Community Focus

Old 09-21-2009, 03:24 PM #1
_slash_1
yup, im "that" one....

has been a member for 10 years
_slash_1 plays in the USPL
_slash_1 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
My review of Dye NT after its first tournament.....

Alright folks, I thought since it was such a new gun, and how a lot of people are probably considering buying one, that I would post what I thought of the new dye NT 10 after playing an event with it. I'm no pro player or anything, just an honest guy writing an honest review. My name is Nic, I run a field in Vancouver as well as have worked as a airsmith for Badlands Paintball van, and Paintballgear.ca van. I know my way around a paintball gun is basically what I'm saying. I am totally unbiased as I have owned and enjoyed pretty much every electro after the 2k2 angel LCD.

I attended the paintball extravaganza event last week in Atlanta as part of the paintballgear.ca posse. Took the course by dye and billy wing and received the gun. It was burning a hole in my suitcase. Although I hadn't planned on it, when the PBrack guys asked if I wanted to play the BCPPL e3 @ My Paintball field I was stoked. We got home to Vancouver at about 3am on Saturday morning (the day of the event)

THE FIRST TIME I AIRED IT UP
During the whole extravaganza there was No HPA that I could see. This was probably cause the hotel didn't want some yahoos shooting guns in one of the banquet rooms. Fair enough, but it made me kind of nervous knowing that the first time I would air this gun up would be about an hour before taking the field.
Upon airing it up Saturday morning, there were no leaks. I did however notice a problem with massive shootdown. After about 5 mins of trial and error, I found the problem to be the stock asa. My thoughts are that the asa was tested on throttle tanks, and my pure energy's tank pin must have been bottoming out. A quick switch of the asa and she was good to go. I'm sure this will be fixed asap, I was wanting to use the gun so I took a hybrid Asa off of my Edge and used that.

FIRST TIME IN CHRONO
Like I said, I aired this gun up for the first time an hour before Game 1 of my Division. In the chrono with stock UL barrel and formula 13/marballizer paint I was shooting 288, 289, 288.... Pretty consistent I'd say. After about a minute I was swarmed with kids asking if they could hold it.

GAMES
So my team the ambush army takes to the field. We have never played as a complete unit, so we dont know what to expect. I am a corner/back player so I was in charge of laning off the break. I not only shot, but destroyed buddy going to my mirror. This gun shot a steady rope of paint. As the day went on, The gun went on without so much as a hiccup. No broken balls, barrel breach or otherwise. Not to mention we were shooting some pretty brittle paint. not bad for a brand new gun.
One thing I have to say about playing with this gun is how small it is. With my setup NT, w empire 56ci tank and prophecy, the gun was soooooo light, that It did not effect my running at all. I could run and slide as if I wasn't dealing with this bulky piece of aluminum. Very sleek.
The gun also has a very distinct sound signature. I am totally deaf in one ear, as well as only have about 60% hearing in my other ear. With this gun I can be railing paint, and still hear calls that my team is making. Not really important for most people but something that might matter quite a bit to some. Deaf guy approved lol. Might appeal to the bushball crowd that likes to stay hidden as well.
As far as efficiency goes, best spool valve I have ever shot (less my old pushbutton evloved LED matrix haha) I was shooting about 4 pods and a hopper or so per game, and never left the field with less than half a tank of air. By my math, that's a lot of paintballs per 56/4500.

FINAL VERDICT
The gun shot great all day. What more could u ask for. Considering how notoriously plagued with problems the first runs of guns usually are, I was amazed how this one had nothing on any significance. We had 2 of these guns on our team, and we ended up making it to finals. Eventually we won the event and free entry and paint at USPL Vegas. Hopefully it will see another good tournament there.

I hope this helps anyone thinking of buying one of these guns.
_slash_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2009, 03:34 PM #2
red4
Sherman Reynolds

red4 is BST Trusted
 plays in the NXL
red4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
red4 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
good review...i used mine this past saturday in a small scenario game and had no issues other than the ASA bit. shooting pmi/rps premium...at 285-290 56/45 empire tank filling to 4K...was shooting 5 dye 160 round pods and full rotor (about a half case) with about 1500 psi left over. very accurate, consistent and efficient. def a gun worth looking into if you have the $$$...BTW congrats on the event and GL at Vegas
Old 09-21-2009, 03:52 PM #3
WldWzl
Limp Gawd

Great write-up, thank you. Interesting to hear about how much luck you had with the larger stock bore, considering how much credit people put into under boring these days for accuracy and efficiency.
WldWzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:00 PM #4
red4
Sherman Reynolds

red4 is BST Trusted
 plays in the NXL
red4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
red4 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WldWzl View Post
Interesting to hear about how much luck you had with the larger stock bore, considering how much credit people put into under boring these days for accuracy and efficiency.
not sure you can call it a larger stock bore...the stock UL is .688 vs most other guns coming with a stock .693 bore. that is what i shot on mine this weekend and had no issues with accuracy or efficiency. ball on ball shots and the efficiency was pretty much par for what has been released maybe a little better.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:02 PM #5
WldWzl
Limp Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by red4 View Post
not sure you can call it a larger stock bore...the stock UL is .688 vs most other guns coming with a stock .693 bore. that is what i shot on mine this weekend and had no issues with accuracy or efficiency. ball on ball shots and the efficiency was pretty much par for what has been released maybe a little better.
Hrm I must be asleep still, for some reason I thought the UL was .693, cool.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:08 PM #6
Spazdoc

Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc supports our troops
Thanks for the categorized review. It reassures me to some degree that the gun is a ready-out-of-the-box spoolie.

