Community Focus

Old 09-08-2008, 07:04 PM #64
ZenMike
OX AGGRSSN

ZenMike plays in the USPL
ZenMike plays in the PSP
ZenMike supports our troops
ZenMike plays in the APPA D4 division
... and then the ref started deflating the bunker I was in mid-game, and he took my marker out of my hand and shot me with it and called me out and I politely asked, "Why did you do that sir?" and he said, "GRAW!!!" and he called out my entire team for no reason and everyone saw that, right?

Seriously, GPL is the biggest and best run series within 200 miles of where I live and I'm damn happy to have it. I've played, pitted, and watched many national events over the past couple years and the GPL really isn't that bad. In fact, it's pretty darn good. Maybe they should just add a third day to the schedule for whining and complaining, charge $20 for it and then everyone can get it out of their system.

Rick and ECX have been amazing for the sport and for GPL. If you liked one venue over another, fine. Your entitled to your opinion. If you want to post online that you had a miserable time, fine. Mission accomplished. Move on. I had a great time. My team had a great time. Just as we have at the previous 3 events, which is why we came back this time and will come back again next time.

I'm sure this thread is about to be closed anyway, but that's just my $.02. Take it or leave it, I'm not interested in fighting or flaming so don't bother I won't respond beyond this.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:06 PM #65
breakout17

everyone knows dan well if we had 5 ppl we would have won all the 5th player had to do was sit there and not do anything and it would have happened. i dont even care though cause i played the best paintball tournament of my life. congrats to ether. they are a solid team every event and we beat them we were on cloud 9 but they stepped up and had a few more points. whatever a1's pay for world cup so idc.

have a nice weekend

Last edited by Madpooh : 09-09-2008 at 12:08 AM. Reason: inappropriate comments
breakout17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:33 PM #66
quayb
TMJ

has been a member for 10 years
Wow, Kyle( Bad Blood Man) you dont know me but wat you said was prob not to smart. Im sorry your player got kicked out but Rick is a great guy and has done nothing but try to help make this sport cheaper for you. Me and my team back him 100%. I think you need to apologize to Him and to Brian for cursin at him . The things you said were very disrespectful and no matter how you were treated they should not have came out of your mouth.
Thanks
Quay
quayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:36 PM #67
tommyo28

Hey,
If anyone wants this sport to be taken serious we need to all start acting and behaving more proffesional. If we are cursing and fighting like this at events the sport is gonna stay exactly where it is now.

What happens when proffesional players go after refs,umpires, etc. They get thrown out of the game and fined or suspended. It legitimizes the sport. I am not taking sides but to all you young guys and gals out there who hope and aspire to be pro ballers and get paid and make a living. Just keep being the way you are and you will be working jobs along with playing paintball.

Oliver pumps his team up definetly, but he is not blasting F bombs on refs, in front of young kids and familys. I have spent time with him and he would definetly not support that behavior. Look at the big picture, I hope it makes some sense to all. The owner rick treats everyone very well, and has the right since it is property, to toss you if you dont follow his rules.

Thanks GPL staff and all of the teams out there who played this weekend. This is my 2 cents and not anyones side, just my opinion.

Take care and hope to see you all soon

ORION Paintball
Capt Tommy O'Rourke
Hivi Paintball
DYE precision paintball

we try to represent our home field and company sponsorship in the most positive manner at all times on the field and in the pits. Its our responsibility to the sport and youth that follow us.

tommyo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:37 PM #68
Clutchman
Alfred De Los Santos

Clutchman is a Supporting Member
Clutchman is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
You sir are correct
Old 09-08-2008, 07:40 PM #69
AndrewFalk
Zeus Dick

AndrewFalk plays in the PSP
AndrewFalk plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakout17 View Post
I have a few things to say about this GPL especially.

Uh, I played 5 man just on sunday and everything was cruising till the playoffs. We went 7-1 and then made the wild card to make the finals. Then due to a huge mishearing/misunderstanding, Rick kicked out one of our players for saying "get outta here" to one of our players for being excited we made the wild card. So we played finals with 4 players and won 2 games against ether and navy then got shafted the third game and if you were there you knew what happened and i dont wanna get into it.

