Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-22-2002, 01:20 AM #1
me262
corporate slave

has been a member for 10 years
lpr info and blow ups, so you can maybe pick the best

ok heres some stuff on lprs for ya, maybe youll see some light after this. maybe. heres the volume of reged air in the lprs ive used for tesing, i couldnt get the besales volume, as it left on a gun i sold.

sonic lpr = .2 ml good for a cocker, but WILL NOT keep up on an electro. also small adjustable range.

Jackhammer (old or new same internally)= 4 ml works great (note: trinity reg for matrix internally is the same as well)

kapp rhino = 1.2 ml will shoot down, small adjustable range

micro rock = 2 ml works great, also larges piston area for quickest response to changing pressures.

rock (ancient one, but still great) = 4.5 ml same size piston as micro.

wgp sledge ( you can change the volume with different end caps if wanted) = 4.5 ml same size piston as rocks

ill have pics of all the regs dissasembled with the pistons side by side so you can see the diferences. think ill post this in a new post as well.

and paint_hore, if i had the $ to get another imp, id get one to you, but i dont, unless you can find someone with a stock imp, ill do the stuff to it for free, except for cost of reg, and nothing iriversible would be done to the gun itself. this crud has made me want to take up the fight again
LONG LIVE THE SERVOS!!........
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2002, 02:36 AM #2
Dtang15

is buying a rock just for this mod worth it? Or could i get by on a sledge? Me262. your pretty cool dude. BTW there is a PRV in the rock... What pressure does it open at? Just wondering if i can get rid of the stock PRV
Old 04-22-2002, 04:18 AM #3
Evil EyE

great work!me262

when i see all the lpr setups,i get surprised to see that many seems to use cockerpneu hoses!why strangle the airflow with a really small bored hose?let the flow free use bigger bored stuff if you want to use the benefits of the lpr.and it helps alot to have approx 150 psi pressure between valvepressure and rampressure,thats what i have found out to work great whit the microrock.(lower with a larger reg)
when using it on impy with a valve pressure at 150-160psi and the micro at 100-120 psi thats not enough of pressure between the regs,would you set your airsystem to 200psi into your inline reg if you use a doubleregged setup?no probably not it would be at least 200-300psi between air system and inlinereg thats how it should be used if you dont do that go with another reg.dont blame the micro for not keeping it up when theres not enough pressure for the micro to work with and make it recharge fast and exactly.
Old 04-22-2002, 03:01 PM #4
me262
corporate slave

yes the cocker hose is a little restrictive, i use these with much less restrictive hose.

and i never really checked where the prv vents, ill do that for the rock and jack, and the sledge works fine, sometimes a shim needs to be added if you cant get it above 100 psi, i didnt need to go that high so i didnt worry about it.

Last edited by me262 : 04-22-2002 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-22-2002, 03:09 PM #5
ImPuLsE7891

thanks me262, i got a question though.... is it safe to run the pressure at 250psi and like 120psi to the lpr? so u can get better effeciency? what do u suggest running it at? thanks
Old 04-22-2002, 03:22 PM #6
me262
corporate slave

yeah you should be able to, but remember with more pressure on the valve (especially the stock imp valve with its large surface area) the more pressure needed to open it.

but setting in those areas should be close, then just do some fine tunning with the dwell and pressures, both valve pressures and solenoid pressures.
Old 04-22-2002, 03:34 PM #7
Happy Happy Panda

what about the kapp reg (it comes with the package from ebpo)
Old 04-22-2002, 03:41 PM #8
me262
corporate slave

the kapp is up there, 1.2 ml, with a heavy, small piston, and basicly a valve core (you know like for a tire) for an inlet valve
Old 04-22-2002, 03:53 PM #9
Punk-Sk8er

alright, over the last couple of days the LPR has kinda been confusing me, how would you setup a gun to run 180 at the solenoid and 250 at the hammer?

