Advertisement
Old 08-28-2012, 01:04 PM #212
PaintedSaint
lsdpsilocybinmarijuanadmt

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmizzle View Post
Ahh yeah

now go out and use that scruff on your face to shoot hot chicks!
blog.
PaintedSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:45 PM #213
Cmizzle
Full Time Tape Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmizzle
My macbook crashed last night. Luckily I had a time machine back up from a few weeks ago
Annnnd it crashed again. Need...desktop....right...meow!
Cmizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:15 PM #214
fainerbainer
CK

fainerbainer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
so let's say you have an employee and they are contracted for 60 hours every 4 weeks. That's 15 hours a week. And in their signed contract it says that if they go over 60 hours for a month that before they even get to 60 hours any hours beyond 60 hours needs to be approved.

And then they turn in their time sheet and it says 60.25. Let it slide? Give them a warning (says we will in the contract). This is just another thing on top of several things that drives me nuts.
fainerbainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:25 PM #215
shark6428
Sideline paint sponge

shark6428 is a Paintball photographer
shark6428 posts videos on PbNation
Warn them and don't pay them the extra hours. They'll do it as many times as you let them get away with it. I've known people who will skim extra cash by clocking in early in the morning and late in the evening for years just because no one calls them on it.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
shark6428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:04 PM #216
fainerbainer
CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark6428 View Post
Warn them and don't pay them the extra hours. They'll do it as many times as you let them get away with it. I've known people who will skim extra cash by clocking in early in the morning and late in the evening for years just because no one calls them on it.
legally you have to pay them. that doesn't mean you can't fire them for cause.

The problem with this guy is that it's just a ton of little things. Like, we asked him to hold monthly meetings for the team that he's over. The first time he schedules one he announces it as a quarterly meeting and I'm like, "WTFrank, it says explicitly in your job description, which you agreed to before being hired, that it would be monthly."

The next thing is that he's supposed to contact each team member the day they are supposed to be here and find replacements if they aren't here. I asked last night, "Hey man, it looks like your media presenter wasn't here tonight. What's the deal? Did you know I got ahold of them and they told me they aren't going to be here? Go ahead and fix it."

I walked in last night when they were doing practice for an upcoming event and the choir said, "Thank goodness he's here. Can you figure out the sound board problem."

The guy we hired is supposed to have a somewhat working knowledge of that in order to help people so I don't have to put in 8 hours and then come back for another 3 in the evening. Guess what he's doing when I show up? Sitting in the back on a couch chatting it up with someone and not even attempting anything. grr. Just one thing on top of another.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:20 PM #217
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

IplayforRelentless is BST Trusted
IplayforRelentless is a Paintball photographer
IplayforRelentless supports our troops
IplayforRelentless is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
IplayforRelentless is attending Decay of Nations VI
I always showed up 20 minutes early at my old job and clocked in and I was working 6 days a week, so I was getting an hour and 20 mins extra on my paycheck and I was getting overtime. Would've stopped if someone had told me to, but I did it for a year without a word being said to me.
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
I take hipster photos on Instagram - @hobbesthetiger
NJ Devils MN Wild MN Twins Chi Cubs IA Hawkeyes
IplayforRelentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:27 PM #218
fainerbainer
CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by IplayforRelentless View Post
I always showed up 20 minutes early at my old job and clocked in and I was working 6 days a week, so I was getting an hour and 20 mins extra on my paycheck and I was getting overtime. Would've stopped if someone had told me to, but I did it for a year without a word being said to me.
That's fine and dandy as long as you didn't sign anything otherwise.

The guy can come and go as he pleases, make his own lunch hour, and has 3 hours during the week to spend however he deems fit. He just has to be here from 12:00 - 8:30 p.m. on Wednesdays (1 hour lunch) and 8-11:30 on Sundays. Three hours (to make up 15 hours total) can be wherever he wants, even at home working. However, the contract explicitly states that ANYTHING over 60 hours a month has to be pre-approved and if it goes over without it being pre-approved (to meet budget) will result in disciplinary action.

He has no clock in sheet so why doesn't he just not claim 15 minutes to avoid a written notice? He was on the clock the other day when one of the teams needed help and he was just sitting on the couch and chatting for an hour...and got paid $16.67 to do so. A part of his job IS to meet with volunteers so maybe it was viable but a team member was having a panic of flurry to try and fix something that is in his job description.

I have no problem with 20 minutes here or there (it's built into his contract, actually) but it's just weird all around.

And he came to the office today to work on some stuff without prior approval so I hope that he doesn't try to claim it (due to the fact that he can volunteer hours too if he feels he needs to).
Old 08-30-2012, 03:34 PM #219
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

You missed my point, my point is that if it bothers you, say something.
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
Old 08-30-2012, 03:44 PM #220
danbob1088
succisa virescit

danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
All this talk about clocking in is giving me a headache. When my boss says jump, I say how high....

Granted, its the US government and I'm a salaried employee. And they own my soul.

flickr
danbob1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:02 PM #221
fainerbainer
CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by IplayforRelentless View Post
You missed my point, my point is that if it bothers you, say something.
I have, numerous times, about all of this stuff. I'm going above me and letting my supervisors know. The guy, personally, is a great guy. He just horrible logical thinking skills. And he doesn't lack the knowledge to do the job. He just lacks the rationale.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:35 PM #222
shark6428
Sideline paint sponge

shark6428 is a Paintball photographer
shark6428 posts videos on PbNation
I should have specified that the people at my job were sitting around the break room or bathroom while on the clock. That's a big no-no, especially as a "temp" employee that could get the boot whenever the bosses felt like it. If the guy is clocking extra hours on top of not doing the job he's supposed to be doing, you need to confront him about it. If he's still not doing the job he's being paid for, elevate to the next level above you. If that doesn't motivate him, he probably ought to be fired. It doesn't matter how capable you are of doing a good job if you're not actually doing it.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
shark6428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:52 PM #223
pbjunkiee
Go big or go home

pbjunkiee is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Don't really warn him. Give him a pep talk/lecture. More that you're disappointed in him and know that he can do better. Tell him to think a little longer before he acts.

