Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 06-19-2012, 09:31 PM #43
by5t

by5t plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
by5t supports Team VICIOUS
by5t plays in the APPA D3 division
What time are we starting up on Saturday?

Also if anyone else wants to come out just post here. It would be great to get a few more people out.
by5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2012, 09:33 PM #44
iNvaZN
BALL SO HARD

has been a member for 10 years
iNvaZN helped look for balloons
 is playing at Living Legends XI
iNvaZN supports our troops
I'll probably be there around 9:30 - 10ish. Bringing out some new toys this weekend

there's usually a lot of local traffic in the area so try not to leave too last minute!

90+
PBN | 650+ eBay | PAID badges | 2K4 OG

iNvaZN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:56 PM #45
by5t

by5t plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Sounds good. Yeah, I know the racetrack always brings a ton of traffic.

Haha Looking forward to seeing what new stuff you're bringing out. If you don't sell that NT11 soon I might have to talk to you about it...
Old 06-19-2012, 10:00 PM #46
iNvaZN
BALL SO HARD

haha I had a buyer that bailed (surprise, surprise). I'd knock it down to $600 for you if you want to pay straight up cash

bringing a Clone GT, 1 of 1 DM12, Blink Ego 10 and maybe another gun or 2 haha

90+

Old 06-20-2012, 04:49 PM #47
iNvaZN
BALL SO HARD

update - on the FB event we have 12 of my people coming not including us.

this is going to be a good weekend

90+

Old 06-20-2012, 09:37 PM #48
by5t

by5t plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Thats awesome! Can't wait to get out on the turf. Hopefully it cools off for Saturday.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:14 PM #49
BDM_JSpade

Good practice.

I think yesterday we had our best practice as a team. I was thinking about the possibility of just branching out from the cuny thing and just starting a d4/d5 beginner team? We have me, kris, scott and scotts brother. thats 4 so far all we need is one more. What do you guys think?

Also we should try to start regularly playing at a field so they get to know us more. thus we can discounts. i know calverton is miles away but entry+case+plus air is only 45 dollars there. if we all carpool then we can save on gas/etc..bring a cooler a tent and make a day out of it. Also, it seemed like we played a lot harder, more authentic teams there and i think we should be striving to compete against the highest level possible even if we get noobed. I liked the idea of playing with those guys who came down with Kris, but they seriously weren't that good and unfortunately continued to cheat. That wouldnt happen at calverton cause refs and players seemed more capable of doing their job/helping out. This is just my opinion of course. let me know what you guys think. Also, dont think i can make practice on the 7th... what about the 8th?
BDM_JSpade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:13 PM #50
by5t

by5t plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Practice was a lot of fun and it seems like we are playing well together. I think the beginner/dwhatever team is a good idea. It will give us the opportunity to do more right now. We could also still try to do the CUNY thing as well if we can find people who are interested. I have another CUNY guy who said he will be able to start practicing in another week or two. We can see how that goes. If we do the non-CUNY team how do you want to go about finding more people? It would be great to find another 6 people that way we can always have another line to scrim against.

I liked playing at Calverton but I remember everyone saying the speedball field doesn't get much action on Saturday's, which it sounds like is a better practice day for everyone. What about Meadowlands when it reopens? The competition should be the same level and would be more central for the three of us. We could do Calverton or something until then. Also wasn't Calverton $65 for entry and pant?

Thats my $0.02.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:32 PM #51
iNvaZN
BALL SO HARD

I agree about having an awesome practice and I also think maybe we should just start looking to add players to our roster rather than just CUNY students.

I can play/practice wherever but we have to pick a spot and play there regularly. We'd have to talk to the owner about getting a team special for us..
(talked to someone that owns 3 fields in NJ, and he started Rex Plex & LLP pb fields back in the 90s. he said it would be $40 for entry/paint if we start practicing there. the team he coaches practices at LLP on Sundays)

As far as getting fresh blood we'd probably have to post up a thread saying we're having tryouts at X field on X date so we can get a headcount of how many people we expect to come and play.

90+

Old 06-25-2012, 09:46 PM #52
iNvaZN
BALL SO HARD

& I noticed there are quite a few teams doing tryouts now as well for the upcoming season. looks like there are tryouts being held at Allstar and LLP within the next few weeks too.

90+

Old 06-26-2012, 02:58 PM #53
BDM_JSpade

Good points men.

