Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-08-2013, 03:50 PM #43
komodo_117

has been a member for 10 years
Wrong again. EB used to have a used PC game system.

It was always very much rampant with invalid CD keys (or worse yet, missing because they got pocketed by the random browser), but it did exist.
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2013, 10:09 PM #44
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
The easy fix to this would be to have cdkeys with consolegames, register the game to your console account. Done.
the easy way to do this is to set up a marketplace like steam and sell digital copies, which would vastly reduce their overall cost to produce games.

ps3 already has steam integration, and i dont imagine it being too difficult for xbox to do the same.

CONSPIRACY THEORIST EXTRAORDINAIRE
MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:19 AM #45
komodo_117

I don't see Steam being too keen on using their service though when they intend to launch a console of their own.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:55 AM #46
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Fortune View Post
Always on internet? No second games?

Looks like the PC master race will be growing very rapidly. Glad I built mine back in september.

ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. People buy gaming systems instead of pcs for convenience and ease of use. Casual gamers may ***** and moan about no second hand games but they will still buy the **** because their friends are going to and its simpler than a PC.

You hardcore pc nerds need to wake up and realize its never going to be as popular as gaming systems.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:06 AM #47
AxeCop

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. People buy gaming systems instead of pcs for convenience and ease of use. Casual gamers may ***** and moan about no second hand games but they will still buy the **** because their friends are going to and its simpler than a PC.

You hardcore pc nerds need to wake up and realize its never going to be as popular as gaming systems.
If steam box (aka prebuilt livingroom PC) comes out at a similar time as ps4 and xbox720, and is properly advertised and hyped, I can see PC becoming the most popular platform.

Also I remember when "PC Gaming Master Race" was an in joke. Kind of depressing that it is becoming a reality.
AxeCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:37 PM #48
automagsrule

Quote:

casual gamers wont be buying the next model of consoles. They can already get their fix from their cell phone, laptop, tablet, hell even smart TVs that support flash are available now. If you already have a handful of machines that can handle casual games in your house, why waste hundreds of dollars on a redundant piece of equipment?

So if the console market is going to lose a portion of casual gamers to outside sources, and a portion of hardcore games to PC, it stands to reason we will see a very big shakeup in the gaming industry very quickly.

As I said before, I predict we will see something akin to the death of the studio system in hollywood in the 50s, only with the gaming industry. the only real question is what sets it off. and this could be it, who knows?
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:55 PM #49
Straker
paintball player

Ah, I remember the days when you could buy a pc game and permanently, fully install it on all your friends' computers.
Straker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:08 PM #50
big_scott
Has a good personality.

big_scott is a founding member
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by automagsrule View Post
casual gamers wont be buying the next model of consoles. They can already get their fix from their cell phone, laptop, tablet, hell even smart TVs that support flash are available now. If you already have a handful of machines that can handle casual games in your house, why waste hundreds of dollars on a redundant piece of equipment?

So if the console market is going to lose a portion of casual gamers to outside sources, and a portion of hardcore games to PC, it stands to reason we will see a very big shakeup in the gaming industry very quickly.

As I said before, I predict we will see something akin to the death of the studio system in hollywood in the 50s, only with the gaming industry. the only real question is what sets it off. and this could be it, who knows?
But you can't play the next Call of Duty or Madden on your cell phone or ipad.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:52 PM #51
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagsrule View Post

so wrong. Nobody is playing massively popular games like COD or Halo on **** like an ipad or smartphone. PC gaming isn't going to have any sort of massive resurgence, and console gaming is still going to be around for at least the forseeable future, the mechanisms may change(no more discs), but they will still be around.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:49 PM #52
automagsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
But you can't play the next Call of Duty or Madden on your cell phone or ipad.
Quote:
so wrong. Nobody is playing massively popular games like COD or Halo on **** like an ipad or smartphone. PC gaming isn't going to have any sort of massive resurgence, and console gaming is still going to be around for at least the forseeable future, the mechanisms may change(no more discs), but they will still be around.
When you said casual I thought you meant like angry birds and facebook games and wii sports type ****.
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:45 AM #53
osckey123
Definition of Class

osckey123 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
osckey123 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
It's going to be sad losing video game stores...

...just like we lost music/record stores.

God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called
QUE VIVA ESPANA! LOS CAMPEONES DEL MUNDO DESDE 7/11/2010!
"Originally posted by xfactor6911: How dare you question my ****ing knowing of naval submarines."
osckey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:25 PM #54
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

And Blockbuster is pretty much gone now as well.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:08 PM #55
osckey123
Definition of Class

osckey123 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
osckey123 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
It must suck to CEO of GameStop at the moment, to know your business model is completely and utterly doomed.

And it's not like they can really restructure...

God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called
QUE VIVA ESPANA! LOS CAMPEONES DEL MUNDO DESDE 7/11/2010!
"Originally posted by xfactor6911: How dare you question my ****ing knowing of naval submarines."
osckey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:22 PM #56
big_scott
Has a good personality.

It's not all bad. As long as companies need to sell hardware GameStop still has some major pull. And they can restructure. I wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years GameStop becomes more of a general electronics company.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:58 PM #57
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
It's not all bad. As long as companies need to sell hardware GameStop still has some major pull. And they can restructure. I wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years GameStop becomes more of a general electronics company.
except those are all failing now too. Circuit City already went belly up and best buy is closing a bunch of stores. Internet is killing electronics stores and once second hand games/discs in general are done stores like gamestop will be gone too.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:01 PM #58
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
lol

The **** is this ****? Always online in order to play? Not buying.

If the next Playstation does this too, count me out of the next gen consoles, save for when a Wii U comes down in price a bit.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:33 PM #59
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
lol

I think this has to be false. They have to have some sort of offline mode. The US's infrastructure isn't where it needs to be to implement it this generation. They would be alienating nearly half their consumer base.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:37 PM #60
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
I think this has to be false. They have to have some sort of offline mode. The US's infrastructure isn't where it needs to be to implement it this generation. They would be alienating nearly half their consumer base.
I'm inclined to think the same. It could be a move for the multiplayer-based games though (CoD, Battlefield, Halo, GoW and the like). We just have to wait and see.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:17 PM #61
komodo_117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
lol

If the next Playstation does this too, count me out of the next gen consoles, save for when a Wii U comes down in price a bit.
I would definitely wait on the Wii U. But yeah, agreed, that's the only console I feel would actually be worth my purchase, and it's only going to be for probably 4 or 5 games.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:29 PM #62
JKeisler

JKeisler plays in the PSP
JKeisler plays in the APPA D4 division
Dont seeing most of that happening.
http://www.ballbusters-paintball.com/
My Old account https://www.pbnation.com/member.php?u=180136
JKeisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:01 PM #63
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-