Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-15-2007, 08:27 PM #1
Pooner
MFL4LIFE

has been a member for 10 years
I29?

anyone have any idea on what is going on?

or are they truly what i figured they are?
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2007, 08:35 PM #2
hockey_jk3

i have a feeling the i29 will be gone by next year

edit: yeah i think they are trying to do what alex said

Last edited by hockey_jk3 : 12-15-2007 at 08:48 PM.
hockey_jk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:22 AM #3
Team PowerHouse
(.V.) 605 (.V.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooner View Post
are they truly what i figured they are?
By this do you mean money hungry field owners that are more concerned with bleeding us dry rather than truly making a series for the players. um. yes, I think that is what is true.

Stuff for sale,
Team PowerHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:38 AM #4
deck_money
Ninja Ballin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team PowerHouse View Post
By this do you mean money hungry field owners that are more concerned with bleeding us dry rather than truly making a series for the players. um. yes, I think that is what is true.
+1
deck_money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:48 PM #5
imberiman

field owners

yea all field owners are greedy driving their new mercedes to the fields. How dare they.
imberiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:54 PM #6
Pooner
MFL4LIFE

if you dont mind answering this question.

but who are you?

im not saying that your wrong, business need to profit in order to flourish. thats just economics. but honestly, how many businesses in paintball... actually make a gigantic profit? not too many... at least not yet.

in my opinion, you don't start a business in paintball to necessarily make money. maybe soon, but not yet.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:51 PM #7
cjm555
Some Say...

cjm555 owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
cjm555 is Legendary
any business...paintball or not, is started with the aspect to make money. it doesnt matter what they say about it...thats always the idea.

honestly i dont realy know whats going on there... i'm on the forum but only because i can be... and i dont plan to play all of the event... only one or two as a fill in
Old 12-17-2007, 05:26 AM #8
imberiman

yea

And none of the field owners do make a gigantic profit but everyone insists on calling them greedy. Makes absolutely no sense. I forgot the dodgy in my last post.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:48 PM #9
cjm555
Some Say...

cjm555 owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
cjm555 is Legendary
good profits are only made at places like AA and MPG and even there it pry isnt all that much all the time...
Old 12-17-2007, 07:41 PM #10
Team PowerHouse
(.V.) 605 (.V.)

well, I wasn't saying that they are. its just when you see an owner on the field cheating, you have to wonder if he cheating you elsewhere. you know, that whole moral code deal.

Stuff for sale,
Old 12-17-2007, 08:59 PM #11
Pooner
MFL4LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by imberiman View Post
And none of the field owners do make a gigantic profit but everyone insists on calling them greedy. Makes absolutely no sense. I forgot the dodgy in my last post.

i figured you forgot the dodgy...
and are you ever going to say who you are?

No one makes that good of a profit, like i said. MPG, AA... but they help the players. if not with cash, but they are at least friendly. MPG has the most AMAZING staff. Coolest group of people ever. Seriously. they are always willing to help in one way or another. Thats why i repeatedly practice there. also the facility isnt half bad

and i agree w/ you Jason. completely.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:30 PM #12
johnnyboi
whotie whoo

Scenerio, thats were the money is at.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:31 PM #13
Pooner
MFL4LIFE

johns right.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:52 PM #14
imberiman

well

adam from pb gods
Old 12-18-2007, 01:02 AM #15
Team PowerHouse
(.V.) 605 (.V.)

Well, you would be the last person that i would have any ill will for. and that is the truth. and you should know, we talked about it once

Stuff for sale,
Old 12-18-2007, 05:33 AM #16
imberiman

i know

I just dont want anyone thinking me or any of the fellas is going to retire off of the i 29. Were a young series and things change every year. We changed payout, entries, and a few other things this year. Nothing is set in stone (dates/locations) because the outdoor season is a long shot away.

Adam

The payout this year is 100% per event so no holding money till the end. The novices by the looks of it are going to have a pretty good sized division I have counted 9 so far as of yesterday. So first place alone will be 900 bucks for one tournament. Thats nice moolah.

