Community Focus

Old 02-10-2011, 12:24 AM #1
ERA_Evil

has been a member for 10 years
ERA_Evil owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ERA_Evil has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Odyssey RPM New Style

hey guy i need some help with my Odyssey rpm, i cant get it to shoot good, all i have is an evil detonator and i put gauge, thats all.

problems: i cant get it to maintain fps, i geet like reverse FSDO, only the first shot fires decently good, then they barely roll out the barrel. doesnt matter if i turn up the pressure or down. i took it apart and relubed eerything and i meen a complete teardown of internals. any ideas? might it be the board?
DLX Luxe X Virtue ACE
MacDev Cyborg 6 & Drone DX
WGP Prostock 2k4
Dye NT11
My eBay Feedback
ERA_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2011, 09:29 PM #2
DARMAN

DARMAN is for the Gunfight
Hello;

I think the problem is the regulator; it doesn´t refill quickly enough.

wich RPM o Odyssey do you have ?? is it a Type-r / R1 / R2 ?? wich one ?
DARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:56 PM #3
ERA_Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARMAN View Post
Hello;

I think the problem is the regulator; it doesn´t refill quickly enough.

wich RPM o Odyssey do you have ?? is it a Type-r / R1 / R2 ?? wich one ?
hmm the type r are from rex, i also have one of those lol, an r2, but its a different gun

this is the one i have, and its supposed to work without a reg, well sorta, their cheap solution was to regulate the air coming in thru the tank, as in the mor you push the pin more air, but it does the same with the stock "reg" as with an evil detonator, and the det is a good reg :/ so im stumped

DLX Luxe X Virtue ACE
WGP Prostock 2k4
Dye NT11
My eBay Feedback
Old 02-24-2011, 05:38 PM #4
Bosgarage57

If your still using that drop reg on the bottom that comes with it, get rid of it. Get an asa or something and get a good reg (evil det should work) and keep it within its range. Sorry cant help too much havent played in years but thats what I done with my rpm and last time I used it it was amazing.
Bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:03 PM #5
ERA_Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
If your still using that drop reg on the bottom that comes with it, get rid of it. Get an asa or something and get a good reg (evil det should work) and keep it within its range. Sorry cant help too much havent played in years but thats what I done with my rpm and last time I used it it was amazing.
i did get rid of the stock asa/reg and got the det, but it still doesnt maintain the shots with the det, only the first shot is good, after that, all bareley roll out the barrel :/
DLX Luxe X Virtue ACE
WGP Prostock 2k4
Dye NT11
My eBay Feedback
Old 03-06-2011, 05:17 PM #6
rzhukov

rzhukov is playing at Living Legends III
rzhukov owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
rzhukov supports Bob Gurnsey
rzhukov has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
try another reg, some detonators had slow downs issues
rzhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:03 PM #7
Bansh

Try another tank! I had similar problem and the tank seemed fine, but when I borrowed my buddy's 68/4500 thing started shooting ropes, and I didn't adjust the reg.

Also keep an eye on the ball detents! Didn't even notice they were ripped until pro shop pointed them out. Kept chopping balls and paint was covering the eyes. Found out the detents were ripped enough so that 1 and half balls were in the chamber. First shot was fine then second spitting paint. Put new detents in and gun is firing better then the day i got it!
Bansh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:54 PM #8
wisebear1

im having a similar problem with first generation rpm .i turned up the pressure and blew out internal hose so i shipped it out under waranty .when it returned it sat in the closet till now .i pulled it out and still have problem so i lubed the ram.i can screw on a tank get a couple of shots then the bolt just moves back and forth withfiring rod in the ram and doesnt move far enough forward to hit the valve pin in the volumizer to create a shot.should i atempt to lube the solenoid.where can i find any parts
wisebear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:44 PM #9
homerj
The Nicest of The Damned

homerj is a founding member
homerj owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
have you taken it apart to make sure the internal hoses aren't crimped? it really sound's like something is starving the rpm for air. what kind of reg & asa are you using?

OLD FEEDBACK 71+/0-

XBOX LIVE - homer39042
homerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:58 AM #10
wisebear1

rpm wont fire

it all stock still i think the quick disconect on the ram cap is bad i coulnt get it to release so i think the hose going into the lpr is fitting loosely.any idea where i can can get a replace for the quick disconect.im thinking about using the large banjo bolt from a ion for a replacement but its not goinng to look right.the macrolines the same and threads.my otherquestion now is the nipple on the lpr barbed so the hose can be replaced. parts seem verry hard to find and im trying to fix this gun for a freind to use.see earlier post for decription of syptoms

Last edited by wisebear1 : 08-28-2011 at 02:18 AM. Reason: was trying to post as reply
wisebear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:21 PM #11
homerj
The Nicest of The Damned

homerj is a founding member
homerj owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
if it's all stock i would try another tank before i did anything else. the asa reg basically just regulates pressure by only opening your tank's valve a certain amount. could be that it can't open your tank's valve enough to allow a good consistent flow of air. as for the barbs, i'm not sure what you can use as replacements. i'm not rally all that familiar with the rpm, i just know a little. they don't have lpr's do they? if you mean the microline fitting on the ram cap it should be fine if it's a little loose so long as it doesn't leak.

OLD FEEDBACK 71+/0-

XBOX LIVE - homer39042
homerj is offline   Reply With Quote