With this you'll be a little more leader/friend and not a boss

In the end he may respect you more and may help him flip his ways a little

/2¢

st:p hk trollfest 8-29-11
pbjunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:59 PM #224
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

Make him an account on PbNation for him and I'll infract him, that'll send a clear message
Old 08-30-2012, 05:04 PM #225
fainerbainer
CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark6428 View Post
I should have specified that the people at my job were sitting around the break room or bathroom while on the clock. That's a big no-no, especially as a "temp" employee that could get the boot whenever the bosses felt like it. If the guy is clocking extra hours on top of not doing the job he's supposed to be doing, you need to confront him about it. If he's still not doing the job he's being paid for, elevate to the next level above you. If that doesn't motivate him, he probably ought to be fired. It doesn't matter how capable you are of doing a good job if you're not actually doing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjunkiee View Post
Don't really warn him. Give him a pep talk/lecture. More that you're disappointed in him and know that he can do better. Tell him to think a little longer before he acts.

With this you'll be a little more leader/friend and not a boss

In the end he may respect you more and may help him flip his ways a little

/2¢
Yah, been there done that. We had a buddy buddy talk at 3 months to go over his 3 month review. He's tried to remedy things but it's at about 20% improvement. This is probably the 4-5th major dropping of the ball. And there are numerous other little things. I'm sure there are people complaining about me in some aspects of my job. However, I follow through 99.82% of the time with what people ask of me.

Then I came to him on a couple of different occasions as a supervisor and he got his feelings hurt. So we did another "clearing" out assumptions meeting. Our communication is great and he sees me as a leader. He wants to be a leader, and I want him to also, it's just not within his character.

Ever heard this, "It's easier to slow down a race horse than it is to speed up a turtle." His personality, leadership wise, is very turtleish.

But it's just like, "Okay, you, here's what I see that's going to help you. Here's your contract. Here's your job description. You can do this job, I believe in you."

Then it's the next week and something else comes up. And then I have to do it again. This time I'm just documenting it and sending it to the leaders that are in charge of both of us and let them deal with it. What gets under my skin is that it's such a SMALL thing but it's just an ongoing continual thing where he doesn't think through consequences.

Last edited by fainerbainer : 08-30-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:19 PM #226
PaintedSaint
lsdpsilocybinmarijuanadmt

DId you ask him whether it was an accident of forgetting to clock out and he missed it by a few minutes because he was still working?

Just say the next time he goes over youll remove the amount he goes over from his pay.
blog.
PaintedSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:08 PM #227
fainerbainer
CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintedSaint View Post
DId you ask him whether it was an accident of forgetting to clock out and he missed it by a few minutes because he was still working?

Just say the next time he goes over youll remove the amount he goes over from his pay.
There is no clock. He tracks it on his own honor. You can't remove pay as its against the fair wage act. The only thing he gets is a warning. According to his contract he can't claim over 60 hours without prior approval and he puts 60.25. Makes no sense to me but Owell. His own doing.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:10 AM #228
maddermaxx
Das ist nicht Hitler.

That's pretty crazy. Maybe it slipped his mind? Or he's trying to do something Janky.

"Originally posted by infinital: nah dude as long as im not too ****ed i can type. just usually when i post here i am at that too ****ed point"
maddermaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:46 AM #229
fainerbainer
CK

Got an email today after he saw his paycheck. He apologized and asked what he could do to make it up. I told him, "I'm not the one taking care of it so please contact so-and-so."

And then today I specifically give him a task about 15 minutes before an event, I explain it to him, and then when it comes down to it he thinks I was talking about a different time that it needed to be done. So there I am in front of 90-100 people and he does something totally different than what I had told him we were gonna do and I adjusted quickly and no one realized it except for me and another person that was to be involved. Played it smooth.

But for some reason he heard me wrong, or I told him wrong. I'm pretty sure I didn't tell him wrong . . . but he heard it wrong and then told that wrong information to 6 other people which put me in an awkward position.

I was pretty peeved at that point and then clarified it with him later. I assumed he said absolutely nothing to others about the changes. He did, he just told them the wrong time. I just wonder if he comprehends stuff sometimes or hears things correctly as it's a almost daily occurrence with things. I'll ask him to do something and statistically it gets done in the fashion that I describe at a 20% success rate (specific little tasks, not huge big deals). As, he ends up getting it done but it's either 20% done by the time it's supposed to be done or 0% done 80% of the time I've asked him to do something.

One time I asked him to have something done the same day he was in the office. I finally checked on if it was actually done and he did it 8 days later and after 2 reminders. :/

We're hiring someone full-time in the near future so his job will be absorbed by the new position. He's able to apply and maybe just maybe the team for hiring will hire him full-time but I highly doubt it. I just hope I can make it through the meantime without losing my marbles.

Last edited by fainerbainer : 09-03-2012 at 03:54 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:30 AM #230
Baller_Status

So how many Pocket Wizards do I need to trigger my 430EX II off camera? The way I understand it is one for my camera and one for my flash. Is this correct. Also I am refering to the Plus II/III

If anyone can help that would be great. Thank you!
Baller_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:40 AM #231
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

Yep, that's what you'll need.