Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-18-2013, 01:33 PM #1
RaginCajun20

Asa

I'm looking into getting an etek 4 and I was wondering if the pops system like the ego 11 has would fit and work on it?
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2013, 01:56 PM #2
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

has been a member for 10 years
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCajun20 View Post
I'm looking into getting an etek 4 and I was wondering if the pops system like the ego 11 has would fit and work on it?
Yes. All the Eclipse Markers ,except for the Ego5/6 I believe, have the t-rail system and will work with the POPS asa.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:32 PM #3
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

msweeneygt owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
msweeneygt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
msweeneygt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by abenguyen View Post
Yes. All the Eclipse Markers ,except for the Ego5/6 I believe, have the t-rail system and will work with the POPS asa.
The 05 Ego came with a micro drop rail with OOPS. The 06 Ego featured an integrated dove tail so no rail was required. I think the first generation Eteks had the same integrated rail as the 06 Ego. The 07 Egos/Etek 2s and up Planet Eclipse markers came with the T-slot system. Not hacking on you just adding information for future readers.
Planet Eclipse Etek w/. Star frame, 08 Ego expansion board, Etek 3 regulator, Ego10 OOPS ASA, SLS Cure 3+ bolt w/. inserts, Zick kit, Kila detents, Ego 5/6 clamping feedneck w/. Ego 11 lever and Violent thumbwheel, PE red laser eyes, Shaft 4 barrel kit w/. all backs and fronts, both Bump pistons.
V3 Dye Rotor w/. Virtue board
114/4500 Carleton w/. Myth reg

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T

Last edited by msweeneygt : 02-18-2013 at 03:10 PM.
msweeneygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:53 PM #4
RaginCajun20

Alright guys thanks
Old 02-18-2013, 04:13 PM #5
aresfiend
Recovering gun whore

aresfiend owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aresfiend owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by msweeneygt View Post
I think the first generation Eteks had the same integrated rail as the 06 Ego
Nope, every gen Etek has the T slot rail.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:37 PM #6
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

I could have sworn that was an integrated dove tail not a T-slot on the original Eteks. I could be wrong. But from the brief time period I actually had an original Etek frame on my Etek (before getting an Etek 2 frame, then the Star frame) I had a CP ASA mounted but it was direct mounted via two frame screws. So I never did pay any attention to my original Etek frame. I just always thought they were the same dove tail design as the 06 because the ASAs were so similar.
Planet Eclipse Etek w/. Star frame, 08 Ego expansion board, Etek 3 regulator, Ego10 OOPS ASA, SLS Cure 3+ bolt w/. inserts, Zick kit, Kila detents, Ego 5/6 clamping feedneck w/. Ego 11 lever and Violent thumbwheel, PE red laser eyes, Shaft 4 barrel kit w/. all backs and fronts, both Bump pistons.

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T
Old 02-18-2013, 06:39 PM #7
aresfiend
Recovering gun whore

Quote:
I could have sworn that was an integrated dove tail not a T-slot on the original Eteks. I could be wrong. But from the brief time period I actually had an original Etek frame on my Etek (before getting an Etek 2 frame, then the Star frame) I had a CP ASA mounted but it was direct mounted via two frame screws. So I never did pay any attention to my original Etek frame. I just always thought they were the same dove tail design as the 06 because the ASAs were so similar.
Nope, Etek 1s have a T-Slot.

How do I know this? Because Etek users weren't complaining about having to buy a new ASA when they upgraded to a Star frame
Old 02-18-2013, 08:15 PM #8
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

I stand corrected. Like I said I had very little time with my original Etek frame. At least someone who stumbles on to this thread will be properly informed.

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T
Old 02-18-2013, 11:42 PM #9
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
The 05 Ego came with a micro drop rail with OOPS. The 06 Ego featured an integrated dove tail so no rail was required. I think the first generation Eteks had the same integrated rail as the 06 Ego. The 07 Egos/Etek 2s and up Planet Eclipse markers came with the T-slot system. Not hacking on you just adding information for future readers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
Nope, every gen Etek has the T slot rail.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
Nope, Etek 1s have a T-Slot.

How do I know this? Because Etek users weren't complaining about having to buy a new ASA when they upgraded to a Star frame
Quote:
I stand corrected. Like I said I had very little time with my original Etek frame. At least someone who stumbles on to this thread will be properly informed.

TO CLARIFY! lol...

msweeneygt you are correct, the Etek1 came with a standard dovetail rail mount. I just went through my old pictures and my Etek 1 had a CP on/off asa without any additional rail on it. This means it did not come with the T-rail system just yet. For proof. I'm sure someone could consult the manual as well.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:58 PM #10
aresfiend
Recovering gun whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by abenguyen View Post
TO CLARIFY! lol...

msweeneygt you are correct, the Etek1 came with a standard dovetail rail mount. I just went through my old pictures and my Etek 1 had a CP on/off asa without any additional rail on it. This means it did not come with the T-rail system just yet. For proof. I'm sure someone could consult the manual as well.

Nevermind, yeah. You're both right. I never noticed the adapter for the stock Etek 1 ASA for the Star frame
Old 02-19-2013, 12:50 AM #11
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

Oddly enough that is almost how mine looked, except mine was a dust red CP. I didn't want to say for sure, because I had very little exposure with the original frame. I immediately arranged for an Etek 2 frame, then obviously had the T-slot. I glad someone else could clear this up. I still have the CP ASA tucked away. Just not the frame.

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T