Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 10:30 PM #64
Macris
u n d e r d o g s ♥

has been a member for 10 years
Macris is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
22.05 Three-for-One.
Assessment of the three for-one rule (the removal of the player committing the infraction and three teammates) will take place for the following infractions:

(1) Playing-On. Player fires marker after acknowledging elimination.
from the rulebook in regards to someone shooting after being eliminated.
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2008, 10:31 PM #65
speedball7

speedball7 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
exactly
Old Trust
New Trust
Old 07-28-2008, 10:32 PM #66
thebusinessman2
SUP *****?

thebusinessman2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
thebusinessman2 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thebusinessman2 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
thebusinessman2 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
thebusinessman2 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macris View Post
from the rulebook in regards to someone shooting after being eliminated.
i guess field 5 didnt no that.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:34 PM #67
rrush89

rrush89 is an NCPA player
rrush89 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBANxFLOW View Post
As for the out of bounds... Besides the **** layout where the out of bounds line was less then a foot away from the brick In. The snake the refs were just yelling myself And spectators did not even specificly hear player out of bounds and even that sounds like player out... Which would make sense since he is shooting the other team as he runs through ... The penalty was assessd because he allegedly stepped out when other spectators said he didn't even do as much as that and then played on when he was not even clear he was called out
So you expect a ref that is watching the game standing still to magically accelerate to the same speed as the kid on the run through in order to pull him? And it doesn't matter if he knew he was out of bounds or not... its still a penalty. Let's take a look at football for a comparison. Illegal touching is a penalty called when a receiver steps out of bounds and is then the first player to touch a pass. Does the ref chase him down the field yelling "Hey you touched the sideline so you better not catch that pass." No, he doesn't. It is a players responsibiliity to be aware of his position on the field. How hard is it to run in a straight line anyway?
Old 07-28-2008, 10:53 PM #68
URBANxFLOW

yes just as much as it's the people who make the fields responsibility to make the fields playable ... That out of bounds line was rediculous... And when I was reffering to not pulling the armbandi mean when players were In there bunkers

People can make all the excuses they want but the truth is the reffing and fields were not good
Old 07-28-2008, 10:56 PM #69
DoTheDewNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBANxFLOW View Post
yes just as much as it's the people who make the fields responsibility to make the fields playable ... That out of bounds line was rediculous... And when I was reffering to not pulling the armbandi mean when players were In there bunkers

People can make all the excuses they want but the truth is the reffing and fields were not good
Have you ever reffed a GPL?

I've got news for you, the players are never appreciative when calls don't go their way. it's always refs suck this or refs suck that.

It's nothing new, and guess what, your not going to be the last person to say it.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:58 PM #70
URBANxFLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedball7 View Post
exactly
After knowledge of being eliminated... The player did not ... No out of bounds lime was ever that close and all he heard was screming which made sense so de he made an aggressive move and was shooting people
Old 07-28-2008, 11:02 PM #71
ego crazy 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebusinessman2 View Post
when a player gets his handband pulled. starts walking to the dead box. then starts shooting at an opposing player. what should happen to that player whos armband was pulled.
playing on
Old 07-28-2008, 11:02 PM #72
URBANxFLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheDewNJ View Post
H
ave you ever reffed a GPL?

I've got news for you, the players are never appreciative when calls don't go their way. it's always refs suck this or refs suck that.

It's nothing new, and guess what, your not going to be the last person to say it.
No but I have played plenty of events and the Gpl reffing has been by far the worst
Sure players won't be happy but atleast make the right calls

Alot of these points that people are saying g have little or no validity
And I'm not the only one saying g the reffing wasn't good
Old 07-28-2008, 11:07 PM #73
DoTheDewNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ego crazy 96 View Post
playing on
That is a few different Penaltys.

Quote:
Shooting After Eliminated

21.01 PLAYING ON

(7) Remaining in the game while making no effort to leave the field. Players who have been marked with paint or have otherwise signaled their elimination, who remain in the game (i.e. make movements to indicate that they are live/active players, or players who do not leave the playing field promptly) may be subject to a Playing on Penalty

22.03 One-for-One.
(9) Dead Man Walks are prohibited: as defined herein: Players that take such action that would cause members of the opposing team or field referees to reasonably believe that such players have been eliminated, including but not limited to, calling themselves hit or out, hiding their armbands, holding the markers above the shoulders, placing objects in the barrel, walking with eliminated player(s), turning away from oncoming aggressive player(s) will be eliminated. Players who have been marked by a player doing a dead man walk will be reinstated in the game by a referee unless their armband has already been removed then the player is eliminated.

(4) Illegal Reentry. Player leaves the dead box and reenters the field, but does not shoot any paintballs.

