Old 02-05-2013, 07:12 PM #1
Kurupt310
Narro Verum

Kurupt310 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Kurupt310 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Kurupt310 supports Shocker RSX
Hammer 7 Grip

I've been thinking about getting a Hammer 7 for the first strike capabilities alone but there is one thing that stops me from ordering one. They trigger frame grip looks like cheap hot garbage and looks very uncomfortable.

Does the .45 frame block come off like the old spyders? If I could put a Hogue M16 grip like phantoms or the original spyders (not 100% sure this would work) I would order one right now.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:25 PM #2
danssoslow

No, it does not.

But don't let that stop you! Other 45 grips fit well; and maybe you could mod the frame to take those handles.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:29 PM #3
Kurupt310
Narro Verum

Thanks for the answer. I guess some panels might not be so bad. The holes just seem poorly placed. .45 grip holes are suppose to be around to the top of the trigger for your hand to grip it correctly.

I'll probably order one anyways, hard to go wrong for $130.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:18 AM #4
sambob117
aka Salmon

sambob117 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
sambob117 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 supports Ninja Paintball
Panels are quite comfortable on it
sambob117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:53 PM #5
Punisher068

Stock grips arent too bad,nice grippy texture,I put split panels on mine just because.
I've got a review thread here
Its my 1st pump Ive owned,played with it twice now,I really like it
Check out the mods on M Carter Brown and you'll be convinced,alot you can do with the H7
Most bang for the buck paintball eqpt. I've EVER bought(Revys a close 2nd),I've been playing since 1995.
Ion w\Axe Relay
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:50 PM #6
nerdcore
Radical!

nerdcore is a top reviewer
nerdcore is Legendary
The grip screw holes are set kinda low, true, but it still feels ok. I put on different wrap-around grips that were a bit more textured, bit more comfy - panels made the grip feel too small (the front of the wrap-arounds actually sticks out a bit).

If you play without gloves, or all fingerless, you'll probably feel the frame edges around the rear screw. They can dig a bit. But they sand down easy since the frame is composite. Probably the only modding you'll need to do for comfort.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:35 PM #7
Kurupt310
Narro Verum

Thanks for all the info and opinions. I have checked out the mod thread on mcaterbrown, I kind of like the resin grip mods a guy posted on there.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:17 PM #8
danssoslow

That resin is cheap, btw. If I'd had run into before doing the pump mods, I would have used it there, too. The lower screws on the grip are still threading directly into the Amazing resin. I have installed and removed the grips damn near 50 times doing things to the gun, and they still thread tight; without a hint of having to over-screw the bolts to be tight (as seen by how deep the pan head sits within the grips). Great name for the stuff, that Amazing. Hobby Lobby and a lot of hobby stores in general carry it. Plus, there are tints available.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:53 PM #9
Kurupt310
Narro Verum

That must be your post then haha. What did you use at the top for your Pachmayr grips? Was it just a 1911 grip bushing?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:01 AM #10
danssoslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt310 View Post
That must be your post then haha. What did you use at the top for your Pachmayr grips? Was it just a 1911 grip bushing?
As the female thread inserts? Is used some aluminum threaded inserts for those. I purchased them at a Do-it-Best hardware store, and look like tiny solid heli-coils. I couldn't find the knurled type locally.

They were a tad long, so I ground them down on a disk grinder. The heat created by grinding was a big help in getting them inserted into the plastic frame. Ground down what little was sticking up after the frame started to cool down (which was pretty quickly) with a Dremel cut off wheel and they are now stuck in there for good.

Last edited by danssoslow : 02-07-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:14 PM #11
akwiedzo

akwiedzo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
akwiedzo supports DLX Technology

awesome fit and finish on the grips eh
akwiedzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:35 AM #12
Frizzle Fry
AO Micromag Guy

Frizzle Fry is playing at Living Legends III
Frizzle Fry supports Ninja Paintball
It's very solid for a composite material, not nearly as cheap feeling or fragile as I was afraid it would be...

That said, it SUCKS.

This is not a true "45" frame - it's much taller design that just happens to accept 45 style grips. With any kind of grip that has finger grooves (including the stock grips) it's extremely uncomfortable; I can fit two fingers between the top groove in the grips and the bottom of the trigger guard, and I have big hands.

Kingman REALLY dropped the ball on this.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:34 AM #13
Bluedun
Ballin' since 1988

Bluedun owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Bluedun supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
It's very solid for a composite material, not nearly as cheap feeling or fragile as I was afraid it would be...

That said, it SUCKS.

This is not a true "45" frame - it's much taller design that just happens to accept 45 style grips. With any kind of grip that has finger grooves (including the stock grips) it's extremely uncomfortable; I can fit two fingers between the top groove in the grips and the bottom of the trigger guard, and I have big hands.

Kingman REALLY dropped the ball on this.

I just picked one of these up, I've been playing for a long time and can't think of a better entry level pump gun ever made.

I'm not sure why you hate it so much.......but my expectations were very low, maybe you were expecting too much?

Bluedun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:49 PM #14
Flatliner68

I have one and so far I am very impressed. It's not a $1000 marker, but it wasn't a $1000 either...

Tiberius T8.1, RAP4 Gen7 T68, Hammer7 with Lapco Rifled barrel, Heavily modded Tippmann A5 with a working "Rain Cover", WGP AutoCocker, etc, etc, etc...
Flatliner68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:24 PM #15
R3L
CCM is not a verb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedun View Post
I just picked one of these up, I've been playing for a long time and can't think of a better entry level pump gun ever made.

I'm not sure why you hate it so much.......but my expectations were very low, maybe you were expecting too much?
No, I was expecting Kingman, with 20 years in paintball, to not screw the grip up. Just look at that picture! Why would anyone decide that quarter inch gap was good enough?

And who decided to wrap the pump handle around a skinny barrel so aftermarket barrels would not fit. (Except for carbon fiber and brass.)

Plus the bolt lacks an oring, so there's an unacceptable amount of blowby up the feedneck. And folks are having problems with the dual-use magazines and normal paint.

Really, the Empire Trracer is a better gun for the same price. With one exception and that is firing FSRs from a clip.