Community Focus

Old 11-22-2014, 04:26 AM #64
outreach
karnage

has been a member for 10 years
outreach supports Team VICIOUS
outreach supports Pev's Paintball
outreach supports Empire
for 5k i wouldn't touch either of them. they are both 10K cars min, and your going to pay that (or more) one way or another. 5k does not buy you alot of car tbh, any "fast" car is going to be more then 5k one way or another. just buy a honda hatch and use the money you save from not paying for gas and cheap insurance to save for a decent car. this is comming from a vr4 and bmw owner

OLD FEED BACK

"Originally posted by mouse87: clearly you're new, everyone knows that private label guns shoot a lot faster and more accurate"
outreach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2014, 10:53 AM #65
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

You can get a decent, clean 1G VR4 for 7-8K, they definitely aren't worth "10K min".

I've been all around that scene.

I still would never recommend anyone buy one.

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Supra_MKIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 12:13 AM #66
outreach
karnage

outreach supports Team VICIOUS
outreach supports Pev's Paintball
outreach supports Empire
i said you pay it one way or another, your in the scene you know how abused these things are, even the good ones need work

OLD FEED BACK

"Originally posted by mouse87: clearly you're new, everyone knows that private label guns shoot a lot faster and more accurate"
outreach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:37 PM #67
shenlong1337

RX8 for sure but not sure how rotary engines hold up
shenlong1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:52 PM #68
seahiker
Off. OT OG forum Tr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenlong1337 View Post
RX8 for sure but not sure how rotary engines hold up
The rotary engines hold up just like rotary engines hold up.
There is a lot of stuff that encloses the engine, like a car for instance.
In my opinion, the RX-7 is a good enclosure, and the RX-8 pretty much sucks.

On the side note, the 13B is hell of a project to play with.
seahiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:03 AM #69
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I vote they both suck

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:43 AM #70
sp1jp

sp1jp owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Didnt read all the comments yet but had to give my input. Im a Rotary junky so Im gunna say go with the rx8. For one, since theres no forced induction the engine should last you a while, Dont let people fool you. I can go on for days, a Non turbo rotary is just as reliable as any other engine but burns more oil which is a small price to pay for having a screamer under the hood, also doesnt like cold starts and cheap petrol. If you intend to mod the car, dont even look at an 8. Youll be well over 10gs and just cracking 300 to the wheels. Its a great car to get you into Rotary engines and makes an awesome daily driver, the fact you have usable back seats makes it more practical. Steering is a bit heavy, Which I like but some people dont and the fact it makes all its power in the higher RPM range doesnt appeal to some people either.

If you're looking for an awesome sports car to hit the track or back roads in on the weekend, You will not find better value and potential than a Honda S2000. The car is simply a dream at its price range. Its reliable, Cheap to insure, Cheap on gas and mods are endless. I really dont like verts but the S2k is the only exception. Seriously tho, you point that thing at the apex and it just glides through the corners. It will have a bit over 200 ponies to the wheels but let me tell you, It feels much faster. I love Miatas, They are the most raced cars in the world for a reason and the S2k is basically the rich mans Miata.

Some other good options would be Nissan 240sx/silvias, mk4 Supras and toyota mr2s. Parts are endless....Literally, and they all handle very well.

Now, If anyone has suggested an FD Rx7, I would advise against it. It is not for someone who doesnt have a lot of experience with rotaries. You will spend more time fixing the car then driving it unless you do a lot of research, and I mean a lot. Find a good mechanic because 9/10 mechanics have nooo clue how to work on these engines. Now if you want the purest most exhilarating driving experience for 10gs. Forget everything I just said and buy an FD right now. Trust me, It will become an addiction, Youll find yourself staying up late longing for the sound of those twins spooling up. and that engine. When you hit 9k and that thing is screaming down the street, youll come to the realization that God does exist and that his presence is found in Rx7s all across the world.

Word to the wise tho. If you are married, your wife might leave you after she finds out you invested your life savings into a 4rotor powered FD ...Not speaking from personal experience or anything..........
sp1jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:53 AM #71
sp1jp

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Contract Killer View Post
I can think of any swapped Civic that I would want for $5,000. I can't think of any swapped Civic that is fast for that kind of money either. I'm not ****ting on the cars, there used to be a guy on here with a K20A swapped EK that I was a huge fan of but he had WAY more than $5,000 into it. Civics are economy cars, trying to make them do anything else is generally more trouble than it is worth.
I am not a fan of civics. One of my good friends is tho, and honest to god, his EG gave me one of the greatest memories I will ever have.Ill keep it brief. Its white, On steelies, Covered in rust and dirt. built b18, a massive GT45r, meth injection, Things running daily with around 22 pounds of boost. Long story short the guy who rolled up on us in his brand new stingray went home crying that day.
Old 02-07-2015, 02:02 AM #72
sp1jp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_MKIII View Post
The problem with RX8s is that they like to lose compression because the apex seals wear down. That requires an engine rebuild. It's pretty common among rotary engines. The engines are simple but when they have issues they have relatively big issues.
^ This is true. Apex seals blowing is more common on boosted cars but it does still happen with the 8s. If by chance you do pick up an 8, Hit me up and I can get you a nice deal on some ceramic apex seals that will last you for life or hell, Fly me out there and Ill hook you up with something along the lines of this....

Last edited by sp1jp : 02-07-2015 at 02:04 AM. Reason: bad picture upload
Old 02-08-2015, 01:32 AM #73
Nelsonallan14

Nelsonallan14 is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1XNOM View Post
Miata.

Dust black axe with boss bolt with lucky 15 barrel
Ninja 50/45 with adjustable reg
Black dye i4 with HD lens
Nelsonallan14 is offline   Reply With Quote