The Alien, and who wants to shoot that. People should base their veiws and oppions on personal experience and what the companeis are trying to do. Yah it is cool to argue about what guns are better or whether or not one gun shoot like another. But when all some has to say about something new is some ignorant Sh*t like "oh thats just a rip off of another gun." it is just close minded and kills competition bettween companies. Yah there is tons of style produced by marketing that comes along with each one, and that is were I feel system x has fallen short in the past few years, but that is all going to change with acquistion of avalanche. These were just some of my thoughts as I sit here, feel free to telll me I am wrong or if you have another opion I would gladly talk more about this.
Josh.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2005, 05:39 PM #2
PEdmonds
'Cuse

has been a member for 10 years
I THINK THAT THE SYSTEM X'S ARE SWEET LOOKIN AND THEY RIP :o

OLD PBN FEEDBACK
Old 01-28-2005, 05:42 PM #3
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!

Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
Duffy will be doing some stuff. He has invented many things throughout his days at KAPP. Look at the 15 degree, the reflex frame, and countless other proto's that never made it to market. I think having lanche with system-x is going to make things interesting. We will see. Good luck boys.

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Old 01-28-2005, 05:46 PM #4
PEdmonds
'Cuse

^^^^Yea waht he said

Kick *** this year

OLD PBN FEEDBACK
Old 01-28-2005, 09:41 PM #5
DM4paul
Im all right...

DM4paul is a Supporting Member
I dont think it matters what Avalanche uses, they are going to kill anyways.

•My feedback 21+•

PBWAREHOUSE

PPJM FAN CLUB MEMBER #6
Old 01-28-2005, 09:45 PM #6
pimpness1026

Quote:
Originally posted by DM4paul
I dont think it matters what Avalanche uses, they are going to kill anyways.
QFT. The NME's are a hot ticket though.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:17 PM #7
Tayla (Banned)

NMe's, ego's, and freestyles. the most under rated guns on the market...and all will be used next year
Old 01-28-2005, 11:35 PM #8
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE
Playoffs??? PLAYOFFS!!??

AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is a Supporting Member
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE plays in the PSP
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is Boss
i just picked up an nd fs for myself...

my old feedback 100% positive
Old 01-29-2005, 04:52 PM #9
Richy

heres a new innovative gun

http://p082.ezboard.com/findianacapt...ID=4 03.topic
Old 01-29-2005, 09:13 PM #10
Baal3

wow that thing is uhhhh.... different.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:36 PM #11
matrixman55

sx is by far one of the best companies out there.
and no, they dont copy, they improve. copying is like what NPS did with the icon and stuff...
when you get a group of the best people in the industry for a specific marker together, point out th flaws, and work out as many as possible, then market what you have done...your just plain old smart
Old 01-30-2005, 10:03 PM #12
hobbes01721

hobbes01721 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hobbes01721 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
There are a lot of copies out there, yes, but those are what the industry is based off of. Personally, I can't think of another way (other than the Evolt, which will be making it's way to my field sooner or later, and then I can judge it) to make a marker fire other than open or closed bolt. I say more power to them, because while all guns are built off of similar principles (matrix and shocker, all those others you mentioned), they all function differently and they all give the player pros in one area and cons in another. It's just like owning a car. Engines, from what I've seen (I'm not a huge car fanatic), can either be 4-12 cylinder (I'm sure there's more somewhere) or rotary. All the rest of the upgrades or features the cars have were put on. Some cars have sunroofs, but no side airbags. Some have airbags, but no sunroofs. I think that while we need to encourage manufacturers to come out with something completely new, for now I am comfortable shooting my nerve, which may be a copy of another gun, but it works good by my standards.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:21 AM #13
Baal3

you bring up alot of good points, our industry does primarly revolve around improving what is already out there. Also to support people who are innovating usually comes in the form of money. i.e. buying product. Yet so often I see people flaming new or different things because they don't like it or are so completely sold on what is already out there. And then for these same people to demand companies to be innovative is quite contractdictory. Mostly I was just mad at people yelling out "copy copy" when what they use is a copy of an older idea it just happens to be what is hot at the moment.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:44 PM #14
Cash Money Allstar
East Side Resider

plays in the NXL
Cash Money Allstar plays in the MiLP
Cash Money Allstar plays in the APPA D4 division
even though i dont like the nme, im not gonna slam it. if u think about it, the matrix was the last truly unique gun introduced in 01 i think. u know the nme is timmy clone so is the ego, and the freestyle is the same spool valve type gun as the matrix. only thing i dont really like about system x is when they came out with the vengance and said it wasnt a cocker clone. but we have to look back at the originators of ripping off other peoples designs, 32 degrees. they took everything from packs to drop forwards, re did them and sold them for cheaper.

Allen Booth/WF Marines - RIP
Columbus State University - Alumni

October 2011 "Angel of the Month" - 2006 Angel GAT
Old 01-31-2005, 01:00 PM #15
gangachange186

lol Baal3 you said,

"The only truly original design I have seen and that is The Alien, and who wants to shoot that."

that is why companys jsut keep improvign the products that they are selling. I dont blame you those aliens are expencive and ugly imo
Old 02-01-2005, 12:26 PM #16
{o(-_-)0}
pro baller

nme is by far the best product put out by system x to date. I was under the impression that system x has another marker that will most likely be from the matrix type family, or has that been pushed back?

Anyhow, the 05 under armour is great, as is the new direction the company is headed.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:22 PM #17
Dp_Factory_Man

Well, you guys should look at the new evil minion when that craxy ***** gets relesed. Its so fast, it shatters the bolt, so all they have to do is slow it down, and produce it.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:54 PM #18
monkeyblast

the guys i play with i think are going to be systemX factory team for nov. and their nme's rip, super easy to shoot at 16bps and its easy to keep it there.. i think the guns are dope. There are some things i would change, but what gun out there doesnt need something changed,.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:46 PM #19
worrcokr

My teammate has an NME, and it RIPS!!!!!!!!!!!! Very easy to rip on, and he shoots faces all day with it.
The more companies out ther that make good products, the better, cuz that means more competition, and lower prices for the end users, the un sponsored teams that have to pay full retail price!!
Just my .02

Iron like a LION in ZION
Old 02-03-2005, 08:42 AM #20
hobbes01721

hobbes01721 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hobbes01721 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sorry I haven't been able to get to this thread, but I read your reply, and I agree with you, people should take a look at the product and actually maybe USE it once or twice before they decide whether it's a good or bad gun. I've used a lot of guns out there, everywhere from piranahas to the nerve (including impulse, the b2k, 3 different types of autocockers, matrixes the list goes on and on), and I'll admit it, I'm a little wary of spending upwards of $1000 on a new concept that may not even go big or work efficiently, but if there was a rental system set in place, were people rented guns out for a nominal fee, I would definitely try it.

EDIT: Worrcockr, I definitely agree with you, I think that any day a company wants to lower their prices is a good day for us non-sponsored guys.

Last edited by hobbes01721 : 02-03-2005 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:10 AM #21
pbmadness21

I agree with most high end guns fall into about 3 categories or so like dm4 matrix and shocker and timmy and nme ect... so i dont see a problem with it i think its a nice marker