PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-12-2002, 05:45 PM #1
Newbie53

has been a member for 10 years
new to paintball

how do you play and does it hurt alot? a friend of mine is selling me a eagle talon or something for 100 bucks. is that a good deal?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2002, 05:58 PM #2
TeamDynamic

i play tournies and i play front(sweet ).It hurts like the first time you play but then like your second game your so full of adrenline rush that you dont even feel it.I got shot in the neck and the sack and i didnt feel it till my teammate told me.and a talon for a 100 dollars you must be kidding me i rather throw paint with my hand.Get a used spyder !!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2002, 07:08 PM #3
Makestro

no its not a gooddeal its a20$ gun.... go buy a rpator if u want a BE, go with aspyder tho.... best for beginners
Old 03-12-2002, 07:14 PM #4
jacobob5789

my pb gear cost me about $300 bucks, ($261.07)

Spyder Xtra
16 oz chromolly
Jt Flex 7 Thermal
200 rd hopper
Squeege
Thread Protector
Neck Protector

In my opinion these are guns i would choose from:

Spyder Xtra
Tippmann 98 Custom
PI Black Dragun

Check out www.pbreview.com
lots of good reviews
Old 03-12-2002, 08:24 PM #5
Black Ice 72
Banned

Re: new to paintball

Quote:
Originally posted by Newbie53
how do you play and does it hurt alot? a friend of mine is selling me a eagle talon or something for 100 bucks. is that a good deal?
That is a very bad deal. I do not mean to sound unkind about it, but $100 is about 5x the amount of what you can get them new for. It depends on how often you get punched by older brothers or do rough things. As a child, my neighbors and older brother beat on me a lot because I was much younger then they were. I was brought up to be pretty strong so when I started playing it did not hurt. My cousin on the other hand was 15 when he played for the first time. He was like tearing because it hurt. I do not want to discourage you, though. I bet you will be fine, just don't think about it.

Also, just remember, if indeed it is painfull, the pain will pass in 10 seconds MAXIMUM! Just like getting a friendly punch by a friend.
Old 03-12-2002, 09:37 PM #6
Azura69

definately a bad deal!
get a tippman 98 custom for just a little more than that.
Old 03-13-2002, 01:07 PM #7
sp|2ay & P|2ay

lol if you buy that you are getting beat for your money.. Yeah if i was you with a 100 bucks i would get a syder C2K
Old 03-13-2002, 05:30 PM #8
Gustaf

If you are preoccupied with getting hit and waiting to feel the ‘pain’ then yea It might hurt a little more. The only time that it really has hurt me to far was getting hit in the hand with no gloves on.
Old 03-13-2002, 06:37 PM #9
Squattingdog

Squattingdog is a founding member
I would recommend that you get a Spyder or Tippman for a first gun. You have to realize something. Guns do break down and you will need to get replacement parts.Just about every Paintball Store carries parts for Spyders and Tippmans. Do some research beforew you buy your first gun. A good used gun is a good idea. This way you can get into the sport at a lowere price and you can see if you like it.
Old 03-13-2002, 07:44 PM #10
Black Ice 72
Banned

Also, protect your damn head. I'll be the first AND the last person to tell you that head shots do hurt if they are in the right spot. Wear a beanie or a hat or something.
Old 03-14-2002, 10:00 AM #11
Makestro

actualy.... my true opinion is get a brass easgle stingray2... it was my first gun... it helps u learn the basics and sence there are very few parts its easy to fix... also helps u learn paintballs dont shot as srtraight as u think... its a good begginner gun.... either that or a tippmann 98
Old 03-14-2002, 02:44 PM #12
nomagic b

if i were you i would get the talon the pumping of the gun increases the exercise you will get. whatever you do don't get a matrix or a halo or an RT.
Old 03-14-2002, 03:11 PM #13
Eyecare

Eyecare is a Supporting Member
new to paintball - Really?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newbie53
Quote:
Newbie53's sig
be sure to make the elimination... overshoot everyone.
Somehow the question and sig don't seem to match

Pics of my guns

Doc's SP Patent FAQ and related article
Old 03-14-2002, 06:29 PM #14
Black Ice 72
Banned

Yeah, that sig is totally inappropriate. I have seen numerous amounts of fights because of overshooting while bunkering and just regular overshooting.

If you mean it in a kidding manner, at least use the please. I personally don't mind it, but you never know who takes these sigs seriously.