Then after started playing really good in teh finals Rick, who left our player at the front gate to wait till GPL was over, went and picked him up and brought him back simply saying ohh your team is doing very well you should go watch. How the **** do you have the nerve to do that. I know that its your property but dont be a dick and kick people out for **** you think you hear over 75 feet away. Then dont ahve the nerve to curse out the players at your field when we simply tried to talk. thats all.
Quote:
nah if you knew her and how much she hates all of us and ho wmuch she loves rick youd understand. something always happens to us every event and it gets to a point where he just comes around our tent all day and just gives us looks and **** and we finally make it and he did that. it gets to a point where it gets outta hand and it did. he couldnt even talk to us like a man.
Quote:
Plain and simple rick hates us for no reason, i saw people smoking mad weed all over the property this event and we simply tried to go up to him and say listen here ricky, theres worse stuff going on here then saying the word ****. so even on the topic of something else he cursed at us and wouldnt listen. and we did listen to you bryan we didnt go over to rick a certain member from another team did who we happen to be friends with. once rick said nothing was going to change then we went over there.
Quote:
everyone knows dan well if we had 5 ppl we would have won all the 5th player had to do was sit there and not do anything and it would have happened. i dont even care though cause i played the best paintball tournament of my life. congrats to ether. they are a solid team every event and we beat them we were on cloud 9 but they stepped up and had a few more points. whatever a1's pay for world cup so idc.

have a nice weekend
*I just want to post here before I contact a Mod to close this thread.

I played in the event on Sunday, and I personally know Rick and the other people who run the GPL. Rick acted very fairly (as he always does). He has no grudge against you as a player or as a team...So it should be quite obvious that your teams actions were bad enough to provoke that type of reaction from Rick.

And honestly...all of your posts in this thread have proved Rick's point. You are ignorant and immature. How hard would it have been to say "I was wrong...I'm sorry...It won't happen again..." And then simply move on and play in the finals? With all five players? And possibly place first and win the event?

But...winning isn't everything. Part of being a true winner is to be humble and respect your opponents and those who gave you the opportunity to play. Being on someone elses' property is not your right...it is (or should I say was...) a privilege. And playing in the GPL was also a privilege...(which your team no longer has)

As for your comments about Rick and Amanda...you should be ashamed. How immature and insensitive must you be to post something like that? It had absolutely no bearing on the situation, and on top of that was a complete and utter lie...(But I guess that's just who you are...a person who says these things while hiding behind the safety of your computer screen)

I would like to finish by saying that you guys did play well with four players and I respect that...but had you behaved properly you would have had five players and possibly won the event...It just goes to show how much a bad attitude can ruin a team.

Have fun winning...somewhere else...

P.S. If Rick is such a bad guy, why doesn't everyone else say bad things about him? It seems that your players are the only ones who have had anything negative to say.

And if everyone was smoking weed and cursing as you say they were, just think how much worse you had to be in order for Rick to kick one of your player's out of the Finals...and consequently for Bryan to kick your team out of the GPL.

-Andrew

EDIT: I took the time to highlight everything you said that was a lie.

Last edited by Madpooh : 09-09-2008 at 12:12 AM.
AndrewFalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:59 PM #70
billyd667
moustache rides!!!!

billyd667 plays in the PSP
billyd667 plays in the APPA D5 division
Very well said Andrew!!!
billyd667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:06 PM #71
E-Techy

E-Techy helped look for balloons
E-Techy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
E-Techy supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbking35 View Post
refs at the event need to be more knowledgeable about hits and penalties, most were there just to make a quick $100. And the paint prices make me sick, especially when you go to finals and have already used most of your money and cant afford another case, idk about other teams but i would much rather do a ccpl were i get a discount in finals. But i dont agree with everyone riding on bad blood, good bunch of guys. overall the weekend was meh, with the weather being bad.
personally, i didn't think the paint was bad at all. the pink stuff sold on sunday morning had NO fill tho.

and we ended a game with 2 of our opponents players having "packed hits" which should've been called and would've gaurenteed us a win. instead we got ten points at the end

not to mention losing 3 seperate games because a 1on1 was assessed as a player on our team ran through, and he and the person he ran through lit each other up. then my player got a 1for1. we lost all our games, and were WAY off what we normally are, but we're a team of refs, and know penalties. we STUDIED the rule book the week before even.
E-Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:11 PM #72
ZenMike
OX AGGRSSN

ZenMike plays in the USPL
ZenMike plays in the PSP
ZenMike supports our troops
ZenMike plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbking35 View Post
And the paint prices make me sick, especially when you go to finals and have already used most of your money and cant afford another case, idk about other teams but i would much rather do a ccpl were i get a discount in finals.
Cheap entry. Cheap paint. Good prizes. You should be able to pick two, but you can't have all three. It just can't happen if an event wants to keep running.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:12 PM #73
SpeedBallDEVIL
Certified KEE Technician

SpeedBallDEVIL donated to help Peyton Trent
SpeedBallDEVIL owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SpeedBallDEVIL supports Bob Gurnsey
SpeedBallDEVIL supports our troops
SpeedBallDEVIL is reppin' sidebar 4 life
SpeedBallDEVIL has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
yea before the event i heard refs explaining things to each other and going over the rules. by all means they could have been talking about anything else. compared to what i saw at event 3. Refs did a great job this event!
SpeedBallDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:14 PM #74
kidfr0mda631
brian earl spilner

ok ok ok everyone slow downn this is the kid that got kicked out(on another user name) i apologize for everything that happened this event and mostly apologize for my friend on my team who fliped out on everyone(kyle) he shoudlent have went crazy like this but this always happens no matter what BB gets F'D OVER in the end butt i tired to talk 2 rick so many times untill he sed he is gunna physically move me off the feild so dont think i didient try 2 make it right..its not like no1 has sed **** b4 i am from new york lets be for reAL..and in refference to aManda that was rong of him to say. he is an ******* but i love him hahaha. anyways i apologize again for everything and just for the record if i played we would have won lol

Last edited by Madpooh : 09-09-2008 at 12:14 AM.
kidfr0mda631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:22 PM #75
bunyak

bunyak is a Supporting Member
bunyak plays in the USPL
bunyak plays in the PSP
bunyak plays in the APPA D4 division
*edit - no clue how I offended anyone?

Last edited by bunyak : 09-08-2008 at 08:51 PM. Reason: ?
bunyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:28 PM #76
Clutchman
Alfred De Los Santos

Clutchman is a Supporting Member
Clutchman is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidfr0mda631 View Post
ok ok ok everyone slow downn this is the kid that got kicked out(on another user name) i apologize for everything that happened this event and mostly apologize for my friend on my team who fliped out on everyone(kyle) he shoudlent have went crazy like this but this always happens no matter what BB gets F'D OVER in the end butt i tired to talk 2 rick so many times untill he sed he is gunna physically move me off the feild so dont think i didient try 2 make it right..its not like no1 has sed **** b4 i am from new york lets be for reAL..and in refference to aManda that was rong of him to say. he is an ******* but i love him hahaha. anyways i apologize again for everything and just for the record if i played we would have won lol BAD BLOOD ENJOY THAT.
Barraco is prolly the most awesomest/Coolest/Funniest/Greatest person ever.Not only that he's got Girth

"OTHER" L.I. Teams?

Last edited by Clutchman : 09-08-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Clutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:32 PM #77
BonusBaller04
#DERVRUINSEVERYTHING

BonusBaller04 is a Supporting Member
BonusBaller04 works for a Paintball manufacturer
BonusBaller04 plays in the USPL
BonusBaller04 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
BonusBaller04 plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchman View Post
"OTHER" L.I. Teams?
Exactly what I was thinking...
Planet Eclipse /RAZAPB187/Virtue!
SUPPORT THE MAPL

Trendy News PROPAINTBALL.COM
BonusBaller04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:32 PM #78
bunyak

bunyak plays in the USPL
bunyak plays in the PSP

Last edited by bunyak : 09-08-2008 at 08:51 PM. Reason: ?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:38 PM #79
bunyak

bunyak plays in the USPL
bunyak plays in the PSP

Last edited by bunyak : 09-08-2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: ?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:40 PM #80
BonusBaller04
#DERVRUINSEVERYTHING

plays in the NXL
^ with a post like that you actually look like you are looking for one.
My2cents
Planet Eclipse /RAZAPB187/Virtue!
SUPPORT THE MAPL

Trendy News PROPAINTBALL.COM
BonusBaller04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:42 PM #81
bunyak

bunyak plays in the USPL
bunyak plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonusBaller04 View Post
^ with a post like that you actually look like you are looking for one.
My2cents
I knew I shouldn't have posted in here. I guess I'm too old
Old 09-08-2008, 08:43 PM #82
ieatbabies4dinner (Banned)

Long Island Teams Rule!! Stab This Bunyak Foo!
ieatbabies4dinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:45 PM #83
bunyak

bunyak plays in the USPL
bunyak plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatbabies4dinner View Post
Long Island Teams Rule!! Stab This Bunyak Foo!
What are you talking about? Let me try re-stating. I LOVE L.I. and it's teams. I had great respect for ECE and now Orion. All I meant is that they lead the way for young L.I. teams. Why is that bad?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:45 PM #84
BonusBaller04
#DERVRUINSEVERYTHING

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunyak View Post
I knew I shouldn't have posted in here. I guess I'm too old