PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-16-2012, 06:56 AM #148
byarosh201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve06
As a side note, just finished with 100% sync. I've done everything in the game.
I got it 2 days ago I'm at 50% already. I've gotten full sync on every mission I've done so far. And I work on chests/feathers when I see them. I feel like its taking much less time than ac2 and its 2 sequels.
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2012, 01:33 PM #149
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

Yeah, you can complete everything much faster than in the past. I've worked to get all the feathers and chests in the past long after finishing the game, however, this time I cleared them out in about an hours worth of fast traveling around.
Nerve06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:43 AM #150
byarosh201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve06
Yeah, you can complete everything much faster than in the past. I've worked to get all the feathers and chests in the past long after finishing the game, however, this time I cleared them out in about an hours worth of fast traveling around.
Yeah I feel like if you do the majority of the viewpoints via fast travel you can get all the chests and feathers quickly.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:48 AM #151
CyberThug
Playing it Bogart

CyberThug is a Supporting Member
CyberThug is a founding member
CyberThug is reppin' sidebar 4 life
CyberThug is Legendary
CyberThug is Boss
CyberThug is Immortal
One viewpoint I just can't seem to get. The one in frontier, the tree with the cows around the bottom. For some reason I am unable to climb up the tree all the way without Connor randomly leaping into the pile of leaves.

Basically the last thing to do.
CyberThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:51 PM #152
byarosh201

I feel like all the viewpoints have the same type of design in how you have to climb them which makes me sad. I feel like with the trees they could have made some interesting and unique ways. But instead they just copy pasted the same tree for viewpoints.

With buildings I understand as the architecture of the time was very symmetrical. And that's fine, I feel as though they copped out on some aspects that used to be treated with much more detail in previous installations. It's still a good game though.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:21 PM #153
Sand6452
Pour, count, lick, stick

has been a member for 10 years
Sand6452 plays in the PSP
Sand6452 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sand6452 is an NCPA player
Sand6452 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by byarosh201 View Post
I feel like all the viewpoints have the same type of design in how you have to climb them which makes me sad. I feel like with the trees they could have made some interesting and unique ways. But instead they just copy pasted the same tree for viewpoints.

With buildings I understand as the architecture of the time was very symmetrical. And that's fine, I feel as though they copped out on some aspects that used to be treated with much more detail in previous installations. It's still a good game though.
Woulda been cool to see like view point access similar to that of the assassins tombs in ACII
Sand6452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:58 PM #154
byarosh201

Would've been nice to put in things that had more platforming sequences. I felt this game made you want to stay more on flat ground that try to free run on rooftops or the trees.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:04 PM #155
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

has been a member for 10 years
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard is playing at Living Legends VIII
digitard has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberThug View Post
One viewpoint I just can't seem to get. The one in frontier, the tree with the cows around the bottom. For some reason I am unable to climb up the tree all the way without Connor randomly leaping into the pile of leaves.

Basically the last thing to do.
You need to stop swinging on the branch JUST before he leaps off, and then scoot over and position yourself so you're closer to the next tree piece. Then start your swing, and you'll jump to it instead of the leaves.

I had that happen twice getting that one.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:59 PM #156
CyberThug
Playing it Bogart

CyberThug is a Supporting Member
CyberThug is a founding member
CyberThug is reppin' sidebar 4 life
CyberThug is Legendary
CyberThug is Boss
CyberThug is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard

You need to stop swinging on the branch JUST before he leaps off, and then scoot over and position yourself so you're closer to the next tree piece. Then start your swing, and you'll jump to it instead of the leaves.

Thanks. Ill give it a shot next time I load the game up.
CyberThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:26 PM #157
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post

I'm pissed that they basically got rid of the super difficult tombs, like for example the huge Cathedral from Brotherhood. They could have made some awesome tombs in this, but they refused to do so. Instead they copped out with some BS peg leg missions that took a collective 45 minutes to finish, if that.

Best time I've had in an AC game ever:

Nerve06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:26 AM #158
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

They Call Me Rain is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
They Call Me Rain supports DLX Technology
They Call Me Rain supports Ninja Paintball
They Call Me Rain supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by slateman View Post
I love the naval battles. Just wish the broadsides were available for separate sides of your boat
I thought the same thing with broad sides
Also, more ammunition types to choose from, possibly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve06 View Post
Just finished the game.

Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
So, while the ending wasn't nearly as bad as people made it sound, it was still infuriating. I had a feeling for quite some time that one of the first civilization would end up being the main bad guy. So Juno's plan to conquer the world was not that surprising. That said, I hate how after the Battle of Monmouth, the story goes completely ****ing haywire:

So are we to believe Connor abandons the Patriot cause, yet somehow still ends up at the Siege of Yorktown? And to top it off, the French join him in shelling New York for ****s and giggles after the war has concluded? Made zero sense.

I also hated how they did away with easily one of the most memorable and likable villains of the AC franchise in Haytham. He got very little in the way of a proper send off in my mind.

Overall, from Monmouth on, the story goes completely sideways, and ****s up consistently. I guess we're just to assume that the Revolutionary War goes the path of history and that's that. I didn't like how we got no closure on any of the founding fathers, or what they are up to now, other than Lee threatening to "burn their corpses."

The ending of Desmond definitely sets up for ACIIII on the next gen systems with a new protagonist, or Desmond communicating to the new protagonist through the animus.

Frustrating ending, yet expected, yet somewhat satisfying. Meh, I don't even know how I feel, since I've been used to these endings since the original AC.

Yeah.
Yeah.
Quote:
As a side note, just finished with 100% sync. I've done everything in the game.
HOW. There are some missions I simply can't do Perfectly. I'm not an achievment whore, but I'm shooting for 75% at the minimum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by byarosh201 View Post
Would've been nice to put in things that had more platforming sequences. I felt this game made you want to stay more on flat ground that try to free run on rooftops or the trees.
Yeah. I noticed in this game that there weren't as many. You can easily spot all the free running spots to start your run, but sometimes they just don't seem to help you at all.
Quote:

I'm pissed that they basically got rid of the super difficult tombs, like for example the huge Cathedral from Brotherhood. They could have made some awesome tombs in this, but they refused to do so. Instead they copped out with some BS peg leg missions that took a collective 45 minutes to finish, if that.

Best time I've had in an AC game ever:

One of my favorites

Can anyone explain the homestead to me (seriously)
I want to start using it, but I really don't know what it's good for. I have all the weapons I need, money isn't really a problem, I just need to finish upgrading the Aquila...

What else is there to buy/do?

Doing secondary missions/feathers now as the main story is done. Oh and with the treasure chests, some of them don't open. After I start cracking the lock blah blah after aligning the angles, it moves the lock all the way to the left, then resets?
They Call Me Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:04 AM #159
earlsweatshirt (Banned)

All of these games are the same, im going back to AC2.
earlsweatshirt is offline   Reply With Quote