22.04 Two-for-One.
Assessment of the two-for-one rule (the removal of the player committing the infraction and two teammates) may take place for the following infractions:

(1) Playing-On. Player continues to play after an obvious hit and materially alters of the course of the game.
Since it is a game altering move. Two-for-One and Maybe a 2nd One for One for the Dead Mans Walk.

Last edited by DoTheDewNJ : 07-28-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:27 PM #74
SpeedBallDEVIL
Certified KEE Technician

SpeedBallDEVIL donated to help Peyton Trent
SpeedBallDEVIL owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SpeedBallDEVIL supports Bob Gurnsey
SpeedBallDEVIL supports our troops
SpeedBallDEVIL is reppin' sidebar 4 life
SpeedBallDEVIL has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
i watched 5 man and the reffing was terrible. saw a few bad calls compared to other tournaments were i have seen absolutly none.

the players also talking a lot of **** to the ref's. Something needs to be done about keeping the mouths of the upset players under control atleast on the field and something about the poor refs needs to be done.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:09 AM #75
Under Ground A

in my opinion reffing was great ik thats easy to say when u do well but there only human, with that said i think the event ran well and ill def be back again

The California Kid back in the Beast of the East
Old 07-29-2008, 12:46 AM #76
LIL SOLS 17

field 2 gave away our snake player sooo bad, and field 5 was just terrrriiiblleee in every way shape and form. i guess hanging a flag with 2 blatent hits on ur leg and pack are considered clean : dodgy :
Old 07-29-2008, 10:14 AM #77
FBM Nick

FBM Nick plays in the PSP
FBM Nick supports Cereal Killerz 2
FBM Nick owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FBM Nick plays in the APPA D5 division
reffing was fine in my opinion.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:33 AM #78
spree-

spree- is a Supporting Member
spree- donated to help Peyton Trent
Reffing is always horrible for 7-man GPL but what else is new... GPL is just a very expensive practice.

FKA
Old Pbn feedback 49+

Last edited by spree- : 07-29-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:42 AM #79
spree-

spree- is a Supporting Member
spree- donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitBigE144 View Post
So Rick and/or I reffed personally about 90% of the games between us. Sunday we added 5 more refs to the field. This meant we had the original 11 refs, chrono judge and 5 addition and Rick and I....11 +1 + 5 + 2 = 19 refs and 14 players.
Come on Big E... lol

You had 19 refs and yet you were still the only one actually going in and checking people... At one point You were trying to ref and Rick was trying to have a conversation with you during a game... The reffing needs a lot of work. Jose needs to be a chrono ref he was horrible on the field.

FKA
Old Pbn feedback 49+
Old 07-29-2008, 11:12 AM #80
bombsqd318
Initial Success Or Death

bombsqd318 is a Supporting Member
bombsqd318 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bombsqd318 plays in the APPA beginner division
^ Qft

R.I.P. OG XBall

R.I.P. NXL
Old 07-29-2008, 12:05 PM #81
CrazyAlmond0527

its one thing to step out of bounds but its another thing where u can barley see the line in white and its 2 feet to the side of some important bunkers.........
Old 07-29-2008, 02:54 PM #82
BC Predz
digiwave

BC Predz is a Supporting Member
BC Predz plays in the USPL
BC Predz plays in the PSP
BC Predz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BC Predz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego

I saw a certain somebody look the other way on that head hit. Sad part is the kid actually ask for a check but still nothing was done.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:03 PM #83
CrazyAlmond0527

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Predz View Post

I saw a certain somebody look the other way on that head hit. Sad part is the kid actually ask for a check but still nothing was done.
busteddddddddd lol
Old 07-29-2008, 04:02 PM #84
MisfitBigE144
PB God -28yrs N' Counting

plays in the NXL
MisfitBigE144 supports Bob Gurnsey
MisfitBigE144 plays in the APPA D4 division
MisfitBigE144 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MisfitBigE144 supports Ninja Paintball
That is pretty gay. You take a snap shot of the event, and have no idea whether the hit came 2 seconds before this shot or whether there is a ref on the way to pull a penalty.

And so what exactly are your trying to prove with this picture? Chris Pearson who is the son of one of my sponsors from Fox has a hit on his head or Esse is checking Gainey who has also played Chicago on my D2 x-Ball team and may likely play on my D2 line for NorthEast Open. Are you implying favortism for the refereeing?

I'm thinking this is a pretty lame as attempt for a pity party. I bring the chips and dip.

I shall call the WHAMMMbulance. Sorry. Can't show me favortism there. Just a call that should come faster. It is hard to check the guy on the ground and the guy standing up at the same time. Unlike cameleons that can rotate their eyes indepently - we can only really check one guy at a time when we are that close.

Ewww scary - I knew both the players names.

Sorry. Owned.

Ultimate Judge Eastern Paintball League- www.eplseries.com

Last edited by MisfitBigE144 : 07-29-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Closed Thread