Just a thought I mean 9 teams you play a max of 11 games single round robin. Walk away with 900. You all know what you got for first last year as do I. This is the new plan to keep the teams coming.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:52 AM #17
Team PowerHouse
(.V.) 605 (.V.)

I totally agree, and I know that most people don't think that it is like that. I know that you guys are not making huge profits. but you shouldn't be when it is suppose to be for the players. its just the little things most that are noticeable that get people all in a huff. and those are the things that will at most times turn people away. people don't like to feel like they are getting hosed. even if they are not. and the funny part is, you can hose people and they can be happy and still won't notice if they are if it is done right. now that doesn't mean that you should. It just means that one needs to be careful about the subjects that people notice and at most sensitive about. just look at another local series that folded for something to compare to.

For example, Like shooting the same batch of paint dang near all summer. To me, that would be something that most people are going to notice. and when people see a definite decline in performance from one leg to the next. that isn't good. so, when people see that, they are like, oh, what else are they trying to screw me with. so, its tough. but. you know how it is, people only focus on what they see. not the whole picture. and no offense to most of the younger kids, but they just don't have any idea about what it takes and costs to run a business. you know adam, I know. because we both are business men. But honestly that is something in my business that I learned quite fast. satisfying the customer. it is the most hardest fickle thing ever, but if you can master that, you dang near can get away with murder. well, its really late and i will stop my rambling and go back to bed. Peace

PS, on another note. Non paintball, hows the kid adam and that side of the state.

Stuff for sale,

Last edited by Team PowerHouse : 12-18-2007 at 07:02 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:49 AM #18
Pooner
MFL4LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team PowerHouse View Post

For example, Like shooting the same batch of paint dang near all summer. To me, that would be something that most people are going to notice.

and when we pay 60 a case, every time.. it dosnt make sense.
at a WTS at Metro, we were paying 45-50 a case, for the same paint.

I understand its a new series, and it needs to grow. thing is, im growing faster then it is. and i wanna keep growing, and not wait. i have issues with some small things in the I29, and i know it (people) have issues w/ me.
plus i have the added benefit of traveling virtually whenever i want. so i can play national events, and pracitce 3 hours away 1 to 2 times per month. this is my opinion, and my personal situation.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:56 PM #19
deck_money
Ninja Ballin'

60 for bronze is ridiculious... todd sells ULTRA EVIL for 55 which is 100 X better than bronze.... so eaither the i-29 has a bad paint deal or todd has a very good one...
deck_money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:10 PM #20
imberiman

see

Last year was the first year we got in with procaps. We had to make a name for ourselves so they knew were werent some group of individuals out on the farm. Also we got alot of free stuff along with the paint. Remember tanks, goggles, and other equipment from the players party. We are working on the paint pricing but wont know till the first of the year. I am personally along with some other people from Paintball Gods going down to Atlanta on the 3rd of january and am going to be talking to the reps. This is an expensive deal to do. This is out of my pocket, and I dont expect to see a dime for it I just want to get the best deal we all can. Everyone that plays at my field knows what I charge and knows that I am one of the cheapest places to play. Hopefully when the new prices come in everyone will be entertained. Also people must remember that there is a MAP price for paint and some dealers are selling under map and just havent been reported. Just a thought I dont know who all does it and I am not pointing fingers but their is a bottom number fields can sell at.

Adam
Old 12-19-2007, 09:34 AM #21
JackoDaddy5
Old West

JackoDaddy5 is a Supporting Member
actually there is not, there is a bottom price fields can advertise at, thus being MAP, Manufacturers Advertised Pricing, but not a bottom price you can sell at, i.e. you get paint at 35 a case, just say map is 45 a case, so you advertise at 45 a case, but when people come to your field, you can sell it for 40, MAP pricing means nothing when it comes to actually selling the product

also...60 a case is rediculous for bronze, i know what the most expensive prices are for xball paint, and i know 60 a case is making you some money, i think you were lucky that the teams that did play didnt notice, or didnt care and paid it anyways
JackoDaddy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups