High Fives & Good Vibes

gunhero5 is a Moderator
gunhero5 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
gunhero5 supports Bob Gurnsey
gunhero5 supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanhall41 View Post
I think that this section is a good idea but it has lots of room to be destroyed by all of these "1 of XXX", "signed by XXX", and "custom" guns.

I also dont completely agree with the list, I know that you said that it is not set in stone so to speak but there are lots of things that I disagree with in the list like:

dm4's and up are not allowed when ST dm4's and 5's are rarer then most dm3's.
Why would only early works cockers?
why freeflow fulcrums when millenniums are much more desired?
If your going to count rippers and other small shop customs then why not eyeballs, punisher, etc.?
There are probably less than 30 evil ems out there so why not count those?
Why only gmax shockers when there are tons of other rare shockers?
How would an exalt droid be any different from a private label timmy or any other new gun with custom ano or milling?
And Vertebrae's are harder to find than evo or freeflows. Same with ultralight cockers.

Not trying to be too negative but I'm just saying that some of these guideline are going to lead people down the wrong path
Ultra rare markers (that are a little more current) like an Exalt droid would be an exception to the list for now. The key phrase being ultra rare, in that that's the only qualifying reason that gets certain markers OK'd if they're not already classic or vintage. The point of this forum isn't to bring half of what is already the Electronic Markers BST over to this one. If the occasional Shocktech DM4 trickles in, it'll probably be OK.

Again, the list is merely guidelines and obviously not set in stone. If something is older or rarer than a model already on the list, it's probably eligible.

If you're not sure which path it is to take for your particular marker, ask a Mod!

OG Supporting Member | Hopelessly Stuck In 2003 | 1TIM6:12
"Quit smiling, you're suppose to be professional." - RR
gunhero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2013, 11:50 PM #23
Red Dry Ice 87
Gummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanhall41 View Post
I think that this section is a good idea but it has lots of room to be destroyed by all of these "1 of XXX", "signed by XXX", and "custom" guns.

I also dont completely agree with the list, I know that you said that it is not set in stone so to speak but there are lots of things that I disagree with in the list like:

dm4's and up are not allowed when ST dm4's and 5's are rarer then most dm3's.
Why would only early works cockers?
why freeflow fulcrums when millenniums are much more desired?
If your going to count rippers and other small shop customs then why not eyeballs, punisher, etc.?
There are probably less than 30 evil ems out there so why not count those?
Why only gmax shockers when there are tons of other rare shockers?
How would an exalt droid be any different from a private label timmy or any other new gun with custom ano or milling?
And Vertebrae's are harder to find than evo or freeflows. Same with ultralight cockers.

Not trying to be too negative but I'm just saying that some of these guideline are going to lead people down the wrong path
Reread the original post again. Gunhero addresses all those questions and concerns. if you're actually selling something and not sure of it, just ask them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunhero5 View Post
The sort of official list of Classic, Rare and Vintage markers. This is by no means a complete list. But it is a starting point and gives you an idea of what could be listed in this forum. If you have something you know is a classic, rare or vintage gun, feel free to post it in this forum.

There will be a million exceptions so if you have a rare or classic gun for sale - please post it up! If it isn't on this list or you are worried it won't be instantly recognized as the classic that it is, make sure to post what makes it a classic. (Example: Very low (single digit) serial numbers often attract collectors.)

........These types of Autocockers (and we're sure a lot more)

Sl91
Red Dry Ice 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:09 AM #24
Ranar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderdome View Post
I see were you're going, but those can actually be had as factory refurbs for about $70 from I&I.
Well ****, I found what I'm blowing $70 on soon .

LOL
".......then I busted to the spike and shot like 85 guys...did a run through...wiped five hits...bonus balled six kids in the dead box...and punched a little kid in the face......."
Nor Cal Nomad

Flex Club Member
Ranar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:44 AM #25
Pdubs

Pdubs is playing at Living Legends VI
Pdubs owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Pdubs is for the Gunfight
Pdubs has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Have I told the mods lately that I love them? Because I do. I'm so glad PBN got their own version of this.

how about the Airstar Nova, Supernova, the Assault M-80, the Mayhem, and any other marker with a reciprocating barrel (because I can't remember any others right now)
Pdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:24 AM #26
REDZwolfpack

REDZwolfpack plays in the APPA D4 division
08 vicious splash ego team gun? 1/15?
REDZwolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:10 PM #27
gunhero5
High Fives & Good Vibes

gunhero5 is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdubs View Post
Have I told the mods lately that I love them? Because I do. I'm so glad PBN got their own version of this.

how about the Airstar Nova, Supernova, the Assault M-80, the Mayhem, and any other marker with a reciprocating barrel (because I can't remember any others right now)
The Nova, Mayhem, Darkstar, etc. are already on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDZwolfpack View Post
That's far too current to be posted here, unfortunately, generally no matter the rarity/ano.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:27 PM #28
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I LOVE this thread but I am going to hate it when people start bringing in their "custom" tippmans with some aftermarket add-on's or the people who think old is within the DM series. I see this thread mainly being dominated by the pre-2000 markers along with mag's and 'cockers.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:13 PM #29
Scatlm

Scatlm supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDZwolfpack View Post
lol

---------------------------------------------

Keep up the good work, gunhero.
Scatlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:16 PM #30
S/P Impulse
Gun Collector

S/P Impulse owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
S/P Impulse owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
S/P Impulse owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
S/P Impulse supports DLX Technology
S/P Impulse supports Shocker RSX
what about Tremor Shockers and Tanked Quests?
S/P Impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:22 PM #31
sasaballer
death to HK

sasaballer owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
How about the dark dm4

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...=%2Bsasaballer
sasaballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:27 PM #32
xOakley
* NITRO *

xOakley plays in the APPA D5 division
xOakley has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
xOakley is attending Decay of Nations VII
xOakley supports DLX Technology
You need to put at the top, in bold, that if your only reasoning for the gun being rare is the anno then it doesn't qualify. I think one of the hardest guns to regulate are going to be the autocockers. That's one gun you should attempt to keep the list updated on as this new section grows.

I'm very grateful for the new section! At the same time you are making it to easy to spend money!

WTB: Shocker Clear Can
xOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:25 AM #33
gunhero5
High Fives & Good Vibes

gunhero5 is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by S/P Impulse View Post
what about Tremor Shockers and Tanked Quests?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasaballer View Post
How about the dark dm4
I can't see Tremor Shockers making the cut here. It's neither ultra rare (as in less than a handful) or vintage. However, if a Tanked Quest or Dark DM4 were to ever show its face, I'm sure I'd make the exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOakley View Post
You need to put at the top, in bold, that if your only reasoning for the gun being rare is the anno then it doesn't qualify. I think one of the hardest guns to regulate are going to be the autocockers. That's one gun you should attempt to keep the list updated on as this new section grows.

I'm very grateful for the new section! At the same time you are making it to easy to spend money!
That's a given, as it really wasn't until current generation markers that anodizing classified something as "rare". It's clearly stated that markers such as Egos, Geos, Eteks, etc. don't qualify if people bothered to read the list.

As far as autocockers go, I've also already stated in the original list that we know there are A LOT out there. Just like mags, it would be a mile long list if we were to note every model we came across. These are guidelines to help you guys use your best judgement. If you're still unsure about a specific model, contact myself or another Mod. We expect to deal with a lot of case by case situations.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:05 AM #34
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

is playing at Living Legends XI
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Sweet. finially saves me the trouble of search elecrto for rare cockers.

*edit*
No PE FT1/FT2 or CCM round body

I would also like to suggest
Planet Eclipse 06 Nexus Pink Lady as seen below. It is the same anno as the Pink Lady DC2. I asked PE if i can buy a new PE gun and have that Anno. Jack said no. PE no longer does that kind of fade, as the anno shop closed.
Everyone lists the pink trooper as the pink lady. I would say this is harder to find than a DC2 or Evo. I found 1 complete listing in the last 2 years. But the guy won't sell it.

Last edited by noclue119 : 01-26-2013 at 08:39 AM.
noclue119 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:46 AM #35
NastE-imp

NastE-imp has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
09 imp isn't rare?!! Boo that list haha

NastE-imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:35 PM #36
gunhero5
High Fives & Good Vibes

gunhero5 is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
Sweet. finially saves me the trouble of search elecrto for rare cockers.

*edit*
No PE FT1/FT2 or CCM round body

I would also like to suggest
Planet Eclipse 06 Nexus Pink Lady as seen below. It is the same anno as the Pink Lady DC2. I asked PE if i can buy a new PE gun and have that Anno. Jack said no. PE no longer does that kind of fade, as the anno shop closed.
Everyone lists the pink trooper as the pink lady. I would say this is harder to find than a DC2 or Evo. I found 1 complete listing in the last 2 years. But the guy won't sell it.
The color might be uncommon, but the platform they're based on is still very current and wouldn't pass for ultra rare or vintage. Any Ego/Geo/Etek will not make the cut here. Just a quick search revealed a handful of Nexus Egos for sale at this very moment, though I do not think any of them are pink.

