Community Focus

Old 01-28-2013, 09:32 PM #1
pbkidminion
minion

pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
And I thought to myself, instead of everybody wanting to get paintball into the Olympics, why not push for the summer X Games first? The PSP could go to the X Games board and work it out to have one event of the season AT the X Games.

They could bring back the huge X's for that event, maybe even the rest of the old XBall bunkers and rules (even if only for a special division) as the old xball league was more fun to watch. It would be a great step for paintball and everybody could see the X's and xball again.

X-Ball at the X Games anyone?
-Hell Survivors Mercenary #77-

Sandana Owners Club
pbkidminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2013, 09:56 PM #2
jaredspurr

jaredspurr owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jaredspurr has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jaredspurr has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
jaredspurr is attending Decay of Nations VI
sounds good but doubt it will happen
Old 02-10-2013, 07:07 PM #3
cville33
GO BLUE!!!

cville33 supports Team VICIOUS
cville33 supports Team VICIOUS
cville33 is an NCPA player
cville33 supports Empire
I can't see paintball in the X games anytime soon (even though it would be cool). Why? The X games if I do recall are all currently individual events, while paintball is a team sport.
University of Michigan Paintball Club - President 2013-15 #5
University of Michigan Mechanical Engineering Class of 2015
GO BLUE!
Facebook: Univ. of Michigan Paintball Team
YouTube Channel- Gameplays, Shooting demos, etc.
cville33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:03 PM #4
spqr-king

spqr-king plays in the APPA beginner division
I love the idea but the PSP has zero sponsors outside of the paintball community that I am aware of... It would be great for them to pick up steam and they have been the last few year so let see what happens...
Old 02-21-2013, 12:32 PM #5
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by spqr-king View Post
I love the idea but the PSP has zero sponsors outside of the paintball community that I am aware of... It would be great for them to pick up steam and they have been the last few year so let see what happens...
RockStar
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:35 AM #6
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Don't forget, in the X games there has to be some potential for getting maimed or killed.

Paintball may call itself an "extreme sport" but it is NOT even close.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:15 AM #7
GanjaPalooza
Double D

GanjaPalooza owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
GanjaPalooza plays in the APPA D4 division
GanjaPalooza has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I never figured out why so many people seem to be against the idea, or think it would never happen.

X Games and Paintball would be an amazing happening for Paintball.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:42 PM #8
paintballer612

paintballer612 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer612 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i wish they would do that
paintballer612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:32 PM #9
PaintmyBalls904

Instead of waiting for outside sponsors to contact paintballers, I hope the top paintball teams have been compiling exciting footage of paintballing and taking it to them. Energy drinks such as rockstar are a perfect match for paintball. Extreme sports is sorta going back underground. Every trick imaginable has been done and they have lost a lot of wow factor. They brought in new things such as downhill sports and rally car racing to keep us interested, I think paintball has a shot. Maybe we need to think of a good twist to the game to make it more "extreme" for them. This Citadel scenario game with people parachuting and climbing walls for example. Go for a "hunger games" style elimination with every man for himself, put into a giant maze...
PaintmyBalls904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:42 PM #10
IPlaySoccer
Resident Chelsea Fan

IPlaySoccer is playing at Living Legends VII
IPlaySoccer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
IPlaySoccer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IPlaySoccer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I think x-games is do-able, Olympics is never going to happen.
IPlaySoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:30 PM #11
ChaseJax

ChaseJax is attending Decay of Nations VII
ChaseJax supports Empire
I think the problem is the lack of good quality camera work.
Its too hard to tell who's being hit by who and what's going on in paintball videos.
They need better camera work cause every video I've watched you can't root for someone and see he's getting flanked or see an angle he should/shouldn't be taking etc etc.
They need a overhead view and views behind the barrels and on each plauer/bunker and TONS of editing.
So likely watching it live will NEVER be entertaining to a non paintball player.
ChaseJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:53 PM #12
ChaseJax

ChaseJax is attending Decay of Nations VII
ChaseJax supports Empire
Also we need the competitions to be intercity then city vs city state vs state for a tournament or tournament series. We need professional teams to represent states or cities like other sports. Hard to root for 99% of paintball because they all don't represent a city or state and have it in there name.
Maybe a tournament a year. Hold city competitions where any team tries out then plays against other cities. Winner is just called whatever state there in. Blah blah blah. Put me in charge ill take paintball places.
ChaseJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:47 PM #13
Robmob43

Quote:
Originally Posted by cville33 View Post
I can't see paintball in the X games anytime soon (even though it would be cool). Why? The X games if I do recall are all currently individual events, while paintball is a team sport.
^^^This is why it won't happen^^^^

I'm not an expert at this, but I do try to understand the business and promoting side of Extreme Sporting events.

The XGames are and may always be a Sporting Event for INDIVIDUALS for the foreseeable future. Team Events would increase the operation cost due to the addition of more athletes and Team events normally last longer.
I also believe the XGames invites all its athletes to Compete, well enticing fans into paying for Tickets and Merchandise. This is also how the XGames knows what events to keep and remove each year.

As for the Olympics... It may never happen due to the GENERL PUBLIC. To them Paintball is a game of "Gun Play" or "Violence". The general public does not see the ATHLETIC or MENTAL side of Paintball. Paintball would also be classified as a Extreme Team Sport full of "Adrenalin" "High Intensity" and "Aggressive Play". You may or may not know but Contact Sports and Aggressive Individual and Team sports are slowly being removed from the Summer Olympics with one of its oldest sport WRESTLING making its way to the chopping block. This is said to be due to Not Wanting to Promote Violence between Nations in the games.

YES, PingPong and Badminton are Olympic sports but they have been world sports for years. Please remember that Tournament Paintball is still a very young sport and is still changing for the better. We as players need to keep promoting OUR sport. The industry needs to come together and the leagues needs to grow its Lower Affiliate Leagues but most of all, The Paintball Community and Industry needs to give more RESPECT AND PROMOTE the NCPA for its COLLEGE and HIGH SCHOOL programs.
Robmob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:08 AM #14
Ravarju

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintmyBalls904 View Post
Instead of waiting for outside sponsors to contact paintballers, I hope the top paintball teams have been compiling exciting footage of paintballing and taking it to them. Energy drinks such as rockstar are a perfect match for paintball. Extreme sports is sorta going back underground. Every trick imaginable has been done and they have lost a lot of wow factor. They brought in new things such as downhill sports and rally car racing to keep us interested, I think paintball has a shot. Maybe we need to think of a good twist to the game to make it more "extreme" for them. This Citadel scenario game with people parachuting and climbing walls for example. Go for a "hunger games" style elimination with every man for himself, put into a giant maze...
I'm starting to see more Monster Energy Drink banners at tournaments and on jerseys. They've taken notice of the sport. I agree with the x-game thought. With so many camera options now, it would be easier now to capture play that viewers could follow.
Ravarju is offline   Reply With Quote