if your max-flo is only allowing 180psi, and you cant go over that or it will vent how does the psi get to 250, and the LPR is putting air into the solenoid right? so you want to run that reg at 180, and then how do you get the hammer at 250, some say why make it like a bush, but i just want a little more kick because my warp doesnt work to good with my current setup
Old 04-22-2002, 03:59 PM #10
ImPuLsE7891

well to stop it from venting you take off the PRV. and to get the reg to adjust to 250 if it doesnt adjust that high with the lp spring, u can get the hp spring and see if that works. think that would work for the reg part.
Old 04-22-2002, 03:59 PM #11
me262
corporate slave

you either have to get rid of the prv, or use a different reg, if you want more kick, get a heavy hammer. would be cheaper, or change the way your warp works, like interface it with the trigger or solenoid

edit: late
Old 04-22-2002, 04:20 PM #12
Punk-Sk8er

i dont want to do that intellamod, looks like too much work, i wanna try the LPR and see how it works, but is there any pics you can show me of the PRV, cause i dont really know where it is
Old 04-22-2002, 05:12 PM #13
Happy Happy Panda

i heard the kapp is good and thats why fom sells them in the epbo kit
Old 04-22-2002, 07:01 PM #14
Punk-Sk8er

they might be ok, but how could they be that good with that little room in it, it causes shootdown, if it causes shootdown at 10bps or lower then its not a good reg for the mod, so what rof does the kapp cause shootdown at?

and is the PRV in any of the pics on the SP site for cleaning the impulse?
Old 04-22-2002, 07:21 PM #15
me262
corporate slave

ok, i know some will take this wrong, but im going to show a little history lesson.

ive done some digging and found the first post on the lpr mod on an imp, dating 6/19/2001
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...pagenum ber=1

now this got me to thinking, hmm first lpr type thing i did was back in like 97 when i got an angel in wyoming. being the only electronic gun i had ever seen at the time (hey i had some ancient pmi pump then) i got, it think i payed like 1200 for it.
goofed off with it alot.
now the town i lived in my whole life had maybe 700 people in it and 40 miles from the next town where i got the gun, and no feilds (i dont even know of any to this day there) and there was a grand total of 6 of us with pb guns, and mostly they just became cool dodads we had around.
now my angel developed a leak so i tore it apart and figured out how it worked. noticing it had a nasty o-ring (hey co2 and air were scarce, i hooked it up to a bottle of r12 freon )
after digging i found a little regulator that was around for somthing. having a full machineshop at my disposal i asked a guy to make me up a simple adapter with 2 o-rings on it and threaded to go in, later i found out i should have made it have 3.
so i had to tap and plug a hole no big deal.
now if you look on my site you will see the same adapter in the green angel held by its owner dale, it now has a micro rock on it but i still have the old rock that ended up replacing the weird reg i had first had.
now i dropped out of pb for awhile, then moved here to oregon.
i started doing little things here and there, and made a few others for people, tested some other stuff, most the regs i used were for oxygen equipment use. but about the same thing.

so you see, ive been messing with low pressure regulation of gasses probably longer then most, and have tested and measured the volume, size of pistons, piston weight, valve flow of most lprs available. i think i have done a little more research, and am tired of being laughed at and disbelieved.

i basicly live in my shop, im normaly up till 4-5am working on this or that, and i think im airgas's biggest customer for compressed nitogen and co2

now fom and others may have a bigger business then me, or be older then me, or have more backing and $$.

but im driven more now then ever.
hopefully ill have some stuff up again soon, ive got to find all my original scetches and mesurements.
Old 04-22-2002, 07:49 PM #16
Happy Happy Panda

ok i see your are an expert and i wasnt saying you were wrong but i thought fom would have a nice reg in the package
Old 04-22-2002, 07:56 PM #17
Punk-Sk8er

hopefully you will do what your trying to do, are you attempting to get good effiency and at the same time have the bolt stop on the ball too? what are you trying for this time you do the LPR stuff

and on teh bottom reg max-flo where is the PRV? is it that metal gold thing on the bottom, where is it? do i just take it out?
Old 04-22-2002, 08:17 PM #18
me262
corporate slave

oh, panda, that wasnt really addressed to anyone, i was just stating some history.

and sk8er, i have done both already, im just going to start marketing the ideas again, ive already done alot of the research long ago, ive just got to either get one of the 3 fear imps back here for some more stuff, or sell somthing to get another, i know it sounds bad that for a company im a little low on $$, but im doing this all on my own on my own dollar.

and the offer stands, if anyone can spare their imp for about a month, ill do the work, nothing ireiversible will be done to the gun itself

and if you like it all you pay for is the regs, if not ill go back to the way you had it.
Old 04-22-2002, 09:23 PM #19
ImPuLsE7891

dude, me262.... you are truly awesome and a very determined guy. I for one apologize, bc at one time i didn't believe a while back... but now you truly proved it and I thank you for your help. thought i would just say thanks man.
Old 04-22-2002, 10:04 PM #20
impy mc-gee

yeah, thanks get back to us about the best lpr reg asap.
Old 04-22-2002, 10:08 PM #21
Dtang15

hmm what pressure to the hoses just Bust off ?