God speed on your hunt, Ying. They're real lookers.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:32 PM #37
Nikilwig
Double Up

Nikilwig plays in the PSP
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
That feel when some of the markers you've owned are on the Classic list, must be getting old...What about System X NMEs?

Have you shot a Vangaurd Demon yet?
Vanguard Demon | NXE | GI SPORTZ | Ninja Paintball | Warzone Paintball | Shadow Barrels | RAZA
Nikilwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:42 PM #38
S/P Impulse
Gun Collector

S/P Impulse owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
S/P Impulse owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
S/P Impulse owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
S/P Impulse supports DLX Technology
S/P Impulse supports Shocker RSX
I own a 1 of 8 team WAS quest, milling is slightly different than the standard "06". The last two are up for auction on eBay for like $275.
S/P Impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:43 PM #39
Sniper71
Shooting fools since 92

Sniper71 plays in the PSP
Sniper71 plays in the APPA D4 division
This is great. Ive found a new thread to come stalk and have fond memories

I was surprised on the pump list there werent any original carters or grey ghosts, to just name a couple. Ive got some oldies hanging on the wall but they definitely arent going up for sale
New England Blizzard-Captain/Owner
Sniper71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:12 AM #40
gunhero5
High Fives & Good Vibes

gunhero5 is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikilwig View Post
That feel when some of the markers you've owned are on the Classic list, must be getting old...What about System X NMEs?
NMEs are ~circa DM4, maybe even a bit newer. Since DM4s don't qualify, I can't say NMEs would either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/P Impulse View Post
I own a 1 of 8 team WAS quest, milling is slightly different than the standard "06". The last two are up for auction on eBay for like $275.
I think any FEP Quest is going to be in the same boat as the Nexus Ego above. Their platform is too current.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper71 View Post
This is great. Ive found a new thread to come stalk and have fond memories

I was surprised on the pump list there werent any original carters or grey ghosts, to just name a couple. Ive got some oldies hanging on the wall but they definitely arent going up for sale
A great feeling! ...Now show 'em off in the Curator's Corner!

Old 01-28-2013, 03:16 AM #41
Look-XD
Andrew

Just throwing my thought out there as older player with number of older guns.

"Any AKA Revenge/Merlins (Sans the round body merlins that just came out)"
I think new merlins should be included, considering how hard it is to complete one, the price, the time, and how few actually will be completed or are completed.

"Most any Matrix pre DM4 aside from stock Gen-E/Dye models"
I agree excluding stock Dye Matrixs, however I think stock Gen-E should be included. Stock Gen-E matrix seem rarer than Entity's, seriously almost everyone upgraded them in some way. I think pure stock ones should be allowed.

"AKA Vikings and Excaliburs (Sans Evil Ms)"
Evil Ms belong here... not gonna list reasons, very fact its not included boggles my mind. Evil M is literally definition of this board.
Look-XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:07 AM #42
89raider
all gas no brakes

89raider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
89raider supports Team VICIOUS
89raider plays in the APPA beginner division
89raider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
what about the old mechanical icd stuff i.e. alleycats, bobcat, thunder cat, desert fox's

Rules for Buy/Sell/Trade Forums
  1. Buy/Sell/Trade here on PbNation at your own risk. We assume no responsibility for any part of any transaction. Never send money or product before a deal is agreed to by both sides and full contact information is exchanged and verified. Do not rely on PM's. If the other party is unwilling to share contact information, then don't deal with them. Please read more B/S/T tips here.
  2. If you feel that you could offer a better deal, then make a new thread in the correct forum with your ad. Never post your item in another user's thread and ruin their chances at selling their gear. Do not post negative comments about someone else's item for sale even about their price.
  3. No flaming at all. Please be polite to both the seller and potential buyers. If you don’t like something being sold or the price the seller is asking, go to another thread and simply don’t post in theirs. Sellers also have an obligation to be polite to users who post in the thread. If it is a scam or violates our rules, report the post and specify in detail what is improper.
  4. We recommend you always check for new and old PbN feedback as well as the Theft Report Forum before considering any deal here.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins section. Please read and follow the complete Terms of Service and the complete B/S/T Rules as well. Most B/S/T questions are answered in the PbNation FAQ.