Scott and Kris, you guys make some really valid points. I think we should initialize a team outside of cuny. If you want to do a tryout we can do that. For now i think we should work with what we got. As for a place we play at consistently then i dont mind if we go to llp. they are doing a thursday night thing i heard where entry+case is 45. Also, Kris, if you know someone who would give us discounts or whatnot let us know. Also pball authority is right there and they have a thing where if you come down with a sqaud of 5 entryaircase is only 50 dollars any day as long as you got 5 guys. With another 3 or 4 practices i think we should be looking at out first beginners tourney at the end of august maybe... if we're lucky we can get two more definites.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:04 PM #54
by5t

by5t plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
I'm sure we can find a balance of good competition and price. $40 a case is pretty awesome though. Whatever makes the most sense is cool with me.

You're right there are a couple teams that are doing tryouts which is odd for mid season. Maybe once we pick a date for next practice we can post a thread and see if we can even get a few other people out and go from there. But we can def keep going with what we have.

I'm looking forward to getting this all together. Oh and I should be able to do practice on the 8th.

Last edited by by5t : 06-26-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:15 PM #55
BDM_JSpade

next thursday night?

IF LLP IS DOING A NEXT THURSDAY NIGHT 45 FOR caseentryair would you guys be willing to do a practice? sun dont go down until 8 so we would be able to get some time in. let me know, i know some people have work.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:20 PM #56
iNvaZN
BALL SO HARD

I'll double check to see if I'm free on the 8th and LLP works great for me too.

They're having a $45 thing for entry + case at LLP on thursday nights?? I can talk to Jim about giving us a special rate if we start practicing there more often and I'm sure they can take care of us. Yeah I think it's good that PB Authority is right next door too

I'd love to come out on a thursday night after work, just might take me a while to zip through all the traffic into NJ haha. Any clue what time that thing starts?

90+

Old 06-26-2012, 06:07 PM #57
iNvaZN
BALL SO HARD

more info about thursday nights at LLP - "Streetball has been moved to Thursday night. We'll start at 5pm. Pricing is $45 case and entry. Hope to see everyone out there!"

I can't see myself getting there around 5

90+

Old 06-27-2012, 06:46 PM #58
by5t

by5t plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
I don't know if I would make it there in time on a Thursday night. The earliest I see myself getting there is probably 730 which would be too late if it starts at 5:00.

Hopefully we can get a similar deal for regular practices. I'm already looking forward to getting back out.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:57 PM #59
iNvaZN
BALL SO HARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by by5t View Post
I don't know if I would make it there in time on a Thursday night. The earliest I see myself getting there is probably 730 which would be too late if it starts at 5:00.

Hopefully we can get a similar deal for regular practices. I'm already looking forward to getting back out.
I'm looking forward to the next practice as well and LLP said thursday street ball ends around 8 when the sun goes down. I doubt I can get there early as well since I usually get out late from work

90+

Old 07-02-2012, 09:29 AM #60
by5t

by5t plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Wanted to check in and see if everyone is good for practice this Sunday the 8th. Are we going to do LLP again?

Also what do you guys think about making a thread in the NJ or NY forum saying we're starting a new d5/d4 team and are looking for people. Hopefully we'd be able to get at least one person for Sunday so we had a full 5. Let me know what you think and I could post it up
Old 07-02-2012, 11:44 AM #61
iNvaZN
BALL SO HARD

the 8th @ LLP works for me...

posting it up in the team tryouts sticky on top of both the NJ & NY forums and making a tryout thread would be best I think

90+

Old 07-02-2012, 05:31 PM #62
iNvaZN
BALL SO HARD

ok boys we'll be playing with NYCE @ LLP on sunday. they have a squad of 7 guys coming through, 1 guy from my PB group from last week (the big guy in the brown shirt and DM12) PLUS us for a solid 11/12 players depending how many people we have coming out.

team NYCE on the PE blog - http://eclipsehq.blogspot.com/2012/07/nyce.html?m=1

90+

Old 07-02-2012, 09:20 PM #63
by5t

by5t plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Awesome. Sounds like we should be able to get some good practice in. Hopefully they aren't all d1....haha I think this weekend is EPL so its good to know there will be some people out.

I'm going to try and post in those threads and see if we can get a few more people out for us. Gotta start building up the team!
ReplyRegional Ups