Hopefully the ASA issue is addressed before the production models 'hit the shelves,' since I am worried about Dye customer service offering a fix for the problem.

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:59 PM #7
_slash_1
yup, im "that" one....

plays in the NXL
we already talked to dye, and they are working on a fix. For now, putting a tank oring in your asa before you screw your tank in works %100 fine for me.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:34 PM #8
Spazdoc

Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slash_1 View Post
we already talked to dye, and they are working on a fix. For now, putting a tank oring in your asa before you screw your tank in works %100 fine for me.
This is an adequate temporary fix, but I am just worried about spacing out the tank threading (so that it is not fully screwed-in). Have people been having this problem with a Myth reg?

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:06 PM #9
ElPanda
CAD/CAM

ive heard one instance of the asa affecting myth regs
ElPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:16 PM #10
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Good writeup. Just one thing though, you said you were using some brittle paint but I've never seen any formula 13 that wasn't hard like marbles lol. Maybe it was the marbs(ironic) that were brittle?

Props to you for using a brand new gun in a tournament. You like to live on the edge lol.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:36 PM #11
WldWzl
Limp Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slash_1 View Post
Same issue with my Ninja and Crossfire setups. Same fix, used a tank o-ring, hope Dye has good news soon.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:37 PM #12
-Z3R0-

-Z3R0- donated to help Peyton Trent
Nice review.

MstrKey, Formula13 is occasionally actually pretty brittle... I've used F13 before that I could crush between my forefinger and thumb with just a little effort. But then I've also used F13 that I had to stomp on to get to break. So in my experience they're pretty hit-or-miss... I'm guessing it has a lot to do with freshness.
-Z3R0- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:39 PM #13
TRiiPiiN
VanCity Synergy

TRiiPiiN plays in the USPL
TRiiPiiN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TRiiPiiN posts videos on PbNation
TRiiPiiN supports DLX Technology
I get my Nt sometime next week and I already have a throttle tank so hopefully I wont have an issue what so ever, but even if I do ill just throw a tank O-ring inside the asa and ill be good to go.
TRiiPiiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:29 PM #14
handsomerob
AggSauce M!N!

i'm pretty sure this is a matrix thread? shouldn't the NT go under miscellaneous....until they make a NT thread?

just saying though.

good write up also. haha
FEEDBACK

Last edited by handsomerob : 09-21-2009 at 11:32 PM.
handsomerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:49 PM #15
Dustinkwon
~~~~IRONMEN FTW!!!!~~~~

Dustinkwon supports Team VICIOUS
nice review

weird how the asa is kinda effed up...

RARE HP CROSSFIRE 45/4500 HYDRO: 1/07 (PICS AND VID!!!!) CUMMM AND GETT ITTTT
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post69493816

UL'D PM7 FOR SALE ONLY! (ORANGE BOLT and CP SLING!) (PICS AND VID!!)(FULL SETUP F/S!)
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post69494548
Dustinkwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:13 AM #16
KrazeMatik

KrazeMatik plays in the USPL
KrazeMatik helped look for balloons
KrazeMatik supports DLX Technology
nice! see you guys in vegas!
KrazeMatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:14 AM #17
_slash_1
yup, im "that" one....

plays in the NXL
yeah i just got back from a pretty expensive trip. It takes a lot for a canadian to get drunk . so for the semis I used formula to save a couple bucks. I started using the marbs with ultra evil, that was super soft.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:53 PM #18
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
f13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Z3R0- View Post
Nice review.

MstrKey, Formula13 is occasionally actually pretty brittle... I've used F13 before that I could crush between my forefinger and thumb with just a little effort. But then I've also used F13 that I had to stomp on to get to break. So in my experience they're pretty hit-or-miss... I'm guessing it has a lot to do with freshness.
Possible. I think RP makes the formula 13 now right? They do have more than one plant, so it may be that depending on location you're getting brittle or hard F13. Everything around here seems monsterball hard. I just drop it in the fridge the night before and put it in a cooler bag with an ice pack when I play. Seems to help a lot.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:00 PM #19
jeremyr
SandBox Killer 88

jeremyr plays in the PSP
jeremyr donated to help Peyton Trent
jeremyr supports our troops
jeremyr supports DLX Technology
Can you guys that own an NT see if you can post the NT manual. I'd kinda like to see it. Thanks.
SBK #88
AXIS #88
BLACKLIST #88
AFFLICTION #88
INFERNO #88
jeremyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:05 PM #20
_slash_1
yup, im "that" one....

plays in the NXL
Heres a Decent video of one shooting finally. Sorry i didn't center it, as a pile of cardboard was filming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XePH9DAHje8
Old 09-22-2009, 11:22 PM #21
ToLiveInInfamy
WHO WANTS IT?PIGS

thanks for the review

MEGAN FOX FOREVER ╓──╖
║░░║░║░╓╖░║║░║║░║║░╙─╢
║░░╙╖║░╙╜░║║░╙╜░║║░╓─╢
╙───╜╙────╜╙────╜╙───╜

POOP SKATE MOB (◣◢)┌∩┐
ToLiveInInfamy is offline   Reply With Quote